[1.12.x] Malah's Quick Mods - ZEROMINIAVC in new thread

linuxgurugamer

5 hours ago, 4x4cheesecake said:

Now it's working and the search history window is in  the correct position when I'm using QuickSearch on a clean install. When I've tried to use it on my "regular" install along with some other mods, the window position is shifted to the left

on your regular install, check for extra DLLs, I wonder if you have an old one there somewhere.  You can look into the log file for clues

I'm always deleting the old versions so get no dublicates. CHecked it anyway but nothing to find. I've also tried to start a new careergame but the history window keeps beeing shifted to the left.

The logs are looking fine for me (also no dublicated .dlls in the mod list), take a look if you want: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/msup2h0r760zfsp/AAA8aAWsRE7ja6l-76iRR3Nla?dl=0

I'm going to do some test in the latest version now :)

(Unfortunately I had to pause my testing but I want to share some results with you)

Tested on a fresh install, KSP version 1.4.3, mod version 1.3.2.6

QuickBrake:

• editor -> launch -> revert launch/edit makes the mod icon visible in editor and flight scene, applies input lock when clicked (can be unlocked by clicking again), settingswindow does not open (it does while at KSC, like intended)
  • same happens due following scene switches: editor -> launch->KSC, editor -> launch -> Trackingstation, KSC -> Trackingstation -> flightscene (by using the "fly" option on a vessel)
  • enabled "Break at control loss" causes the brake actiongroup to be enabled for the Kerbal on EVA but this doesn't have any negative effects on gameplay

QuickContract:

• Works fine

QuickCurserHide:

• Well, my game crashed once after hitting F2 multiple times in pause menu and revert the active vessel but I wasn't able to replicate this so i guess thats not related. (Crash log says memory access violation)
  • Nothing else, works fine

QuickExit:

• NRE when changing the settings while in main menu (happens only when it's a fresh started game. After loading a savegame and return to main menu, the NRE doesn't show up. Changes in mod settings still apply)

QuickFineControl:

• Works fine

QuickGoTo:

• actually stable, haven't expect that^^ (can not replicate your crash or create any error, trested for over 1 hour)
  • Just "GoTo last vessel" has problems do identify the "last vessel" correctly.  (fresh started game) KSC - goto ts - click vessel A and "fly" - goto sc - goto last vessel -> vessel A (thats correct so far) - goto ts - click vessel B and "fly" - goto sc - goto last vessel -> vessel A (thats wrong) - goto sc - goto last vessel -> vessel B (also wrong) [this is the only pattern which allows me to replicate this bug consistently. I've tried many other scene switches and the result appears to be kind of random.]

QuickHide(+QuickExit and QuickGoto)

• Settings window is messed up. The list of mod (icons) doesn't contain the mod name but "ToolbarControl-212200", "ToolbarControl-205364" and four "QuickGoto-numbers".
  • activate QuickHide while in editor and launching a vessel causes the icons of QuickExit and ToolbarControl to reappear, even though QuickHide is still active.
  • Returning to main menu while QuickHide is active causes the icons of ToolbarControl and QuickExit to be visible in the top right corner

Well, thats all for today. Not quiet sure when I have time for the other mods to test.

Logs and a screenshot of the QuickHide settings window: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/kal861x41e33bbz/AAC93rWb7QBucI6IbE2-TlrUa?dl=0

6 minutes ago, 4x4cheesecake said:

Settings window is messed up. The list of mod (icons) doesn't contain the mod name but "ToolbarControl-212200", "ToolbarControl-205364" and four "QuickGoto-numbers".

That's a side effect of using the ToolbarController.  I haven't yet figured out a good way to get the correct data.

9 minutes ago, 4x4cheesecake said:

QuickBrake:

• editor -> launch -> revert launch/edit makes the mod icon visible in editor and flight scene, applies input lock when clicked (can be unlocked by clicking again), settingswindow does not open (it does while at KSC, like intended)

I need to fix the input lock problem

Once I fix the input lock problem for QuickBrake, I'll be doing a release, since all of them are now working as well as, if not better than, the previous version.

New beta:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/0vqa5f8pokhlusq/QuickMods-1.3.2.7-Beta.zip?dl=0

This fixes the buttons showing up sporadically, and also fixes the QuickHide dialog, should now be using the mod names as registered with the ToolbarController.

