Jump to content

The Dunatian - BRING HIM HOME


Mikki
 Share

Recommended Posts

11 hours ago, Mikki said:

Hi there, try to verify your game cache, quite hard to guess what is causing the issue from here... good luck!

Did it a couple times through steam but it didn't seem to help. I'm doing a fresh install of the game now, if that doesn't work I'm out of ideas.

Edit: Yeah it didn't work. Later I'll try it on earlier versions of KSP

Edited by Camnew
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Dexter_D said:

 

@CamnewHi there,

stupid question here! Are you certain that it isn't just a simple typo when naming the KAIJANG KHEN? I mean of course it's really unlikely that it happens twice but just to be sure you could have a look. Copy/paste -> KAIJANG KHEN

That was one of the first things I checked, thankfully. I am using the prefab rocket but I've retyped the name just to make sure.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I may have found out what I did wrong. I looked at the mission builder and realized I've been doing things out of order. I thought when something was highlighted blue it was an active objective, but it looks like they are just done from top to bottom in order.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, Camnew said:

I may have found out what I did wrong. I looked at the mission builder and realized I've been doing things out of order. I thought when something was highlighted blue it was an active objective, but it looks like they are just done from top to bottom in order.

Yeah I had that as well. Only realized it after looking at the mission builder. Everything is sequential, but the goals are shown anyway. A design fail in KSP Making History, IMHO...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hi Mikki, I have an existential problem, the rovers do not bring a fuel engine, but if I deposit fuel (only the Shiny rover), should it be like that?
I landed the Kares V with the fuel supply, supplied the rover, but without an engine it doesn't work for me, I tried to go to the Kares IV only with the battery charge and it's useless, I can't find a fuel engine to couple.
I will try to send another Kares V with fuel engine supply.
I am right? help me please Mikki, I would thank you very much. I have KSP 1.7

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, yorugua71 said:

Hi Mikki, I have an existential problem, the rovers do not bring a fuel engine, but if I deposit fuel (only the Shiny rover), should it be like that?
I landed the Kares V with the fuel supply, supplied the rover, but without an engine it doesn't work for me, I tried to go to the Kares IV only with the battery charge and it's useless, I can't find a fuel engine to couple.
I will try to send another Kares V with fuel engine supply.
I am right? help me please Mikki, I would thank you very much. I have KSP 1.7

Doesn`t the red rover have a fuelcell attached? :wink: Good luck!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, yorugua71 said:

I watched the movie again to see more details of that maneuver and I think I know how to slow down the Kermes, just like the movie.

HI there, glad you get a grip on this adventure... 

Slight spoiler ahead, regarding the ascend and rendezvous of the Kres IV and the Kermes....

Spoiler

The ascender has quite sufficient deltaV to catch up with the Kermes even at high orbital velocyties, more a matter of maneuvering then fuel...:wink:

Don`t hesitate when failing, using quicksafe is highly recommended, make even hard savepoints from time to time, we do aswell...:D

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/5/2019 at 8:19 PM, Monxas said:

For the love of god I cannot make the mission to recognize I came close to the drv. this is what it's looking like:
https://steamcommunity.com/id/monxas/screenshot/779608208360229977
I'm 10m away from it with what I think is the correct vehicle, I did the previous objectives, I docked, undocked...

Hi Monxas, i see your issue and my only advice is to try verifying the game cache (Steam, Game propertys...)

Or if you have updated recently to 1.7.3, try to un- and reinstall the mission after doing the above mentioned ...

Sorry but this might not help much, you seem to run allready a all stock game, if you have any mods i cannot fathom what goes on in the background however...

I think you`ll get it running nonetheless...

Try switching the active vessel while being in range... 

But else i dunno actually why it doesn`t trigger the next objective... :/ 

Edit: i see you have a language swap, i hope it doesn`t sport any bugs regarding the editor or the DLC itself... please report back if you can or cannot solve the problem... good luck!

Edited by Mikki
Link to comment
Share on other sites

 

Quote

Edit: i see you have a language swap, i hope it doesn`t sport any bugs regarding the editor or the DLC itself... please report back if you can or cannot solve the problem... good luck!

Thanks, I'll try tonight again. This is a really cool mission I hope I can make through!

 
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, Monxas said:

Thanks, I'll try tonight again. This is a really cool mission I hope I can make through!

