[1.12.x] Malah's Quick Mods - ZEROMINIAVC in new thread

linuxgurugamer

@linuxgurugamer, thanks for all you and others who herd these cats we call mods.  Very much appreciated.  I'm having an issue on debian linux 64 ksp 1.9.1, IR Next, and with version 2.2.0.7 of QuickExit that CKAN is doling out.  A couple of questions; is there a better version of QuickMods or QuickExit I should be using with 1.9.1?  Is QuickExit considered stable currently and if not what are the caveats re: other mods?

The issue I'm having is that Infernal Robotics goes into fits when I quick exit.  It apparently has a hook in for when the vessel gets destroyed but is not handling the quick exit well.  I can send full logs but below is the spam that repeats for several minutes until the main process finally just hangs up the phone (so no quick exit at all).  The downside is that my IR settings for parts on the craft not only don't get saved, but get wiped, also I sometimes get similar behavior from Action Groups Extended where action groups will lose their details, but the actions names are still there in the custom action list, just no associated parts or actions.  QuickExit seems to be the common factor and if it isn't honoring protocol for giving other mods a chance to do their final chores prior to exiting it would fit the symptoms overall.  Let me know if you think this is an IR issue or if you want more info, or want me to test anything

Exception handling event onVesselDestroy in class ControllerFlight:System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at FlightGlobals.get_Vessels () [0x00005] in <ac04291822974a138f007b85091a10d0>:0 
  at InfernalRobotics_v3.Command.Controller.RebuildServoGroupsFlight () [0x00154] in <7643688b073444688efe2328ed71d977>:0 
  at InfernalRobotics_v3.Command.Controller.OnVesselUnloaded (Vessel v) [0x00016] in <7643688b073444688efe2328ed71d977>:0 
  at EventData`1[T].Fire (T data) [0x000b0] in <ac04291822974a138f007b85091a10d0>:0 

(Filename: ./Runtime/Export/Debug/Debug.bindings.h Line: 35)

After reading back in forum I see you *always* ask for logs, so here are links to Player.log, KSP.log, and edu.log (exception detector)

Also, I'm newish to KSP and am in the middle of sorting out what mods I should or should not be mixing and matching on 1.9.1 by just trying them out so there is a lot of noise in the logs which is why I was going to spare you that

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1dWxgvCPeiwhRO9UnVYRuISWHcaHUHIAk?usp=sharing

Edited by darthgently
Adding logs

35 minutes ago, darthgently said:

@linuxgurugamer, thanks for all you and others who herd these cats we call mods.  Very much appreciated.  I'm having an issue on debian linux 64 ksp 1.9.1, IR Next, and with version 2.2.0.7 of QuickExit that CKAN is doling out.  A couple of questions; is there a better version of QuickMods or QuickExit I should be using with 1.9.1?  Is QuickExit considered stable currently and if not what are the caveats re: other mods?

The issue I'm having is that Infernal Robotics goes into fits when I quick exit.  It apparently has a hook in for when the vessel gets destroyed but is not handling the quick exit well.  I can send full logs but below is the spam that repeats for several minutes until the main process finally just hangs up the phone (so no quick exit at all).  The downside is that my IR settings for parts on the craft not only don't get saved, but get wiped, also I sometimes get similar behavior from Action Groups Extended where action groups will lose their details, but the actions names are still there in the custom action list, just no associated parts or actions.  QuickExit seems to be the common factor and if it isn't honoring protocol for giving other mods a chance to do their final chores prior to exiting it would fit the symptoms overall.  Let me know if you think this is an IR issue or if you want more info, or want me to test anything

Exception handling event onVesselDestroy in class ControllerFlight:System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at FlightGlobals.get_Vessels () [0x00005] in <ac04291822974a138f007b85091a10d0>:0 
  at InfernalRobotics_v3.Command.Controller.RebuildServoGroupsFlight () [0x00154] in <7643688b073444688efe2328ed71d977>:0 
  at InfernalRobotics_v3.Command.Controller.OnVesselUnloaded (Vessel v) [0x00016] in <7643688b073444688efe2328ed71d977>:0 
  at EventData`1[T].Fire (T data) [0x000b0] in <ac04291822974a138f007b85091a10d0>:0 

(Filename: ./Runtime/Export/Debug/Debug.bindings.h Line: 35)

Ok, a couple of things.

