The Dunatian - BRING HIM HOME

Mikki

Thank you, for reporting these issues. I'll look into this and hopefully find a workaround for the mission breaking problem. Please just don't expect miracles. :D

EDIT: Found a solution in the steam forum by Sausage847 and was able to finish the whole mission. What you need to do is edit the mission through mission builder.

1. Remove the "Spawn Launch site" node for Jiukuan (probably not necessary, but I did't want to leave it in the mission)

2. Edit the "Construct KAIJANG KHEN" node and change location Jiukuan to Launch Pad (KSC)

I hope this helps a bit.

Edited by Dexter_D

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/13/2023 at 4:37 AM, Dexter_D said:

Thank you, for reporting this issues. I'll look into this and hopefully find a workaround to the mission breaking problems. Please just don't expect wonders. :D

I encountered the same sort of broken custom launch pad problem on another mission in the current version which I don't remember clearly enough to find again.

I know very little about the mission builder but in my tinkering, I can't get custom launch sites to work at all, in a simple test mission. They spam duplicate entries into the list of launch sites in the dropdown, they usually can't actually be selected, and if you edit the mission file to set it anyway, the game behaves oddly, either failing with an error when the mission starts, or spawning the craft at a bizarre angle above the default launch pad. Though the launch platform does visually appear in the right spot on Kerbin.

It may be that the devs broke this custom launch sites feature entirely and abandoned this DLC too hard to even notice. May instead be that it's been buggy ever since release and there's some trick to getting it right that I don't know.

Edited by taio

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...