The game crashes whenever I try to launch a craft...HELP!

I just got the Making History expansion and booted up a game. I was excited and tried to launch my first vessel in a Science Mode game. It immediately crashed and didn't even leave a report. I confirmed that this happens only when I try to launch vessels, as I can exit the VAB and SPH as well as the game itself without issue. It's only when I try to launch a vessel do things begin to get tricky. It freezes on the loading screen, makes some sort of computer noise (I have long forgotten what noises mean what, but it sounds suspiciously like the ding that plays whenever my computer attempts to stop and give me a "Are you sure you wish to run this program" message. On a side note, It is telling me that I can't delete saves I've made. It gives me a message saying that the save is "imcompatable" but allows it to disappear from the resume game screen anyways. They are still there in the folder (as I have it on my desktop) and I have to delete them manually. I think I have a corrupted version of KSP. Please help!

Can you give some more info that might help?

Are you on 64 bit or 32?And are you launching the correct one?

Steam?Did you do a clean install or verify files?(if you are on steam)

Are you starting the game as administrator?Did you start a new save or an old one?

I hope you find the solution, maybe someone with more expertise can pinpoint the problem.

Edited by Boyster

Actually, I have the x86 installer. That might be what's causing the issue.

I'll try and see if this fixes the issues and edit the post if it does. Thanks @Boyster!

Edit: Yep, the expansion didn't like 86 bit, is now everything's OK.

Edited by TopHeavy11

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.