First, about the logs.  While providing a snippet can be useful, there is a lot of other information in the logs which is sometimes necessary.  It would be best in the future, to provide a link to the full log at the same time when you provide the snippit.  I appreciate your trying to 'spare' me the verbage, but it necessary.

Second, that is the latest version of QuickMods and QuickExit.

Third, Quick Exit is intended to exit a mostly stock game quickly.  I would say that in your case, you shouldn't be using it.  QuickStart is very good for starting quickly, but Quickexit can be problematical as you have seen.

On 6/26/2020 at 12:48 PM, linuxgurugamer said:

Ok, a couple of things.

First, about the logs.  While providing a snippet can be useful, there is a lot of other information in the logs which is sometimes necessary.  It would be best in the future, to provide a link to the full log at the same time when you provide the snippit.  I appreciate your trying to 'spare' me the verbage, but it necessary.

Second, that is the latest version of QuickMods and QuickExit.

Third, Quick Exit is intended to exit a mostly stock game quickly.  I would say that in your case, you shouldn't be using it.  QuickStart is very good for starting quickly, but Quickexit can be problematical as you have seen.

Thanks, I did re-edit and put a google drive link to all my logs but I'm not seeing that in my post now, though it seemed to show up fine right after I added the link (subject to moderation I suppose).  Anyway, I'll get them into the original report from now on

• 2 weeks later...
22 hours ago, MalfunctionM1Ke said:

QuickContracts isnt working for me.

Is it possible that it is colliding with kerbal alarm clock as that stops all timewarping when cutting of power by the stroke of X?

All other keys bound to QC (V,A,...) arent working either

Golly gee.  I must have ESP, because you didn't give me any information about what version of the game, what version of the mod, what OS you are running on.

Not even a log file.

You've been around since 2013, and you really should know by just reading the forums what a mod author or anyone else who wants to help is going to need.

I'll make it simple for you.

Read the following post:

• 4 weeks later...

Hi @linuxgurugamer

Would be possible to put the buildings shortcut buttons into the "ESC" menu? then there will be no need for other adicional mods I think...

Edited by dtondo

20 hours ago, dtondo said:

Hi @linuxgurugamer

Would be possible to put the buildings shortcut buttons into the "ESC" menu? then there will be no need for other adicional mods I think...

Not without totally rewriting that code (the game code), could be done, but there are other things going on which would need to be addressed.

• 2 months later...
29 minutes ago, Mentatt76 said:

Could it be possible that Quick start mod is conflicting with EVE clouds? Because whenever I use it I see no clouds neither with EVE, nor AVP or any other mod.  ?

I doubt it, I always use quick start and have never had an issue with clouds.

Have you definitely got EVE and it's relevant config file?

14 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Nor will it.  I may come out with a ZeroMiniAVC-v2 for the v2 version of MiniAVC, but they won't be a single appl

Ah, ok. That's good to know.

I'm running my own change to ZeroMiniAVC but didn't want to bother you about it, anyway.

-                               if (_assembly.name == "MiniAVC") {
+                               if (_assembly.name.StartsWith("MiniAVC")) {

• 4 weeks later...
On 10/20/2019 at 9:43 AM, TanoPrime said:

Been through a series of installs and reinstalls with multiple KSP versions, now downgraded to 1.6.1 to work with most of my mods.

Somewhere along the line, something happened with QuickHide - it now spawns a new set (with new id) of entries for installed mods every time there's a scene change, requiring manual update of the hide settings every time one switches from VAB to Flight and vice-versa.

