[1.12.x] Malah's Quick Mods - ZEROMINIAVC in new thread

linuxgurugamer

@Malah wrote these mods, each of which does one thing well.  He left, and passed the baton to me.  The original thread is here, please look at it for detailed instructions: https://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/85834-130-malahs-quick-mods-20170531/

Source: https://github.com/linuxgurugamer/QuickMods

Licence information:

gplv3-88x31.png

GPL v3

Important update for ZeroMiniAVC for KSP 1.12.2

• A change to KSP caused ZeroMiniAVC to not work properly on KSP 1.12.2.  This will be a problem if you install an older mod which still has the MiniAVC.dll isntalled
  • Fixed issue on 1.12.2 where KSP now checks for duplicate DLLs, and only runs the latest, which was run even after ZeroMiniAVC unloaded and pruned it
  • Added a dummy KSP-AVC dll which prevents the MiniAVC.dll assemblies from loading
  • Added search for all files named MiniAVC.dll and pruned them

https://spacedock.info/mod/1614/ZeroMiniAVC

New Dependencies

All the mods are included in a single zip file for the beta.  You need to download and install the dependencies separately from the mod itself

Release

CKAN has been updated with the new dependencies

From the original post:

Malah's Quick mods are very small plugins which add a small feature

You can download all of my mods on SpaceDock, on GitHub.
These modlets are compatible with KSP-AVC, Toolbar and the stock localisation (localize in English and French).
All my mods can be installed with CKAN.

Released:

• QuickBrake : Brake your vessel at launch
  • QuickSearch: Enhanced the editor part search and add a part search on the tech tree
  • QuickStart : Start your last savegame after the loading
  • QuickGoTo : Go to an other scene from anywhere
  • QuickRevert : Revert keeper
  • QuickContracts: Keyboard's shortcuts for Mission Control
  • QuickSAS : Moar keyboard shortcuts for the SAS
  • QuickHide: Hide the stock toolbar and the stages
  • QuickExit: Exit everywhere
  • QuickMute: Mute all sounds
  • QuickIVA : Go to IVA at the loading or the launch of a vessel
  • QuickFineControl : Toggle the precision control at the load of a vessel
  • QuickCursorHider: Hide the cursor when you push on F2 in flight
  • ZeroMiniAVC: Delete/Prune/Disable all MiniAVC

Brief Instructions

First, for some of the buttons, right-click will bring up the settings, others just left click does:

The following buttons bring up their settings page when left-clicked:

• QuickSAS
  • QuickRevert
  • QuickIVA
  • QuickBrake
  • QuickSearch
  • QuickContracts (only in Mission Control).  Right-click also works for this button

The following button brings up a dialog in which is a settings button:

• QuickExit

The following buttons uses a right-click to bring up the settings page:

• QuickHide

The following button uses the mouse scroll wheel when the mouse is over the button.

• QuickMute, clicking the button also brings up an image in the middle of the screen to show the current volume setting

The following Quick mods don't have buttons:

• QuickCursorHider
  • QuickFineControl
  • QuickStart
  • ZeroMiniAVC

Extended Instructions for QuickSearch

QuickSearch is a small plugin which adds an extension to the part search function on the editor, it also adds a part search on the tech tree.

What is the search extension?

By default, the search extension is enabled, and with it you can:

• search with regex /ab/,
  • make a AND a&b,
  • make a OR a|b,
  • make a NOT !a,
  • search a word begin (ab or "ab,
  • search a word end ab) or ab",
  • search a word (ab) or "ab",
  • search only the tag %ab,
  • search only the name ;ab,
  • search only the title :ab,
  • search only the description -ab,
  • search only the author ,ab,
  • search only the manufacturer ?ab,
  • search only the part size .ab,
  • search only the resources +ab,
  • search only the tech required @ab,
  • search only the module _ab,

a and b are the search example, all the shortcut can be edited on the config file. At this time, you can only cumulate AND, OR, NOT, words begin/end/full, but not with others shortcut.

