[1.12.x] Malah's Quick Mods - ZEROMINIAVC in new thread

linuxgurugamer

4 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

All of you are running out-of-date mods.  That issue was fixed, please update

It's a CKAN install. Shows v 2.2.0.2 which matches the github release.

edit: I looked in the player.log and see why you would think that. Perhaps the wrong version made it into the release?

Edited by leatherneck6017
add info

8 minutes ago, leatherneck6017 said:

It's a CKAN install. Shows v 2.2.0.2 which matches the github release.

edit: I looked in the player.log and see why you would think that. Perhaps the wrong version made it into the release?

Well, I just installed all of them via CKAN, and none of them showed any errors.

Please uninstall, refresh CKAN and install them again

6 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Please uninstall, refresh CKAN and install them again

Just did it, still get the error. I'll note that if you use QS to bypass the main menu (i.e. go straight to VAB, etc.) you won't see the message. If you disable QS and let it load like normal, that's when you'll get it.

53 minutes ago, leatherneck6017 said:

Just did it, still get the error. I'll note that if you use QS to bypass the main menu (i.e. go straight to VAB, etc.) you won't see the message. If you disable QS and let it load like normal, that's when you'll get it.

Hmmm.  I just had it happen, but I have no idea why.  Somehow the wrong files got uploaded.

I'll bump the versions and get out new files in a bit

10 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Ok, all files have been updated with new version and a total rebuild.

Please try it out and let me know how it goes

Tried first with the CKAN updated version, no luck. Uninstalled via CKAN, went to github and grabbed QS directly from there and did a manual install. Same results, and the player.log still shows the dll as version 2.1.7.0.

1 hour ago, leatherneck6017 said:

Tried first with the CKAN updated version, no luck. Uninstalled via CKAN, went to github and grabbed QS directly from there and did a manual install. Same results, and the player.log still shows the dll as version 2.1.7.0.

Did you get the InstallChecker dialog this time?

Ok, I think I see what happened.  Please confirm that you did NOT get the InstallChecker dialog.

These quickmods are set up in a non-standard manner, and for some reason, there were two .versono files for each mod.  The correct one (in the individual mod's directory) was updated properly, but the one that was being referenced was not.

I've removed the bad files and updated the references, but will hold off on doing another release until you can confirm that question about the InstallChecker.

27 minutes ago, leatherneck6017 said:

Yes, same one.

This doesn't make sense.  I downloaded the zip from github, installed it, and while the dll version was wrong, I didn't get the InstallChecker message.

Are you sure you removed the old one first?

Duh.  Figured it out, will be putting a download link for Quickstart here for you to test in a few minutes

Edited by linuxgurugamer

19 minutes ago, leatherneck6017 said:

@linuxgurugamer Sorry to report that QuickGoTo has the same issue. Even after a manual install from github.

The good news is that I was able to replicate it, and ran the same tests on all the others, which didn't have any issue.

Update for QuickGoTo this evening

Hi, ZeroMiniAVC 1.1.0 is marked as compatible with 1.7.x in CKAN. That does not seem right as it is a 1.8 recompile. Starting a 1.7.3 install with that version results in a loading error:

[ERR 14:34:10.691] ADDON BINDER: Cannot resolve assembly: UnityEngine.CoreModule, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null
[ERR 14:34:10.691] ADDON BINDER: Cannot resolve assembly: UnityEngine.CoreModule, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null
[ERR 14:34:10.693] AssemblyLoader: Exception loading 'ZeroMiniAVC': System.Reflection.ReflectionTypeLoadException: The classes in the module cannot be loaded.
  at (wrapper managed-to-native) System.Reflection.Assembly:GetTypes (bool)
  at System.Reflection.Assembly.GetTypes () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at AssemblyLoader.LoadAssemblies () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
Additional information about this exception:
 System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'UnityEngine.CoreModule, Version=0.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' or one of its dependencies.
File name: 'UnityEngine.CoreModule, Version=0.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'
 System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'UnityEngine.CoreModule, Version=0.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' or one of its dependencies.
File name: 'UnityEngine.CoreModule, Version=0.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'

feature request:
A timer somewhere in the corner of the loading screen as addition to the quickstart.
It is not relate to the main feature of the mod, but the mod already have some GUI on the loading screen, so it's nice place for that feature.

1 hour ago, flart said:

feature request:
A timer somewhere in the corner of the loading screen as addition to the quickstart.
It is not relate to the main feature of the mod, but the mod already have some GUI on the loading screen, so it's nice place for that feature.

A timer for what? Counting up or counting down? Why do you need this?

5 hours ago, flart said:

counting up. To know how many time it takes to load

37 minutes ago, zer0Kerbal said:

although the total load time is provided in KSP.log; I would love to see this implemented as well.

Add a github issue, or, even better (optional) do a PR

6 hours ago, flart said:

I have made a PR, https://github.com/linuxgurugamer/QuickMods/pull/4
Can someone test that radiobuttons looks ok also on a 4K display: https://www.dropbox.com/s/e8jd2qnw1erm2q1/QuickStart_StopWatch.zip?dl=0 (ksp 1.8.1)

I saw the PR, thanks.  The one thing I don't like is that the buttons now are left-justified, instead of being evenly spaced along the bottom.  Could you fix that, please?

New release for Quickstart, 2.2.0.5

• Thanks to @yalov for this:
    • Added stopwatch, lower oneliner, ignore missions
  • Translated "Add a stopwatch" to french for the french translation
  • Added a GUI.Dragwindow to the settings window so it can be moved around.
  • Fixed a couple of typoes