... Expect at least 5-6 hours to solve this mission, this can extend however for casual players, there is quite alot to do and hidden in the missionwindow...:wink:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 4 weeks later...

hello, thanks miki for the great mission.

 

trying to do this mission, i landed the kres V supply probe close to the hab and don't see the ticker going green..

 

can you tell from the screenshot what i did wrong.

this was taken 10 seconds after the landing.

 

the engine was dropped when i was at around 2000-3000 altitude

 

thanks again for this very cool mission

zUH0SG.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

@pogo protie, i see your probe slides slowly down the hill, it should trigger the objective when it stop doing so...

0,1 meters second... maybe raise the legs for a short while?  :)

I wish you good luck and a successfull mission, crazy tasks are coming around the corner... :wink:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, Mikki said:

 

interesting idea to retract the legs. I actually had to reload a quite far old save point because  i realized on the ground that you have to really inspect the vehicle before leaving kerbin &) to make sure you have everything..

 

hopefully it works. will let you know when i get a chance to play

Link to comment
Share on other sites

well... im lost, i just re did it all the way. landed 2.5 km away form the target and i have 0 velocity but its not turning as a check mark. 

what im doing for far is deorbiting with a impact point a little bit passed the HAB. when getting closer, burning a bit to get it real close. then opening the chutes with gear down.

 

dumping the engine, switch to it and somewhat land it. then watch the probe land on its own inside the 12 km but i don't know what's wrong.

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 10/7/2019 at 1:55 AM, pogo protie said:

well... im lost, i just re did it all the way. landed 2.5 km away form the target and i have 0 velocity but its not turning as a check mark. 

what im doing for far is deorbiting with a impact point a little bit passed the HAB. when getting closer, burning a bit to get it real close. then opening the chutes with gear down.

dumping the engine, switch to it and somewhat land it. then watch the probe land on its own inside the 12 km but i don't know what's wrong.

Hi there, your issue gives me true concerns, i will investigate this my own next time i fire up KSP...

You are running a all stock installation, and you haven`t changed the name of the supplyprobe launcher in the VAB....

I hope the last update didn`t break anything for making history, i am pretty upset if thats the case...

Can you provide a savefile of your mission, dropbox or similar?

Edited by Mikki
typo, more of them
Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, pogo protie said:

all right , so i don't know what was wrong, but i got tired so i deleted all my saves, restarted the mission from scratch and just landed 30 seconds ago and it went ok this time. back to new adventures for bob

I will take a shot this sunday on my mission again, your report made curious about the welldoing of the "The Dunatian* along the various updates....

I hope you make it back to Kerbin!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/4/2019 at 7:27 PM, Mikki said:

HI there, glad you get a grip on this adventure... 

Slight spoiler ahead, regarding the ascend and rendezvous of the Kres IV and the Kermes....

  Hide contents

The ascender has quite sufficient deltaV to catch up with the Kermes even at high orbital velocyties, more a matter of maneuvering then fuel...:wink:

Don`t hesitate when failing, using quicksafe is highly recommended, make even hard savepoints from time to time, we do aswell...:D

Could you give a hint on the maneuvering... I tried different types of orbits to achieve an encounter but still get around 1,5k m/s difference on encounter With such gap there is no chance to dock... 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 hours ago, ilya_f said:

Could you give a hint on the maneuvering... I tried different types of orbits to achieve an encounter but still get around 1,5k m/s difference on encounter With such gap there is no chance to dock... 

Hi there, some tips:

1. Put the Kermes on a retrograde trajectory around Duna, high elliptic, periapsis not to low... maybe 250-350km above surface...

 2. Launch with Bob towards west when the Kermes is incoming... timing is the key...

3. Match up trajectory, inclination and speed as fast as you can, bail out Bob and enter the Kermes on EVA, no docking required...

4. Enjoy the thrill! :D

The KRES IV ascender should have enough deltaV for this direct-ascend-and-rendezvous maneuver, you have little time to make it right, but it is possible as you see below: 

wEcC9bm.png

This maneuver is really hard to process, but it is just like in the cinematic. It`s possible, with lots of safetymargin left, timing is the key.

I hope you can imagine on how to set the maneuver up... good luck! :)

@ilya_f   IIRC the ascender has three stages, look closely!!!  Nope, two stages....sorry...

Edited by Mikki
stages... uhmm
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...