[1.12.x] Malah's Quick Mods - ZEROMINIAVC in new thread

linuxgurugamer

1 hour ago, epicpupster239 said:

bruh this mod broke my ckan :(

attempting to uninstall locks up the window so i have to close it via task manger, and clicking the "apply changes" donks it even harder, throwing error messages and closing the window

Ummm, which mod?  This thread talks about a number of mods.

If you are talking about ZeroMiniAVC, most likely CKAN is busy figuring out which other mods depend on it, because they will all need to be removed.

If you feel a need to remove it, then just do it manually

I'm working on a big change to ZeroMiniAVC, development thread is here:

Also, ZeroMiniAVC will eventually be broken out into it's own thread

Edited by linuxgurugamer

On 11/15/2022 at 6:29 PM, linuxgurugamer said:

Ummm, which mod?  This thread talks about a number of mods.

If you are talking about ZeroMiniAVC, most likely CKAN is busy figuring out which other mods depend on it, because they will all need to be removed.

If you feel a need to remove it, then just do it manually

I'm working on a big change to ZeroMiniAVC, development thread is here:

Also, ZeroMiniAVC will eventually be broken out into it's own thread

It takes some finagling in order to remove Zero MiniAVC and stop ckan from crashing 

14 hours ago, Clayel said:

t takes some finagling in order to remove Zero MiniAVC and stop ckan from crashing 

Update to the latest version of CKAN.

I really don't understand the problem you are having, CKAN doesn't crash, but older versions would have appeared to hang while it resolved all the internal dependencies when you tried to remove ZeroMiniAVC.

22 hours ago, Gordon Dry said:

@linuxgurugamer I guess you "just"need to remove (or tell the CKAN guys to remove) the CKAN dependency-chaining of ClickThroughBlocker and ToolbarController to ZeroMiniAVC to avoid that chain reaction.

I can't, because there are people who still install mods by hand and with older versions of CKAN.

I added the ZeroMiniAVC dependency back when the upgraded version of Unity caused MiniAVC to break the game, badly.  Due to that, and due to the fact that we have no control over how people install mods, my hands are somewhat tied at this point.  

Anyone using the newest version of CKAN can easily have CKAN do what ZeroMiniAVC does by following the instructions above.  It really is the best solution, but once I release the next version of ZeroMiniAVC, the problem discussed earlier about deleting DLLs at runtime will be solved as well for those who continue to leave it installed.

Frankly, IMHO, it would be best to leave ZeroMiniAVC installed since CKAN has no control over installs, if someine installs an older mod with MiniAVC installed, the game will break since CKAN will not have removed the MiniAVC.dll.  Having ZeroMiniAVC installed is really a minimal overhead (less than 1/10 of a second) and protects the game from issues like that

Speaking of ZeroMiniAVC, I have a beta out which I need tested by as many people as possible.  Sadly, only one person has done so

Edited by linuxgurugamer

Alternatively, if all ZMAVC does is rename  DLLs  any unix user could do the same with a one line script calling

find . -iname blah.dll -exec mv \{} \{}.pruned \;

(not working/tested, but something like that) and it can't be much harder on windows, the same really if you have POSIX windows stuff installed

50 minutes ago, darthgently said:

Alternatively, if all ZMAVC does is rename  DLLs  any unix user could do the same with a one line script calling

find . -iname blah.dll -exec mv \{} \{}.pruned \;

(not working/tested, but something like that) and it can't be much harder on windows, the same really if you have POSIX windows stuff installed

Most people aren't Unix users :D   
KSP doesn't run on Unix :D  it runs on Linux
Most Windows people these days aren't that comfortable with command line stuff :D 

Most Windows people just have the standard Windows install :D 

FYI, your command is mostly correct, although more correctly it would be:

find . -iname blah.dll -exec mv {} {}.pruned \; 
Note:  There should be  a trailing space after the semicolon at the end

1 hour ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Most people aren't Unix users :D   
KSP doesn't run on Unix :D  it runs on Linux
Most Windows people these days aren't that comfortable with command line stuff :D 

Most Windows people just have the standard Windows install :D 

FYI, your command is mostly correct, although more correctly it would be:

find . -iname blah.dll -exec mv {} {}.pruned \; 
Note:  There should be  a trailing space after the semicolon at the end

Sure. Was just throwing the concept out with the details as an exercise for the reader.  Now you went and ruined all their fun and they will have to do a crossword instead

Fwiw, I've always used the backslashes before braces and it works.  I think it may have started when it was in quotes in a script or something

5 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Update to the latest version of CKAN.

I really don't understand the problem you are having, CKAN doesn't crash, but older versions would have appeared to hang while it resolved all the internal dependencies when you tried to remove ZeroMiniAVC.

I did this yesterday, but every time I unchecked Zero MiniAVC from the "installed" category, the application would stop responding. It was only for this mod as well

52 minutes ago, Clayel said:

I did this yesterday, but every time I unchecked Zero MiniAVC from the "installed" category, the application would stop responding. It was only for this mod as well

Ah, so it's a CKAN issue.