There is still a problem with the QuickHide dialog and mods which do NOT use the ToolbarController, I'll get that fixed tomorrow night

I finally had the time to continue the tests.

I've loaded your latest beta (1.3.2.7) and a did a quick test for the bugs I've already reported to you and continued with a full test for the remaining mods.

QuickBrake

• Works fine

QuickContract

• Works fine

QuickCurserHide

• Works fine

QuickExit

• Still getting an NRE while changing the settings in the main menu (only fresh start, not after returning from a running game). Since the changes still apply, I would rate this as a minor issue.

QuickFineControl

• Works fine

QuickGoto

• GoTo last vessel is still no working correctly, like descriped before.

QuickHide (+QuickGoto, QuickExit)

• Name of "QuickGoTo" is not displayed in QuickHide settings window even though, options are available (screenshot available).
  • Switching to a flight scene while mod icons are hidden causes some of them to reappear (in this case, ToolbarControl and QuickExit become visible(and usable), QuickGoTo stays hidden). The icons stay visible until QuickHide is reactivated again.
  • Everytime the scene is switched, some entrys in QuickHide settings window are dublicated. (screenshot available).
  • Return to main menu while icons are hidden causes some of them to become visible (and usable) in the top right corner (in this case: ToolbarControl and QuickExit)

QuickIVA

• "Recover" shortcut does not respect the game rules. A vessel can be recovered even though it is moving really fast on the surface (stock recover option not available)
  • UI is visible even though it is disabled in the QuickIVA settings. UI becomes invisible after changing to map view,switch to third-person view or pause the game.
  • "Enable automatic IVA" is now disabled by default, this was enabled before.

QuickMute

• Master volume slider is available now, but...
  • Position of the mod icon and the slider don't aligne correctly when the mod icon is moved during a scene switch. The slider appears above the old icon position and "jumps" to his correct position as soon as the curser is moved away from the icon (screenshots available).

QuickRevert

• Well, I've tried to simulate a game crash by killing the task via windows task manager but I'm not quiet sure if this is accurate. Revert function is not restored after this (same when using alt + F4).

QuickSAS

• Works fine (but...)
  • Warp to  maneuver node does not work while the Est. Burn shows "n/a" and "warp to 15 sec before the 1/2 burntime" is active but i guess there is nothing you can do without implementing a burn time calculation. I don't really get it why this "n/a" bug is still in the game.

QuickSearch

• Works fine (thanks for secondary sort by name :) )

QuickStart

• Works fine

Running the whole bundle

• Dublication of entries in QuickHide settings. NOT affected are the entries for QuickExit and ToolbarController (screenshots available).
  • QuickSearch icon is visible in flight scene and cannot be hidden by QuickHide
  • QuickExit, QuickMute and ToolbarControl icons become visible when switching to flight scene, even though QuickHide is active (same as before + QuickMute since QuickMute wasn't installed during the first test)
  • Returning to main menu while QuickHide is active casues the icons for ToolbarControl, QuickMute, QuickExit and QuickSearch to appear in the top right corner.

Logs, screenshots: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/5qnqf6hw7adecm8/AAB47jmRQLuFrSx214RQN7oFa?dl=0

4 hours ago, 4x4cheesecake said:

I finally had the time to continue the tests.

I've loaded your latest beta (1.3.2.7) and a did a quick test for the bugs I've already reported to you and continued with a full test for the remaining mods.

QuickBrake

• Works fine

QuickContract

• Works fine

QuickCurserHide

• Works fine

QuickExit

• Still getting an NRE while changing the settings in the main menu (only fresh start, not after returning from a running game). Since the changes still apply, I would rate this as a minor issue.

QuickFineControl

• Works fine

QuickGoto

• GoTo last vessel is still no working correctly, like descriped before.

