The Dunatian - BRING HIM HOME

Mikki

Hi all, @MrUnderhill, @PeskyPony and @benni burgerman,

I just checked the issue and again it seems the lesser/greater values swapped. I fixed and tested it. I also removed the old samplereturnvessel in case someone accidently launches it. Really sorry for the unconvenience and hope you download 2.1 (In the OP now, NEW 2.2!)... :blush: NEWEST 2.3!

Look:

Spoiler

I4QhU2A.png

Edited by Mikki

On 5/23/2018 at 9:55 AM, PeskyPony said:

Great! DLing now.
Would I need to restart the mission or is there a way to edit nodes in 2.0 to fix it?

No way to fix it by editing, i just revised two times the version and have now discarded accuracy checks in favor of measuring distance which does work 100% failsafe as long you reach the designated minimal landingradius... Omg the accuracy check is somewhat absolutly crazy, i think its not working as intended or i`m plain stupid. :D

I have a new version, 2.3             (Fully tested)

Edited by Mikki
Deleted link

On 5/23/2018 at 11:19 AM, Mikki said:

i think its not working as intended

@Mikki That's my guess too after playing Version 2.3 which for some reason I can't finish. Just to be clear, Version 2.0 worked just fine for me until the very end. In this version the mission simply doesn't end after recovering the dreamchaser vehicle. I've tried to recover in spacecenter scene and in-flight scene, same result. I'm sorry:D

Edit: The "userdata" logfile doesn't tell me much about the issue.

Edited by Dexter_D

11 hours ago, Dexter_D said:

@Mikki That's my guess too after playing Version 2.3 which for some reason I can't finish. Just to be clear, Version 2.0 worked just fine for me until the very end. In this version the mission simply doesn't end after recovering the dreamchaser vehicle. I've tried to recover in spacecenter scene and in-flight scene, same result. I'm sorry:D

Edit: The "userdata" logfile doesn't tell me much about the issue.

Okay, the eventnodecheck... did you recover the DreamChaser? Bob must be in it while doing so.:wink:

Edited by Mikki

Yes I have recovered the dreamchaser with Bob in it, both Dexter and Bob were available for a new mission.

Edit: I was investigating a bit today. I wonder why the 2.3 version has a highscore of 140 points and a max score of only 130 points. Also unlike version 2.0 the spawn-dreamchaser-node isn't connected to the recover-bob-node anymore.

Edited by Dexter_D

On 5/26/2018 at 8:23 PM, Dexter_D said:

Ok well, I did install both versions again after deleting them including all saved data. I will take another try later, for now it looks like this...

Hi @Dexter_D, thanks for reviewing my mission, your picture shows 2.0, i`d stick with 2.3 which doesn`t contain any accuracy tests anymore, i have changed the score based on measure distance, and it works properly (In the spoiler above). :)

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎5‎/‎28‎/‎2018 at 3:09 PM, Mikki said:

Hi @Dexter_D, thanks for reviewing my mission, your picture shows 2.0, i`d stick with 2.3 which doesn`t contain any accuracy tests anymore, i have changed the score based on measure distance, and it works properly (In the spoiler above). :)

I have the same problem just like @Dexter_D(Landed the plane in the desire place, recover it, while the mission didn't complete). And I have only downloaded the version 2.3.

However, It's a interesting mission, and I know I have made it, that's enough for me.;)

15 hours ago, ln93 said:

I have the same problem just like @Dexter_D(Landed the plane in the desire place, recover it, while the mission didn't complete). And I have only downloaded the version 2.3.

However, It's a interesting mission, and I know I have made it, that's enough for me.;)

Hi there, thanks for your feedback, i just realised i forgot to fork the last "recover Bob" node... :blush: New version is coming in a few hours!

Edit: I just checked the issue and the final checks work as intended, no change made... Don`t know what`s causing mentioned behaviour... but i am investigating. I found that some values tend to flip back while editing distance checks, so :/

Edit 2: I changed the last sequence, placed a flag aside the Dessert runway to make sure the last distance check works properly.

New Version is 2.4!

Edited by Mikki

• 1 month later...
7 hours ago, Dexter_D said:

@Mikki It seems version 2.4 is just working as intended this time. :D I have finished it yesterday without running into any issues. (Only issue are the temperatures here these days)

Hi @Dexter_D, glad to have a new review on the Mission, i played it a few weeks ago myself and i couldn`t believe i made this thing myself... the trip to the Skiaparellicrater is a truly brutal challenge on wheels, i barely made it this time with just some fuel left...:0.0: i must admit it can get scary...

1 hour ago, Mikki said:

Hi @Dexter_D, glad to have a new review on the Mission, i played it a few weeks ago myself and i couldn`t believe i made this thing myself... the trip to the Skiaparellicrater is a truly brutal challenge on wheels, i barely made it this time with just some fuel left...:0.0: i must admit it can get scary...

@Mikki Yeah I would've played it earlier but my motivation to play pc sank to zero in the beginning of june because it's so hot. :D Glad to hear you also pulled yourself through. If I'm honest I never had a scary situation this time, because of my new friend Precise Maneuver node. It gives you some much needed finecontrol for the maneuvers.I think it's not cheating, mechjeb would be, but who needs mechjeb for travelling to duna or back from it?!:cool:

• 2 weeks later...
8 hours ago, Gargamel said:

Grats on the article and this awesome mission.  I'm rounding out my 1.3.1 career, and when I finally get to 1.4x and MH, I know this will be one of the first things I try. 

You will face hilarious, unforgiving and meaning of life questioning tasks.

Luckily nobody spoiled what`s really going on on Duna.

You might want to buy a bucket icecream and potatochips before getting stranded like never before.

And you need coffee, cheats are disabled.

And you must buy your GF some expensive flowers if you can pull Bob home.

Ive experimented around a bit and for some reason in my game there must be some sort of transfer glitch.  the fuel cell wont charge the on board battery and the batter wont power the wheels.  I hacked a fix by connected both rovers together and now the fuel cell will charge the battery on the second rover and I can drive around like a big caterpillar.  :)  just makes it more realistic!!

Regarding fuel transfer and battery power.. I can comfirm that in v2,4 that it is working.

But i am my self have some problems.
The game will not detect that BOB enters the rover and it will also not detect that i examin the DTV ( abandoned landing gear of the return vehicle ) near the base.
I have played the mission 2 times now.. .1 time before the latest update, and one time after.
The first time before the update/patch ( i think ) i was able to advance and bob sitting in the rover was detected and the signal i send to kerbin also was detected.
Money was unlocked and everything worked perfect except i crashed the sattelite above duna and desided to restart..
During my next playtough the above objectives where not unlocked or recognized...

Im not sure if it is a bug, or if I was just unlucky.  ;-)
Tomorrow i restart and try again.

PS.. I dont think it is so obvious for people that they have to be in the capsul in the base and then right click the white faring so it fall appart so you can get out.
Maybe a little help tekst would be nice. ;-)

Hi there @Peder

I have buildt this mission on a absolute 100% vanilla install to avoid any issues, i can only suggest to reset the mission after updating the base game.
You might also want to verify your game cache trough Steam...
I can not support issues on heavy modified installations for obvious reasons, and as far as i am aware of (Just tested it again) the mission does run on KSP 1.4.5 MH 1.4.
(Most recent)

I am planning a full test (including Dessert airfield recovery) sunday morning :wink: to verify the intended behaviour.
Thank you nonetheless for pointing at possible trouble :) I am investigating :rolleyes:

The habitat issue... i never thought about blowing it up... i allways transfer Bob to the exit pod... :D Its not meant to blow the Greenhouse up....

Edited by Mikki