M-Industries

quadro7f

Are you interested in this project?  

11 members have voted

1. 1. Are you interested in this project?

• Hell yeah!
    • No

Basically it tells the ship that the lowest point is far below the ship (with 'far' being whatever you set in the part.cfg) like a launch clamp does. It bugs out below kerbosyncronous altitude but works great in low orbits (and for just falling down a few 100 metres for fun).

It also has an option to set the velocity vector of the ship to directly bring it in a circular orbit at that altitude.

No teleportations etc are done and the G force meter also stays in the green area, so it should be kraken-free, the only bug is that it doesn't work from the SPH at all.

How are the launchpad and/or crawler coming along? Any progress so far? (p.s. take a look at the modular wheel mod, should be helpfull)

I asked Tosh about track possibilities and he said what it is impossible to create them atm. But i gonna try anyway. If it fails, then i will back to plan B - multple weels blocks.

Ok, thanx, gonna check that mod.

I think it is... Use wheel colliders for all wheels that power or hold the chain and use animations to fake the chain movements...

Sure, i gonna try this method :) But first, i need to finish several tons of stuff.

P.S. Could somebody help me - it seems what i can do absolutely nothing with poll. This thing just stuck forever and i cant change or remove it. Where should i push to make such things?

Edited by quadro7f

OMFG! if you build the venture star i will freak out !! im obsessed with that machine and the whole 3 seconds of footage in avatar of it, its even my wallpaper!! to fly it in KSP would be insane,it would make a Kethane/RDA type game awesome imagine the I.S.V ferrying kethane from planets back to kerbin.

Edited by Dyflinn432

Any more USTS In game pics? I'm looking forward to it.

Here is some extra ones from early developing stage:

Screenshot_414.jpg

Screenshot_417.jpg

Of course it looks much better now, since i using 4 textures per part, based on 2 shaders =P

Anyway, the project is on hold atm.

Edited by quadro7f

http://kerbalspaceprogram.com/forum/showthread.php/22934-0-17-twin-seat-space-plane-pod-working-internal%28unity-project-INCLUDED%29

Check out this mod. He made an internal cockpit and includes the unity project file which might help crack the code on making internals. Thought you might want to check it out for the USTS ;)

Check out this mod. He made an internal cockpit and includes the unity project file which might help crack the code on making internals. Thought you might want to check it out for the USTS ;)

Thanks, man =) This definitely will be helpful.

happy to help with ideas remember i'm happy to help any pony, human and kerbal if you got anymore ideas you want to tryout just tell me and ill see if it's a rocket worth becoming a project brought by Self Destruction Unit concept department

Edited by princess venus

You know, it would be awesome if you worked with BOBcat for the X-71. You would be able to deploy his exploration rovers from the bottom cargo bay door like with the Armadillo in Armageddon. Maybe even make the Armadillo.

Although I don't know how you would be able to land the x-71 on Duna without a runway (unless your a good pilot and can find flat enough ground)

Anyway, I'm really looking forward to testing out your shuttle's. They will be very useful in the future.

OMG looks awesome!!! i think a good way of getting it into space would be the jump drive (from the orbital construction mod) once it gets updated. keep up the good word

You mean Venture Star - interstellar ship? Even so, it's too big to build it even in hangar. There should be some sort of docking technology to assemble it in orbit into proper working space ship. Simple engine alone as same size as entire Kerbal Space Center.

You're gonna build the Armageddon shuttle?! Awsome :D!!!

Sure. X-71 Shuttle is perfect for deep space missions on other planets. I gonna make some additional hover engines for better landing opportunities :) (You could use them with regular shuttles as well, of course).

Sweet I was thinking one way to keep it balanced when hovering was to use a system of ballast tanks with a pump!!

Intresting idea. Anyway, Valkyria shuttle will have hover options by default. I think its good idea to use servo plugin for this feature.

UPD:

Added new possible project:

Voyager Shuttle by Jason Hazelroth:

space.jpg

drawing.jpg

Edited by quadro7f

Don't want to be discouraging or anything, but it seems like it's taking a really long time to make any progress on the shuttle, unless you're just not showing us how it's coming along. =P

This is because i cant work on shuttle these days. Usually it takes 3-4 hours for regular part and 1 day per complex part, like cabin or nose you've seen, especially then producing technology is on the rails. But sadly, i have to solve tons of problems in RL before i be able to back to KSP parts Development.

I really want to back to production, but i can't ;.;

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.