M-Industries

quadro7f

Are you interested in this project?  

11 members have voted

1. 1. Are you interested in this project?

• Hell yeah!
    • No

Mansur_Logo11.jpg

M Corp. is highly specialized production organization, independent contractor.

We specializes in the design and manufacture of advanced game-ready low-poly models of rovers, vehicles, planes, rockets, spaceships, equipment (mostly replicas) using most complex and newest methods, programs and technologies. This includes photorealistic textures production. Company's goal is to provide only AAA+ production, according to payment and principle: "if you doing something - then do it the right way, or don't start it at all".

The scope of works we provide for clients:

- 2d sketching / concept art / production blueprints / artistic images (logos, presentations, web, etc.) (software - Photoshop/SAI);

- production of the low-poly, yet good looking 3d models from the scratch / modifying existing ones if needed (software - 3DsMax);

- mapping/unwrapping models for textures;

- creating special hand-made photorealistic (or less if neede) textures for any kind of models.

Bonus: we can create interiors and basic plugins (such as sound, 2d-interface assistance, modules and virtual cockpit interaction and such).

Company has a very close relationships and cooperation with Vanguard Technologies, that provides philosophical, ethical and technical support.

M corp. also helps other modders teams and companies, as well as do the contract work.

Current activity: none for KSP, searching for orders in other spheres

--------------------------------------------------------

Some examples of old works:

Screenshot_623.jpg

Screenshot_620.jpg

Screenshot_603.jpg

Screenshot_847.jpg

Edited by quadro7f
update

WOW! Great job with the shuttle ! I really like it and can't wait to send it to my space station :) . I have some few question which may look weird x): How long it took you to build the shuttle model ?

Do you have someone to help you ? someone that make the texture? someone that test\balance for you?

For how long have you been modeling ?

It's ok if you don't want to answer some of my question x)

WOW! Great job with the shuttle ! I really like it and can't wait to send it to my space station :) How long it took you to build the shuttle model ?

Do you have someone to help you ? someone that make the texture? someone that test\balance for you?

It's ok if you don't want to answer some of my question x)

I glad what you like it! =)

How long it took you to build the shuttle model ?

Well, technically, i still working on it. Modelling itself going pretty fast, but texturing takes 50-70% of the time (depends on model). Atm i trying to complete cockpit section. I need this for some special tests on my new idea of part connections. I want to implement new feature - internal modules connection. So you could add subsystems like mechjeb or zoxygen inside of modules like here:

avbay.jpg

I really hope what this idea gonna work.

Nope, i am doing all this alone atm.

Since 2004. I graduated as 2d-3d designer in 2008 =) Or you mean this particular model? (2-3 days)

I can produce parts pretty fast (in 3d program), but it takes lots of time on planning and pre-production stage. For example, first, i study lots of NASA materials, schemes, specifications, equipment subsystems. Then after study, i trying to imagine how they gonna be fit to each other in game, how many of them should be in particullar places, why do we need them (i dont want to make useless parts), and at last - how they will affect on gameplay.

Edited by quadro7f

Thanks for the reply ;) I'm also making a mod but it's still in early development (only modeling for now). In the same time I'm learning tricks on how to do things but sometime I really hope I would have a better knowledge of my 3D program :( (Cinema 4D). If you'll need someone to beta test\balance your mod (when you will be finished ) just message me;) I really like to test and balance new parts :D

Thanks for the reply ;) I'm also making a mod but it's still in early development (only modeling for now). In the same time I'm learning tricks on how to do things but sometime I really hope I would have a better knowledge of my 3D program :( (Cinema 4D). If you'll need someone to beta test\balance your mod (when you will be finished ) just message me;) I really like to test and balance new parts :D

OK, will do =)

Your modeling and texturing are really nice. I can't wait to see more of and hopefully be playing in your shuttle pretty soon. :)

Thanks. Yeah me too =)

Ok, shuttle's command section almost ready for tests. I remade textures to full HD format.

Screenshot_356.jpg

Screenshot_357.jpg

Screenshot_358.jpg

Screenshot_359.jpg

Screenshot_360.jpg

Screenshot_361.jpg

Today's progress:

1. Successful tests of mesh collider in game.

2. Improved textures on top (white tiles).

3. New HD texture on back side.

4. Improved mesh of "hood" (now its smooth).

Screenshot_379.jpg

Screenshot_378.jpg

Screenshot_362.jpg

Screenshot_365.jpg

Coming next - nose section and parts connection tests.