Has anyone else encountered this?

QuickHide Config.txt content:

[moderator snip]

I'm encountering the same behavior (on 1.10.1).

QuickHide Config

Player.log

Edited by PocketBrotector

• 3 weeks later...

Minor issue with Quick Goto 1.4.0.8 on KSP 1.10.1. The sound is getting messed up when jumping to the VAB from other KSC buildings. It sometimes stops the music, with or without the fan noise continuing. Presently I hear the crickets from the KSC overview while inside the VAB. Exiting / reentering VAB with the standard red button restores normal sound. 

KSP log

player log

It also looks like Quick Exit induced a crash in Hanger Extender.

OK... bigger problem. Looks like Quick Start is causing an error in the VAB when there is no ship loaded: "screen position out of view frustum" every 30 seconds. 

Then I tried placing a root part and got a Unity null reference exception every time I tried. 

From KSP log:

[ERR 01:34:41.308] Screen position out of view frustum (screen pos 0.000000, 0.000000, 1000.000000) (Camera rect 0 0 256 256)

[ERR 01:34:41.309] Screen position out of view frustum (screen pos 256.000000, 0.000000, 1000.000000) (Camera rect 0 0 256 256)

[ERR 01:34:41.310] Screen position out of view frustum (screen pos 256.000000, 256.000000, 1000.000000) (Camera rect 0 0 256 256)

[ERR 01:34:41.311] Screen position out of view frustum (screen pos 0.000000, 256.000000, 1000.000000) (Camera rect 0 0 256 256)

[LOG 01:34:41.329] QuickStart(QPersistent)[2.20]: autoSaveShip: save
[EXC 01:35:00.410] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
	EditorLogic.OnPodSpawn (AvailablePart pod) (at <c1858a3f77504bd1aaa946fdccf84670>:0)
	EditorLogic.SpawnPart (AvailablePart partInfo) (at <c1858a3f77504bd1aaa946fdccf84670>:0)
	EditorLogic.OnPartListIconTap (AvailablePart p) (at <c1858a3f77504bd1aaa946fdccf84670>:0)
	KSP.UI.Screens.EditorPartList.TapIcon (AvailablePart part) (at <c1858a3f77504bd1aaa946fdccf84670>:0)
	KSP.UI.Screens.EditorPartIcon.MouseInput_SpawnPart () (at <c1858a3f77504bd1aaa946fdccf84670>:0)
	UnityEngine.Events.InvokableCall.Invoke () (at <5aeafee3fea24f37abd1315553f2cfa6>:0)
	UnityEngine.Events.UnityEvent.Invoke () (at <5aeafee3fea24f37abd1315553f2cfa6>:0)
	UnityEngine.UI.Button.Press () (at <99c70f3212f546f499a5c598b1663bb9>:0)
	UnityEngine.UI.Button.OnPointerClick (UnityEngine.EventSystems.PointerEventData eventData) (at <99c70f3212f546f499a5c598b1663bb9>:0)
	UnityEngine.EventSystems.ExecuteEvents.Execute (UnityEngine.EventSystems.IPointerClickHandler handler, UnityEngine.EventSystems.BaseEventData eventData) (at <99c70f3212f546f499a5c598b1663bb9>:0)
	UnityEngine.EventSystems.ExecuteEvents.Execute[T] (UnityEngine.GameObject target, UnityEngine.EventSystems.BaseEventData eventData, UnityEngine.EventSystems.ExecuteEvents+EventFunction`1[T1] functor) (at <99c70f3212f546f499a5c598b1663bb9>:0)
	UnityEngine.DebugLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)
	ModuleManager.UnityLogHandle.InterceptLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)
	UnityEngine.EventSystems.EventSystem:Update()

KSP log

player log

8 hours ago, Krazy1 said:

Looks like Quick Start is causing an error in the VAB when there is no ship loaded: "screen position out of view frustum" every 30 seconds. 

