[1.12.x] Malah's Quick Mods - ZEROMINIAVC in new thread

linuxgurugamer

QuickExit 2.2.0.8 - Downloaded from spacedock just now, archive contains version 2.2.0.7
QuickGoTo 1.4.0.9 - Downloaded from spacedock just now, archive contains version 1.4.0.8

Edited by M443556

• 3 weeks later...

Hi, @linuxgurugamer

I just created a new copy of KSP 1.12.2 and had again the "Loading part upgrades" problem. All mods but kaboom installed with CKAN

Checked the miniAVC.dll and there where several copies installed

HBeeJJB.png

Somehow zeroMiniAVC is being blocked from doing its job.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/180ClEwJo9EgHQOl3xy6xmIkjWBZT-zV5/view?usp=sharing

1 hour ago, Tacombel said:

Hi, @linuxgurugamer

I just created a new copy of KSP 1.12.2 and had again the "Loading part upgrades" problem. All mods but kaboom installed with CKAN

HBeeJJB.png

https://drive.google.com/file/d/180ClEwJo9EgHQOl3xy6xmIkjWBZT-zV5/view?usp=sharing

You need to install the newest version of ZeroMiniAvc.

I’ll take a look at your log file later

Edited by linuxgurugamer

2 hours ago, Tacombel said:

Hi, @linuxgurugamer

HBeeJJB.png

You should manually remove all those MiniAVC.dll files for now.

It's possible that KSP 1.12.2 is actually blocking it from running, or the an error is happening before ZeroMiniAVC is installed.  I will be looking into it

Edit:  I've found part of the problem, KSP now only loads a single one of all installed.  Still not sure why it's running, but I'll get it fixed soon.  This is a top priority for me

Edited by linuxgurugamer

New release of ZeroMiniAVC, 1.1.1

• Fixed issue on 1.12.2 where KSP now checks for duplicate DLLs, and only runs the latest, which was run even after ZeroMiniAVC unloaded and pruned it
  • Added a dummy KSP-AVC dll which prevents the MiniAVC.dll assemblies from loading
  • Added search for all files named MiniAVC.dll and pruned them

5 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

New release of ZeroMiniAVC, 1.1.1

• Fixed issue on 1.12.2 where KSP now checks for duplicate DLLs, and only runs the latest, which was run even after ZeroMiniAVC unloaded and pruned it
  • Added a dummy KSP-AVC dll which prevents the MiniAVC.dll assemblies from loading
  • Added search for all files named MiniAVC.dll and pruned them

Are you finding that recently things are loaded that you think have been removed?

6 minutes ago, theJesuit said:

Are you finding that recently things are loaded that you think have been removed?

Not that, but I've had a number of reports that the MiniAVC.dll files weren't being removed, and if they were around, they would break the game.  I also found that even after ZeroMiniAVC unloaded a dll, that KSP was _still_ running it's initialization after ZeroMiniAVC was done.  This was part of the most recent code changes to KSP.  The new KSP code only loads 1 copy of any DLL, so the additional problem was that even though ZeroMiniAVC did successfully prune a MiniAVC.dll file, it could only do one (it was looking at all loaded assemblies).  So I had to fool the MiniAVCs to not load by having a dummy KSP-AVC assembly, and then just scanned for all MiniAVC.dll files and prune them.

I also had a problem with another mod, Hide Empty Tech Tree Nodes, which was getting a nullref and failing, thereby causing Tetrix to not load at all (very strange).  The author is aware and working on it

1 hour ago, GoAHead said:

@linuxgurugamer i think there a again duplicated files in your release. should there be 2 DLLs within the Pluginfolder?

