[1.12.x] Malah's Quick Mods - ZEROMINIAVC in new thread

linuxgurugamer

21 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Player.log, please

The KSP.log doesn't show the same information as the Player.log, and doesn't show anything which I need

Ok, sorry about that.

It's still happening with 1.1.1.1 for me. I did some quick testing and for me it seems to be KSP-AVC and Craft Manager. If i disabled either one (and leave the other enabled) it seems to load fine. Leave them both enabled and it doesnt load.

Here is the logs from those 3 scenarios: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1OzSeSlCcCQiYxkwdK8fMz6Tf6612PQLS/view?usp=sharing

Not sure if that helps any or if I'm just plain wrong about that combo being the issue, but I honestly can do without KSP-AVC  and I probably won't be reinstalling it anyway once I get enough time to do a clean install.

21 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

However, it does show the following, which has nothing to do with these mods:

. . . . ...............

Not saying this is the problem, but it IS a problem which I can't help with

Yeah I just noticed that too.. I am overdue for a fresh install and dumping all the mods I dont use/need anymore so that probably needs to be done sooner than later.

5 hours ago, diamond-optic said:

Ok, sorry about that.

It's still happening with 1.1.1.1 for me. I did some quick testing and for me it seems to be KSP-AVC and Craft Manager. If i disabled either one (and leave the other enabled) it seems to load fine. Leave them both enabled and it doesnt load.

Here is the logs from those 3 scenarios: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1OzSeSlCcCQiYxkwdK8fMz6Tf6612PQLS/view?usp=sharing

Not sure if that helps any or if I'm just plain wrong about that combo being the issue, but I honestly can do without KSP-AVC  and I probably won't be reinstalling it anyway once I get enough time to do a clean install.

Yeah I just noticed that too.. I am overdue for a fresh install and dumping all the mods I dont use/need anymore so that probably needs to be done sooner than later.

i did a clean install with KSP-AVC ,Craft Manager and ZeroAVC (currend version and before) . it is loading.. so i guess there must be another mod causing this behaviour... as i'm playing with about ~250 mods installed this would be hard to find out :lol:

The problem is CraftManager.  It is using threads, which Unity really doesn't work well with.  In fact, he seems to be using some threading functions with coroutines, which will probably lead to a strange mix of code.

Also, because of the way the thread interact, it's quite possible it will work for some people and not others.  It's very subtle

Edited by linuxgurugamer

11 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

The problem is CraftManager.  It is using threads, which Unity really doesn't work well with.  In fact, he seems to be using some threading functions with coroutines, which will probably lead to a strange mix of code.

Also, because of the way the thread interact, it's quite possible it will work for some people and not others.  It's very subtle

Ahh gotcha. I appreciate the input.

If i need to choose between KSP-AVC and Craft Manager.. easy choice as I dont think I could stand not using craft manager anymore lol

You're probably tired of hearing about this.  I have the "loading part upgrades" problem.   KSP 1.12.2.    (Referencing the above conversation, removing CraftManager does not cure the problem).

I've narrowed it down to KerbalX API and Ship Manifest.  Removing both of those cures the problem; so does reverting ZeroMiniAVC from the latest v1.1.1.1 down to v1.1.0.2. 

Neither KXAPI or Ship Manifest have MiniAVC.dll.  All the MiniAVC.dll files in other mods have been pruned (i.e. MiniAVC.dll.pruned).

Running ZeroMiniAVC, KerbalX API and Ship Manifest in a pristine install of KSP 1.12.2 with no other mods works just fine.  :(

KSP.log

Player.log

Any way I can narrow it down further?  Any other thing you need from me to help diagnose it?

Any and all clues and/or help *greatly* appreciated.  Thanks!

7 hours ago, Tacombel said:

@linuxgurugamer

Quickstart

When starting the game, the option to select the last ship never changes

4Ea3dW4.png

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1th0UwSo7OxmZAqD3GJv7-PTCXj0cF2FC/view?usp=sharing

I don't understand.  If you wait too long, selecting the toggle won't work.  How long does your startup take, and when do you click it?

A video in this case may be helpful.

I didn't see anything in the log file 

31 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

I don't understand.  If you wait too long, selecting the toggle won't work.  How long does your startup take, and when do you click it?

A video in this case may be helpful.

I didn't see anything in the log file 

If I understand it correctly , in the option that I pictured there should appear the last ship used, but it never changes. It is always "Minmus Relay Polar B", independently of which ship I used last.

5 hours ago, Tacombel said:

If I understand it correctly , in the option that I pictured there should appear the last ship used, but it never changes. It is always "Minmus Relay Polar B", independently of which ship I used last.

No idea what is happening.  I would have to dig, but my understanding is that you had to have been with that ship last, when exiting the game.