Then I tried placing a root part and got a Unity null reference exception every time I tried. 

So the null ref happens after you are in the VAB, and every time you try to place a new part?  what happens if you return to the space center and then back into the vab?

10 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

So the null ref happens after you are in the VAB, and every time you try to place a new part?

Yes it did on this occasion but it was typically working normally - no ERR or EXC. I have seen the "Screen position out of view frustum" a few times - only when no ship or part is placed and the same pattern occurs: 4  "frustum" messages every 30 seconds.  It does it maybe 5% of the time I'm in the VAB with no ship loaded. One time it was displaying the "frustum" error and was able to place a root part, which also stopped the "frustum" errors. The time I posted above was the first time I recall that it produced the null ref when I tried to place a part after "frustum" appeared.

10 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

what happens if you return to the space center and then back into the vab?

Didn't try that. I'll need to experiment some more.  Obviously hard because it's not consistent. 

Thanks for maintaining all these mods.

I am able to generate the "frustum" error consistently but so far no null ref followed. 

1. go to VAB or SPH (same behavior for both) 
  2. With no craft or part loaded, just wait 30+ seconds. The 4 "frustum" errors are shown every 30 seconds.
  3. place a part. Frustum error stops.
  4. Delete the part. Frustum error repeats every 30 sec. 
  5. Exit to KSC overview and re-enter VAB/ SPH does not affect this behavior

KSP log   player log

10 hours ago, Krazy1 said:

I am able to generate the "frustum" error consistently but so far no null ref followed. 

1. go to VAB or SPH (same behavior for both) 
  2. With no craft or part loaded, just wait 30+ seconds. The 4 "frustum" errors are shown every 30 seconds.
  3. place a part. Frustum error stops.
  4. Delete the part. Frustum error repeats every 30 sec. 
  5. Exit to KSC overview and re-enter VAB/ SPH does not affect this behavior

KSP log   player log

This sounds like a stock bug, have you tried this without QuickStart being loaded?

I'm trying to reproduce this, tried the following steps:

1. I started with a clean install, installed QuickStart with CKAN.
  2. Started and created a sandbox save, then exited
  3. Started again, went directly to VAB
  4. Waited 5 minutes, no errors showed up

2nd test

1. Started same install, went into the VAB, loaded a command pod, waited about 30 seconds to give QS time to make an auto-save-ship
  2. Exited the game by clicking the X in the upper right
  3. Started again, went directly to the VAB
  4. Auto-Saved Ship was loaded
  5. No errors

3rd test

1. Continuing from the 2nd test
  2. Clicked the "New" button
  3. Waited a couple of minutes
  4. Exited the game by clicking the X in the upper right
  5. Started again, went directly to the VAB
  6. The last Auto-Saved ship was loaded, again, no errors

4th test

1. Continuing from the end of #3
  2. Deleted the vessel.
  3. Returned to Space Center
  4. Returned to main menu & exited normally
  5. Restarted, went directly to VAB
  6. Auto-saved vessel was loaded, no errors

5th test

1. Continuing from #4
  2. Exited game
  3. Manually deleted the auto-saved craft file
  4. Restarted, went directly to VAB
  5. No errors

In order for me to spend more time on this, you need to start with a clean slate, and provide me with a set of specific steps I can follow to reproduce it.  I have seen it, but it's never been a problem for me, never looked into it.

16 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

In order for me to spend more time on this, you need to start with a clean slate, and provide me with a set of specific steps I can follow to reproduce it.  I have seen it, but it's never been a problem for me, never looked into it.

Thanks for trying so hard. I'll do a clean install and try again. Probably this weekend. It's usually not a problem so I certainly understand not wanting to spend too much time on it.  Just a guess, since it seems related to the camera view, maybe Hanger Extender is involved. I'll play with that too.