Edited by linuxgurugamer

Since this is a Beta release, just a quick feedback of issues I have noticed so far:

• Several Exceptions while launching the game
  • QuickHide doesn't bring back some icons (for example Haystack icon)
  • After using QuickHide while at KSC scene, stock icons on the left (to enter building) are missing, clicking on buildings does nothing (cannot enter or upgrade), also the pause menu no longer shows up (ESC on keyboard and "Pause Game" button at the top right corner does nothing). Same issues just after starting the game, switching the scenes fix it until QuickHide is used.
  • I dont know what "GoTo Lves" should do but it brings up a random flightscene of one of my vessels (mun rover, ComNet relay, flags...)
  • Using QuickHide in editor doesn't bringt back some icons like RCSBuildAid, ActionGoupsExtended and CraftOrganizer (CraftOrganizer is avaibale again after clicking the Hide button 4 times but RCSBuildAid and AGX will never show up again) AGX still available using the "Actions" button in the editor.
  • Some Toolbar icons remains after returning to the main menu (RCSBuildAid, Haystack, ToolbarControl, BonVoyage, at the top right corner, not always the same)
  • Maybe I'm just dump but QuickBrake doesn't show up (how is this supposed to work?) Same for QuickIVA, QuickFineControl
  • QuickSAS is not working (using the Keypad buttons mentioned in the readme)
  • QuickSearch dosn't work (TechTree and Editor)
  • QuickRevert doesn't work (cannot revert after quickload or scene switch)
  • QuickMute doesn't work (no icon and nothing happens after pressing (or holding) F6)
  • QuickCurserHider and QuickContracts working perfect^^

Tested in KSP 1.4.3

Logs: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/p7cb9vygpuzx2g0/AAB7kXPSYme6ujlVqwgfTIfLa?dl=0

edit: Forgot to mention that I'm using stock toolbar, not blizzy. Dependencies are installed and up-to-date.

Edited by 4x4cheesecake

2 hours ago, 4x4cheesecake said:

Since this is a Beta release, just a quick feedback of issues I have noticed so far:

• Several Exceptions while launching the game
  • QuickHide doesn't bring back some icons (for example Haystack icon)
  • After using QuickHide while at KSC scene, stock icons on the left (to enter building) are missing, clicking on buildings does nothing (cannot enter or upgrade), also the pause menu no longer shows up (ESC on keyboard and "Pause Game" button at the top right corner does nothing). Same issues just after starting the game, switching the scenes fix it until QuickHide is used.
  • I dont know what "GoTo Lves" should do but it brings up a random flightscene of one of my vessels (mun rover, ComNet relay, flags...)
  • Using QuickHide in editor doesn't bringt back some icons like RCSBuildAid, ActionGoupsExtended and CraftOrganizer (CraftOrganizer is avaibale again after clicking the Hide button 4 times but RCSBuildAid and AGX will never show up again) AGX still available using the "Actions" button in the editor.
  • Some Toolbar icons remains after returning to the main menu (RCSBuildAid, Haystack, ToolbarControl, BonVoyage, at the top right corner, not always the same)
  • Maybe I'm just dump but QuickBrake doesn't show up (how is this supposed to work?) Same for QuickIVA, QuickFineControl
  • QuickSAS is not working (using the Keypad buttons mentioned in the readme)
  • QuickSearch dosn't work (TechTree and Editor)
  • QuickRevert doesn't work (cannot revert after quickload or scene switch)
  • QuickMute doesn't work (no icon and nothing happens after pressing (or holding) F6)
  • QuickCurserHider and QuickContracts working perfect^^

Tested in KSP 1.4.3

Logs: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/p7cb9vygpuzx2g0/AAB7kXPSYme6ujlVqwgfTIfLa?dl=0

edit: Forgot to mention that I'm using stock toolbar, not blizzy. Dependencies are installed and up-to-date.

Oh nuts, I forgot to upload an updated BBC version of both  Toolbat and ToolbatControlker.

Well, that's why it's  a beta.

I'll try to get them uploaded this afternoon

37 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Oh nuts, I forgot to upload an updated BBC version of both  Toolbat and ToolbatControlker.

I know these were simple typos, but I'm now really taken with the idea of a "ToolBat", or the possibility of what kind of mod that would be... ;)

Edited by Beetlecat

@linuxgurugamer

Ok, I've played around a little bit and I have a new list for you ;)

(The list may looks a bit messy, I wrote everything down while testing, so there is no particular order)