ZeroMiniAVC.dll
KSP-AVC.dll

cause games doesn't load anymore. but after i deleted KSP-AVC.dll it works again

No.  Read my explanation.  Both files are necessary,

And if you are having a problem, PROVIDE A LOG FILE

Edited by linuxgurugamer

26 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

No.  Read my explanation.  Both files are necessary,

And if you are having a problem, PROVIDE A LOG FILE

no need for a logfile. i have solved the problem with deinstalling KSP AVC

3 hours ago, diamond-optic said:

I'm getting the same thing with 1.1.1 ..stuck on loading screen without loading progressing

Log: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Mdzi_wxrN19Faimqw8j2mdKK7A_845V3/view?usp=sharing

Player.log, please

The KSP.log doesn't show the same information as the Player.log, and doesn't show anything which I need

However, it does show the following, which has nothing to do with these mods:

ERR 20:50:53.485] Unknown error occurred while loading 'archive:/CAB-b167f8d5825672472b74b006369d849d/CAB-b167f8d5825672472b74b006369d849d'.

[ERR 20:50:53.485] The AssetBundle 'file://D:\Games\Kerbal Space Program - 1.12.2.3167\GameData\BDArmory\KSPedia\bdac ammunition.ksp' can't be loaded because it was not built with the right version or build target.

[ERR 20:50:53.485] Error while getting Asset Bundle: The AssetBundle 'file://D:\Games\Kerbal Space Program - 1.12.2.3167\GameData\BDArmory\KSPedia\bdac ammunition.ksp' can't be loaded because it was not built with the right version or build target.

[ERR 20:50:53.485] AssetLoader: Bundle is null

[ERR 20:50:53.538] The file can not be loaded because it was created for another build target that is not compatible with this platform.
Please make sure to build AssetBundles using the build target platform that it is used by.
File's Build target is: 6

Not saying this is the problem, but it IS a problem which I can't help with

Edited by linuxgurugamer

@linuxgurugamerHere are my logs. The thing is, when i uninstalled the Mod  "KSP AVC" everything loads well. This happens since the last update of Zero MiniAVC

BUT: i also tried to have a clean install only with those 2 mods (and their depencies) mentioned but it worked...?!

KSP Log => https://1drv.ms/u/s!Am0PDmGqv17_g8JTKx4CnfDP8w5ngw?e=5LGQ8Y

Player.log => https://1drv.ms/u/s!Am0PDmGqv17_g8JS9tnaGnutgR3tXg?e=6gvcGc

no big deal for me to keep KSP AVC uninstalled  cause i use  CKAN anyways

greets

2 hours ago, GoAHead said:

@linuxgurugamerHere are my logs. The thing is, when i uninstalled the Mod  "KSP AVC" everything loads well. This happens since the last update of Zero MiniAVC

BUT: i also tried to have a clean install only with those 2 mods (and their depencies) mentioned but it worked...?!

KSP Log => https://1drv.ms/u/s!Am0PDmGqv17_g8JTKx4CnfDP8w5ngw?e=5LGQ8Y

Player.log => https://1drv.ms/u/s!Am0PDmGqv17_g8JS9tnaGnutgR3tXg?e=6gvcGc

no big deal for me to keep KSP AVC uninstalled  cause i use  CKAN anyways

greets

Can you post a Player.log without KSP-AVC installed?  Whatever is going wrong, is preventing anything from being loaded properly.

It would be convenient if you could include both in a zip file, labeled appropriately

thanks

Edit:  Also, if you could, can you do the following:

1. Make a clean KSP 1.12.2 install
  2. Install KSP-AVC, ZeroMiniAVC & the WASDEditorKeys using CKAN
  3. Run a test, save the log
  4. If it failed, then remove KSP-AVC and run the test again, and save the log

So far, I'm nt having any issues with KSP-AVC and ZeroMiniAVC (with it's KSP-AVC dll) on 1.12.2, so need to be able to replicate the problem before I can fix it  This will help

Edited by linuxgurugamer

Thank you.  One more thing:  Can you export all your via CKAN into a .ckan file for me?  will make it easier to reproduce.

Oh, i found your problem.  You are running a VERY old version of KSP-AVC

The current version is 1.4.1.5, yours is so old the version isn't even listed correctly in the file, and is conflicting with the dummy KSP-AVC included in the ZeroMiniAVC mod

Edited by linuxgurugamer