Edited by quadro7f

How about having a "Ejection Seat" for the Kerbalnauts in case of catastrophic failures? If I recall correctly, the early Space Shuttles had them installed...

Aye, Columbia had 2 Ejection Seats during first 4 flights. But they can save only 2 crew members (commander and pilot). Other 6 kerbals couldn't make it.

Plus i dont know how to implement this for more than single pilot anyway. We dont have technical solution for this yet. Theoreticaly i can make seat as command pod, but this will work only on jet type cabin, like F-16 and only for 1 guy.

Here is NASA's escape diagram:

5-12_m.jpg

Right now we use "Primary Egress Route", so you have to EVA you kerbanauts one by one but we need personal parachutes (i hope they will be added by Dev's sooner or later).

Also, i have plan B. Here is alternative conception:

015safeShuttle.gif

This scheme can take only 4-5 kerbanauts, but in case of emergency, they all gonna be safe. And as you may see, there is no MID Deck and hatches on side - they all on the top of cabin.

Plan C is to use these scheme (but we need multi-command modules support first):

03.25.03.escape.jpg

Edited by quadro7f

On the subject of the droptanks, i've taken a good look at them and i believe you need to think again on their cfg's.

First of all, their dry weight is quite unrealistic. Three different sizes all with the same weight of 0.1 ?!

Then the volumes: 150, 300 and 600. You've stated in the readme.txt that each tank is twice as large as the previous one. What you didn't realise is that you've increased all dimensions by a factor of 2, therefor the volume increases by a factor 8. The dry weight should also increase by at least a factor 4 (assuming the same thickness). When i compare the largest one (G3), it's volume is about the same as a single large stock fueltank, so 600 is a good estimate.

However the G2 normally would hold only 1/8th, so it should be 75 and not 300. With the G1 it then should be about 10 (not 150).

I recommend that you change the values as follows:

G3

contents: 600

total weight: 5.2

Dry weight: 1.6

G2

contents: 100

total weight: 1.0

Dry weight: 0.4

G1

contents: 30

total weight: 0.4

Dry weight: 0.2

On the subject of the droptanks, i've taken a good look at them and i believe you need to think again on their cfg's.

First of all, their dry weight is quite unrealistic. Three different sizes all with the same weight of 0.1 ?!

Then the volumes: 150, 300 and 600. You've stated in the readme.txt that each tank is twice as large as the previous one. What you didn't realise is that you've increased all dimensions by a factor of 2, therefor the volume increases by a factor 8. The dry weight should also increase by at least a factor 4 (assuming the same thickness). When i compare the largest one (G3), it's volume is about the same as a single large stock fueltank, so 600 is a good estimate.

However the G2 normally would hold only 1/8th, so it should be 75 and not 300. With the G1 it then should be about 10 (not 150).

I recommend that you change the values as follows:

G3

contents: 600

total weight: 5.2

Dry weight: 1.6

G2

contents: 100

total weight: 1.0

Dry weight: 0.4

G1

contents: 30

total weight: 0.4

Dry weight: 0.2

Thanks for corrections! I gonna check it again and fix them soon. If there so few fuel in G2 and especially in G1, then i should make G2 not twice, but 1/3 smaller than G3 and G1 1/3 smaller than G2, or somethink like that =)

Thanks for corrections! I gonna check it again and fix them soon. If there so few fuel in G2 and especially in G1, then i should make G2 not twice, but 1/3 smaller than G3 and G1 1/3 smaller than G2, or somethink like that =)

1/3 smaller means the remaining is 2/3, which gives a volume of 8/27th which is coincedentally almost 1/3. So the volumes would be 600, 200, 65. Fuel weights: 0.006 times the volume so 3.6, 1.2 and 0.4. Dry weights: 1.6, 0.8 and 0.4. Total weights: 5.2, 2.0 and 0.8.

Unless i'm mistaken you only need to make a new G2. The old G2 can easily be used as the new G1. The difference between the old G2 and the new G1 are so slight that i wouldn't bother making a new G1.

Edited by TheCardinal

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.