Suggestion:  After downloading and installing zerominiavc, either remove it by hand, or try replacing it with the beta I made available here: 

The new beta fixes the issues which were happening, so you could just ignore the AVC settings in CKAN and just let things run, after the first run, there won't be any MiniAVC.dll files anymore

ZeroMiniAVC has been split off into it's own thread.  This will be the final release notice for it in this thread

New ZeroMiniAVC release, 1.1.3.2

• Added code to search for all files matching lowercase miniavc.dll for Mac and Linux systems
  • Changed countdown from 15 to 30 seconds
  • Added code to search for leftover MiniAVC.dll files and prune them
  • Added code to exit the game (and restart) if any DLLs are renamed
  • Added window to give a 15 second windows to show what's going on
  • Added new restart option to settings to control if game should restart or not
    • Note:  If restarting, the option "-single-instance" will be stripped from the command line arguments, otherwise KSP itself will not allow a restart
  • Added log.cs for local log control
  • Added logging to <GAMEDIR>/Log/ZeroMiniAVC.log

New thread is here:

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, XD229 said:

@linuxgurugamerNot a huge deal, but the .version file for QuickExit was not updated in the newest release (it still says 2.2.0.7 instead of the correct 2.2.0.8), so AVC complains every time the game is started that there is a newer version available since it thinks 2.2.0.7 is installed.

Thanks, I'll get that fixed.

Interestingly enough, it was updated in the code (just checked), have to figure out why it didn't get out

Edited by linuxgurugamer

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 1/24/2022 at 7:24 PM, NomenNescio said:

I'm having an issue with QuickHide having way too many entries in the menu, as in the mods I have appear on the list again and again. Another issue (which is possibly related) is that when I unset a mod to "Can be hidden", i.e. leaving it on the list when one clicks the "Hide" button, it doesn't seem to save the setting at all. Once I switch from the craft to the Space Center, or revert the flight, or even go from Space Center to VAB, every button go back to being hidden. When I then look in the menu (assuming I've unset every instance of the same mod on the list) and check, the instances of the mods lover down are still not set to "Can be hidden" but the ones at the top of the list have reset themselves.

EDIT: I have discovered that after installing the mod it has only the mods for the space center on the list. As you go through the VAB, the SPH, the launch pad, and the tracking station it adds the buttons for those four to the list even if they're already there. Which does explain the multiple instances, but not the resetting settings.

2nd EDIT: I've discovered that every single time it loads up a scenario with the toolbar present, the mod re-adds the elements of the toolbar to the list. I can keep changing settings all I want, but because it keeps assigning new ID's to every toolbar button the settings will never be applied.

I am also encountering this problem, why have the "Can be hidden" buttons if they don't do anything at all?

EDIT: Where is the "Player.log" needed to investigate?

Edited by CatShadow
Add another question

I'll take a look at QuickHide.  This is a very old mod, and not used that often, so hasn't gotten much attention from me.  @NomenNesciodidn't respond after my questions, which is why I didn't pursue it.  He also didn't provide a log file

4 hours ago, CatShadow said:

I am also encountering this problem, why have the "Can be hidden" buttons if they don't do anything at all?

EDIT: Where is the "Player.log" needed to investigate?

Read this BEFORE asking for supporthttp://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/83212-how-to-get-support-read-first/

Please provide the log files, as well as a specific set of steps to reproduce this.  Apparently I did look into it back when @NomenNescio reported it and was unable to reproduce it at that time.

Release 3.3.0.11 fixed it! Now QuickHide remembers and is consistent about what mod to hide on every scene.

Wow, I'm very impressed. Looking at a very old mod, releasing a patch one hour later? You're the man! Anyway, thank you very much!

• 5 weeks later...

Hi

I'm getting this exception with QuickSearch:

[EXC 19:10:45.468] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
	QuickSearch.QEditor.get_isReady () (at <23afdd35ee634f9f99de0f802d07f9b3>:0)
	QuickSearch.QEditor.LateUpdate () (at <23afdd35ee634f9f99de0f802d07f9b3>:0)
	UnityEngine.DebugLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)
	ModuleManager.UnityLogHandle.InterceptLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)
	UnityEngine.Debug:CallOverridenDebugHandler(Exception, Object)

KSP.log

Also, it seems the .version is incorrect as it's listed on ckan as version 3.3.1 but the .version file still says 3.3.0.9

4 hours ago, UltraJohn said:

Hi

I'm getting this exception with QuickSearch:

[EXC 19:10:45.468] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
	QuickSearch.QEditor.get_isReady () (at <23afdd35ee634f9f99de0f802d07f9b3>:0)
	QuickSearch.QEditor.LateUpdate () (at <23afdd35ee634f9f99de0f802d07f9b3>:0)
	UnityEngine.DebugLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)
	ModuleManager.UnityLogHandle.InterceptLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)
	UnityEngine.Debug:CallOverridenDebugHandler(Exception, Object)

KSP.log

Also, it seems the .version is incorrect as it's listed on ckan as version 3.3.1 but the .version file still says 3.3.0.9

First, I'd prefer the Player.log

Second, it doesn't seem to be a problem, I only see a single entry, and that's when the scene was changing from Editor to SpaceCenter.  

Third, I'll look at the version file, but this doesn't seem to be an issue I need to deal with

LGG