9 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

No idea what is happening.  I would have to dig, but my understanding is that you had to have been with that ship last, when exiting the game.

That's it. It only works if you exit directly from the ship to the main menu. Then, next time you load the game, it automatically selects Last ship as default option, with the correct ship. So no bug.

Is there any reason why AVC inconsistently reports that two Quick mod updates are available despite CKAN showing that I already have them installed?   Is this a Quick mods .version issue or an AVC problem?

I started KSP 1.11.2 twice today.  The first time, AVC didn't report the issues.  The second time, it did.  Zero MiniAVC is installed.

4OuF5aN.jpg

oRNH2HA.jpg

Should I remove the mods via CKAN, manually delete these mods'  GameData directories, and reinstall?

Edited by Brigadier
Removed superfluous question and redundant word.

4 hours ago, Brigadier said:

Is there any reason why AVC inconsistently reports that two Quick mod updates are available despite CKAN showing that I already have them installed?   Is this a Quick mods .version issue or an AVC problem?

I started KSP 1.11.2 twice today.  The first time, AVC didn't report the issues.  The second time, it did.  Zero MiniAVC is installed.

4OuF5aN.jpg

oRNH2HA.jpg

Should I remove the mods via CKAN, manually delete these mods'  GameData directories, and reinstall?

Ignore it for now

I have had the loading part upgrades issue many times and solved it but now it happened again but this time I cant find which mod is causing the issue so should o just remove AVC entirely to cure the problem? I checked my logs already and nothing is useful: it looks like a normal loading except stoping and nit writing to the log any more.

2 minutes ago, Terminal Velocity said:

I have had the loading part upgrades issue many times and solved it but now it happened again but this time I cant find which mod is causing the issue so should o just remove AVC entirely to cure the problem? I checked my logs already and nothing is useful: it looks like a normal loading except stoping and nit writing to the log any more.

Install zeroMiniAVC. The problem is not AVC but miniAVC.dll

Edited by Tacombel

• 1 month later...
48 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

and that is a problem,  You need to delete one of them.

I installed Craft Manger with CKAN and it automatically installs KXAPI mod as a dependency. They're both straight from CKAN. I renamed the KatLib.dll to txt in KXAPI and then TweakScale gave a Houston error at launch. So I undid that and renamed the Katlib.dll under Craft Manager. That didn't give any launch errors. Maybe this is why I had some random Craft Manager problems. I suppose I'm not the only one if I had a normal install.

If ZeroMiniAVC has trouble deciding which dll to disable, then the normal user's going to have more trouble, it's going to be a lot of guesswork for which one needs to be deleted. That said, maybe developers can be nudged to include said dlls as a dependency, and not as an embed...

18 minutes ago, Grimmas said:

Doubtful. The developer of both of those mods is currently MIA.

I mean in general - embedded dependencies makes for a terrible time :P Probably not going to fix the issues you have with those two mods, but for others.

7 hours ago, Krazy1 said:

I installed Craft Manger with CKAN and it automatically installs KXAPI mod as a dependency. They're both straight from CKAN. I renamed the KatLib.dll to txt in KXAPI and then TweakScale gave a Houston error at launch. So I undid that and renamed the Katlib.dll under Craft Manager. That didn't give any launch errors. Maybe this is why I had some random Craft Manager problems. I suppose I'm not the only one if I had a normal install.

This is a problem with some new code in KSP for 1.12.2.

If ZeroMiniAVC is identifying both of them, then they are actually the same, just in different locations.  As such, you can remove one.  Renaming isn't a good idea, since there will now be duplicated classes in the game.

Since there may be an embedded dependency, it would be best to remove the second one, so that the first one will get loaded in it's normal time.

6 hours ago, Tivec said:

If ZeroMiniAVC has trouble deciding which dll to disable, then the normal user's going to have more trouble, it's going to be a lot of guesswork for which one needs to be deleted. That said, maybe developers can be nudged to include said dlls as a dependency, and not as an embed...

ZeroMiniAVC isn't suggesting which to delete on purpose.  Nor can it do the deletion on it's own (that would be a BAD idea).

However, I wrote that code a while ago,  and based on experience, I'd suggest deleting the second, not the first.

3 hours ago, Tacombel said:

@linuxgurugamer

zero Mini AVC is also detecting for me two sets of duplicated dlls, the already mentioned katlib.dll and also CLSInterfaces.dll, but I am having no problems, that I know. Would it be wiser to leave things alone if it is working?

As I said above, delete the second.

Embedded dependencies can be ok, as long as they always go in the same location.  That way you don't end up with two copies The problems which this detects is caused by the identical DLL being installed in different locations.

I'll add a comment to the dialog as to which is suggested to delete (or keep, will see how it works out)