Mikki

The Dunatian - BRING HIM HOME

Posted (edited)
11 hours ago, Mikki said:

Hi there, try to verify your game cache, quite hard to guess what is causing the issue from here... good luck!

Did it a couple times through steam but it didn't seem to help. I'm doing a fresh install of the game now, if that doesn't work I'm out of ideas.

Edit: Yeah it didn't work. Later I'll try it on earlier versions of KSP

Edited by Camnew

@CamnewHi there,

stupid question here! Are you certain that it isn't just a simple typo when naming the KAIJANG KHEN? I mean of course it's really unlikely that it happens twice but just to be sure you could have a look. Copy/paste -> KAIJANG KHEN

1 hour ago, Dexter_D said:

@CamnewHi there,

stupid question here! Are you certain that it isn't just a simple typo when naming the KAIJANG KHEN? I mean of course it's really unlikely that it happens twice but just to be sure you could have a look. Copy/paste -> KAIJANG KHEN

That was one of the first things I checked, thankfully. I am using the prefab rocket but I've retyped the name just to make sure.

I may have found out what I did wrong. I looked at the mission builder and realized I've been doing things out of order. I thought when something was highlighted blue it was an active objective, but it looks like they are just done from top to bottom in order.

14 hours ago, Camnew said:

I may have found out what I did wrong. I looked at the mission builder and realized I've been doing things out of order. I thought when something was highlighted blue it was an active objective, but it looks like they are just done from top to bottom in order.

Yeah I had that as well. Only realized it after looking at the mission builder. Everything is sequential, but the goals are shown anyway. A design fail in KSP Making History, IMHO...

xwdSUeQ.jpg

And done! @Mikki Thanks for making the mission, and thanks to you and the people who helped me with my stupid problem. Doing this mission made me start re-reading The Martian again!

Hi Mikki, I have an existential problem, the rovers do not bring a fuel engine, but if I deposit fuel (only the Shiny rover), should it be like that?
I landed the Kares V with the fuel supply, supplied the rover, but without an engine it doesn't work for me, I tried to go to the Kares IV only with the battery charge and it's useless, I can't find a fuel engine to couple.
I will try to send another Kares V with fuel engine supply.
I am right? help me please Mikki, I would thank you very much. I have KSP 1.7

1 hour ago, yorugua71 said:

Hi Mikki, I have an existential problem, the rovers do not bring a fuel engine, but if I deposit fuel (only the Shiny rover), should it be like that?
I landed the Kares V with the fuel supply, supplied the rover, but without an engine it doesn't work for me, I tried to go to the Kares IV only with the battery charge and it's useless, I can't find a fuel engine to couple.
I will try to send another Kares V with fuel engine supply.
I am right? help me please Mikki, I would thank you very much. I have KSP 1.7

Doesn`t the red rover have a fuelcell attached? :wink: Good luck!

Thanks Mikki for your help, of course the red rover have a fuelcell attached, I've learned many new things with your mission. Now I have problems with intercepting the kermes in orbit, traveling like a bullet. What advice would you give me?

I watched the movie again to see more details of that maneuver and I think I know how to slow down the Kermes, just like the movie.

4 hours ago, yorugua71 said:

I watched the movie again to see more details of that maneuver and I think I know how to slow down the Kermes, just like the movie.

HI there, glad you get a grip on this adventure... 

Slight spoiler ahead, regarding the ascend and rendezvous of the Kres IV and the Kermes....

Spoiler

The ascender has quite sufficient deltaV to catch up with the Kermes even at high orbital velocyties, more a matter of maneuvering then fuel...:wink:

Don`t hesitate when failing, using quicksafe is highly recommended, make even hard savepoints from time to time, we do aswell...:D

On 9/5/2019 at 8:19 PM, Monxas said:

For the love of god I cannot make the mission to recognize I came close to the drv. this is what it's looking like:
https://steamcommunity.com/id/monxas/screenshot/779608208360229977
I'm 10m away from it with what I think is the correct vehicle, I did the previous objectives, I docked, undocked...

Hi Monxas, i see your issue and my only advice is to try verifying the game cache (Steam, Game propertys...)

Or if you have updated recently to 1.7.3, try to un- and reinstall the mission after doing the above mentioned ...

Sorry but this might not help much, you seem to run allready a all stock game, if you have any mods i cannot fathom what goes on in the background however...

I think you`ll get it running nonetheless...

Try switching the active vessel while being in range... 

But else i dunno actually why it doesn`t trigger the next objective... :/ 

Edit: i see you have a language swap, i hope it doesn`t sport any bugs regarding the editor or the DLC itself... please report back if you can or cannot solve the problem... good luck!

Edited by Mikki

Edit: i see you have a language swap, i hope it doesn`t sport any bugs regarding the editor or the DLC itself... please report back if you can or cannot solve the problem... good luck!

Thanks, I'll try tonight again. This is a really cool mission I hope I can make through!

12 hours ago, Monxas said:

Thanks, I'll try tonight again. This is a really cool mission I hope I can make through!

... Expect at least 5-6 hours to solve this mission, this can extend however for casual players, there is quite alot to do and hidden in the missionwindow...:wink: