SpaceX Falcon 9 Mission (Main Booster Landing Included)

Rookie

SpaceX are trying to land their first main booster, something that seemed like a myth back in the early space race. The Space Shuttle by NASA was good but only the shuttle was reusable and yet two of them unfortunately were destroyed out of the time they serviced. Elon Musk and his team aspire to land the main booster to prove everyone wrong and that private companies can be the leading role in space exploration, which as we know is the way forward at this time. Until NASA get their new SLS and Orion in working order (check out other mission for that) the main hope is SpaceX. Now your task for this mission is to:

1) Land the main booster stage near the KSC.

2) Launch a falcon 9, which is fitted with a small Jeb like payload, into orbit.

Optional: Land the main booster anywhere, you will get extra points and look pretty swift.

3) Land it next to the KSC.

Only mod required is Kerbal Re-usability Expansion: Click here for Mod link

Also, I know that the real Falcon 9 has 4 grid fins but for some reason when I added 4 the craft just went out of control :( will try to fix later but apologies for not being accurate

DOWNLOAD HERE!

6xYZFRD.png

XgOzSX6.pngaLAxgMd.png

Edited by Rookie

Luckily I put max fuel in the rocket at the first part of the mission so it should be easier enough for you, just remember to deploy grid fins and turn SAS off when descending or it gets really tough :D 

• 3 months later...

Nice mission I'm enjoying it a lot.  Having some trouble though getting it to recognize when I get the ship to orbit. I've tried with and without landing the booster. Sometimes the target orbit is visible and I match it very close but just can't seem to meet the objective. Any suggestions for what I might be doing wrong?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.