• QuickSearch works like a charm. Shared history in editor & techtree, shortcuts and comulating of "AND", "OR", "NOT" is possible. Just a little thingy: Search history window partially obscure the parts in editor and cannot moved over the screen (maybe intendet, maybe a bug)
  • Staging always hides while in editor. (Becomes visible for a few seconds after hovering the curser in the down right corner)
  • QuickMute got no Icon while in a flight scene but can be used via shortcut.
  • QuickIVA has no button (cannot find anything to configure) but it is active. Everytime I launch a vessel i start in IVA and can not switch to thirdperson! Is this supposed to be an "always on" mod?
  • While in IVA view, some mod windows cannot be opened (transfer window planer, haystack, x science) BUT when hitting "ESC", all the windows opens up along with the pause menu. Also, after unpause every window, stock gui and the whole toolbar disappears (except Kerbal alarm clock?!). Like hitting "F2" but the only way to get everything back is reversing the flight (or return to main menu). Happens also after clicking the QuickSAS toolbar button.
  • Clicking the QuickSAS Toolbarbutton in a flight scene "pause" the game (no pause menu but ingame time stops). Configuration window does not show up (it does while at KSC).
  • Somehow I lost camera control multiple times (need further testing, wasn't able to replicate this bug in a steady way). Scene switch or quit to main menu does not fix this.
  • No problems with QuickRevert so far
  • QuickBrake is always on, like QuickIVA (cannot find a button, contextmenu or anything else to configure). Same with QuickFineControl
  • No problems with QuickStart so far
  • QuickHide is pretty unsteady. Sometimes all mod icons are hidden, sometimes some icons remains, sometimes a few icons remains while they should be hidden and sometimes icons disappear permanently. Needs further testing.
  • QuickGoTo is somehow working (you can switch scenes whenevery you want) but it keeps messing up other things. While at KSC scene, buildings are no longer accessible by clikcing on them, but via "GoTo". While in the editor, parts can no longer be placed and all (stock) buttons in the top right corner are greyed out.
  • QuickExit can be used via shortcut but has no toolbar icon.
  • Some icons still remains when returning to the main menu

Well, thats it so far. I've tested the whole bundle but i guess I'll go for some "standalone" tests of every modlet (not now but tomorrow). There is also an updated output_log in the same dropbox folder linked in my other post, even though i didn't noticed any errors there.

Edited by 4x4cheesecake

Very strange.  The beta I released was built using Visual Studio, and yes, it isn't working properly, although tests earlier were good.  But this was a full rebuild, I wonder if something is wrong with VS when it does multiple compiles side-by-side.

I just got the mods rebuilt using my Jenkins server, which does everything sequentially.  And so far, it looks better, but I'm going to do more testing before posting it

First, for some of the buttons, right-click will bring up the settings, others just left click does:

The following buttons bring up their settings page when left-clicked:

• QuickSAS
  • QuickRevert
  • QuickIVA
  • QuickBrake
  • QuickSearch
  • QuickContracts (only in Mission Control).  Right-click also works for this button

The following button brings up a dialog in which is a settings button:

• QuickExit

The following buttons uses a right-click to bring up the settings page:

• QuickHide

The following button uses the mouse scroll wheel when the mouse is over the button.

• QuickMute, clicking the button also brings up an image in the middle of the screen to show the current volume setting

The following Quick mods don't have buttons:

• QuickCursorHider
  • QuickFineControl
  • QuickStart

53 minutes ago, 4x4cheesecake said:

Staging always hides while in editor. (Becomes visible for a few seconds after hovering the curser in the down right corner)

This is QuickHide.  Disable the Auto-Hide on mouse hovering out the stages option

1 hour ago, 4x4cheesecake said:

QuickGoTo is somehow working (you can switch scenes whenevery you want) but it keeps messing up other things. While at KSC scene, buildings are no longer accessible by clikcing on them, but via "GoTo". While in the editor, parts can no longer be placed and all (stock) buttons in the top right corner are greyed out.

QuickGoTo is setting the input locks and not clearing them, you can clear the locks using the Alt-F12 button

QuickGoTo is mostly untouched, it is NOT using the ToolbarController

Ok, I missed the icons for IVA, Brake and Exit because these disappear after using QuickHide. I've added a screenshot folder to my dropbox link with pictures of the toolbar after a fresh start, with hidden icons, the few icons that can be restored and some icons which (sometimes) don't disappear, even though the hide option is enabled.

Clearing the input lock makes buildings and parts in editor available again, so further testing is getting a little bit less annoying :)

@linuxgurugamer

Just a quick question: Should it be possible to run just a single "QuickXYZ" mod or do I always need the whole bundle? I was trying to use "QuickBrake" only and the toolbar icon is missing (toolbar controler recognizes the mod anyway) but when I'm using the whole bundle the icon reappears. So is that something I should put on the bug list or just use the whole bundle?

44 minutes ago, 4x4cheesecake said:

@linuxgurugamer

Just a quick question: Should it be possible to run just a single "QuickXYZ" mod or do I always need the whole bundle? I was trying to use "QuickBrake" only and the toolbar icon is missing (toolbar controler recognizes the mod anyway) but when I'm using the whole bundle the icon reappears. So is that something I should put on the bug list or just use the whole bundle?

Individuals are fine, I'm just packaging it all together for the beta