QuickHide (+QuickGoto, QuickExit)

• Name of "QuickGoTo" is not displayed in QuickHide settings window even though, options are available (screenshot available).
  • Switching to a flight scene while mod icons are hidden causes some of them to reappear (in this case, ToolbarControl and QuickExit become visible(and usable), QuickGoTo stays hidden). The icons stay visible until QuickHide is reactivated again.
  • Everytime the scene is switched, some entrys in QuickHide settings window are dublicated. (screenshot available).
  • Return to main menu while icons are hidden causes some of them to become visible (and usable) in the top right corner (in this case: ToolbarControl and QuickExit)

QuickIVA

• "Recover" shortcut does not respect the game rules. A vessel can be recovered even though it is moving really fast on the surface (stock recover option not available)
  • UI is visible even though it is disabled in the QuickIVA settings. UI becomes invisible after changing to map view,switch to third-person view or pause the game.
  • "Enable automatic IVA" is now disabled by default, this was enabled before.

QuickMute

• Master volume slider is available now, but...
  • Position of the mod icon and the slider don't aligne correctly when the mod icon is moved during a scene switch. The slider appears above the old icon position and "jumps" to his correct position as soon as the curser is moved away from the icon (screenshots available).

QuickRevert

• Well, I've tried to simulate a game crash by killing the task via windows task manager but I'm not quiet sure if this is accurate. Revert function is not restored after this (same when using alt + F4).

QuickSAS

• Works fine (but...)
  • Warp to  maneuver node does not work while the Est. Burn shows "n/a" and "warp to 15 sec before the 1/2 burntime" is active but i guess there is nothing you can do without implementing a burn time calculation. I don't really get it why this "n/a" bug is still in the game.

QuickSearch

• Works fine (thanks for secondary sort by name :) )

QuickStart

• Works fine

Running the whole bundle

• Dublication of entries in QuickHide settings. NOT affected are the entries for QuickExit and ToolbarController (screenshots available).
  • QuickSearch icon is visible in flight scene and cannot be hidden by QuickHide
  • QuickExit, QuickMute and ToolbarControl icons become visible when switching to flight scene, even though QuickHide is active (same as before + QuickMute since QuickMute wasn't installed during the first test)
  • Returning to main menu while QuickHide is active casues the icons for ToolbarControl, QuickMute, QuickExit and QuickSearch to appear in the top right corner.

Logs, screenshots: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/5qnqf6hw7adecm8/AAB47jmRQLuFrSx214RQN7oFa?dl=0

I'll review this later, but for now, I've released it since functionally it's as good or better than the version for 1.3.1

Some of what you mentioned is fixed in the release, I'll have to review it all during the week.  Feel free to retest on the release version.  I'd like to concentrate on one or two at a time, rather than the whole shebang

Well, I would consider most of the issues as minor, except for the QuickHide settings window. I'll definitly take a look at the release version (I actually want to use some of these mods). I guess I'm not going to do a full blown test for all of them again but a check up for the known bugs is totally doable :)

• 4 weeks later...

New release, 1.3.3.1

• QuickStart, version 2.1.6, Fixed bug where setting it to pause when going to last vessel would actually display the pause menu, but it wouldn't be shown because the game was paused before it was ready to display. Added tic count to wait 2.05 seconds(110 tics) before showing the pause menu
  • QuickGoTo, version 1.3.5, Potential fix for crash when using quickgoto to go from flight to editor.  This is an intermittent error, so I'm not sure it's fixed

9 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

New release, QuickSearch, 3.2.1.1

• Commented out a line which was spamming the log for one person

I admit it, I was that 'one person' :cool:.  Thanks, LGG.

Edit 1 - QS 3.2.1.1 installed via CKAN.  The console/log is no longer spammed, but when there is an active search, i.e. when there's text in the search box and a search conducted, the lag in the R&D remains.  In fact, I can move the R&D screen only with considerable cursor movement.  It occurs only when a search is active, whether the search returned a result or not.  When I clear the search box with the 'X', the lag disappears.  There are no console/log entries indicating a problem and there's no lag in the VAB.  In other words, the log spam was not the cause of my issue.

Edit 2 - Well, with absolutely no change in the game since the last report (same game, same session), 6 hours later the problem seems to be gone.  No idea.  I will see if I can reproduce the problem again tomorrow.

Edited by Brigadier

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/9/2018 at 2:45 PM, linuxgurugamer said:

New release, 1.3.3.2

• Added ZeroMiniAVC

First, thank you for the work you put into these mods and all the other mods you've revived!

Just a reminder that the original post still says ZeroMiniAVC is not yet updated.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...