[1.12.x] Malah's Quick Mods - ZEROMINIAVC in new thread

linuxgurugamer

• 3 weeks later...

Just curious, could QuickSearch fix the ksp feature, that parts with category=none unsearchable?
making category=none patch is a popular way to hide parts from their original category if they are added to a CCK category

Edited by flart

New set of releases

• 1.4.0.6 QuickMods
    • QuickBrake 1.4.0.6
    • QuickContracts 1.3.0.6
    • QuickCursorHider 1.1.0.5
    • QuickExit 2.2.0.6
    • QuickFineControl 1.1.0.5
    • QuickGoTo 1.4.0.7
    • QuickHide 3.3.0.6
    • QuickIVA 1.3.0.6
    • QuickMute 1.4.0.5
    • QuickRevert 3.2.0.6
    • QuickSAS 1.2.0.6
    • QuickSearch 3.3.0.6
    • QuickStart 2.2.0.7
      •     More initialization fixes due to Unity upgrade

@linuxgurugamer

I just updated several mods, and I can't get into most of the buildings after loading the game.  The couple I could get into, I couldn't get out of.  Haystack also no longer works.

I just updated the following (most of them were your updates):

"name": "QuickSearch",
            "version": "1:3.3.0.6"

"name": "QuickBrake",
            "version": "1:1.4.0.6"

"name": "LaunchNumbering",
            "version": "0.5.3.1"

"name": "FTLDriveContinued",
            "version": "0.2.3.1"

"name": "KSPWheel",
            "version": "1:0.16.14.33"

I'm unsure which is causing the issues, and was hoping for some help.  I'm getting a lot of errors I wasn't getting yesterday playing.

Logs https://drive.google.com/open?id=16XEeSpbhHDcvDedm9w2zVqUFSnmqSLj7

I'm going to try to rollback the ksp wheel to see if it is still broke or not to try to eliminate it.

Thanks!

54 minutes ago, Critter79606 said:

@linuxgurugamer

I just updated several mods, and I can't get into most of the buildings after loading the game.  The couple I could get into, I couldn't get out of.  Haystack also no longer works.

I just updated the following (most of them were your updates):

"name": "QuickSearch",
            "version": "1:3.3.0.6"

"name": "QuickBrake",
            "version": "1:1.4.0.6"

"name": "LaunchNumbering",
            "version": "0.5.3.1"

"name": "FTLDriveContinued",
            "version": "0.2.3.1"

"name": "KSPWheel",
            "version": "1:0.16.14.33"

I'm unsure which is causing the issues, and was hoping for some help.  I'm getting a lot of errors I wasn't getting yesterday playing.

Logs https://drive.google.com/open?id=16XEeSpbhHDcvDedm9w2zVqUFSnmqSLj7

I'm going to try to rollback the ksp wheel to see if it is still broke or not to try to eliminate it.

Thanks!

First, please note that KSPWheel is not mine.

Second, I am in the middle of a massive bug hunt, involving all my mods, this a result of the Unity upgrade.

Third, I looked at the log file

You are getting lots of exceptions, some of interest are:

• ModuleFuelTanks
  • Lots of issues with the B9 parts, both bad strings and missing objects
  • Something going on with RetroFuture and JSI (both are mine)
  • Same with SXT
  • Tundra Exploration has an issue, index out of range
  • A whole bunch of Agents missing the title value
  • KerbalChangeLog
  • One or more contracts do not have a field 'agent', CC is unhappy

There are so many exceptions I can't follow it all.

I haven't yet gotten to the JSI Part Utilities in my bug hunt, I'll look at it this evening.

None of the mods that you listed above has anything to do with navigation.  Try removing them and see what happens.  Don't forget to make a backup first.

If you are able to isolate a mod, let me know so I can look at it (even if it's someone else's)

Edited by linuxgurugamer

1 hour ago, linuxgurugamer said:

First, please note that KSPWheel is not mine.

Second, I am in the middle of a massive bug hunt, involving all my mods, this a result of the Unity upgrade.

Third, I looked at the log file

You are getting lots of exceptions, some of interest are:

• ModuleFuelTanks
  • Lots of issues with the B9 parts, both bad strings and missing objects
  • Something going on with RetroFuture and JSI (both are mine)
  • Same with SXT
  • Tundra Exploration has an issue, index out of range
  • A whole bunch of Agents missing the title value
  • KerbalChangeLog
  • One or more contracts do not have a field 'agent', CC is unhappy

There are so many exceptions I can't follow it all.

I haven't yet gotten to the JSI Part Utilities in my bug hunt, I'll look at it this evening.

None of the mods that you listed above has anything to do with navigation.  Try removing them and see what happens.  Don't forget to make a backup first.

If you are able to isolate a mod, let me know so I can look at it (even if it's someone else's)

@linuxgurugamer

I uninstalled the mods that got updated, and installed them one at a time.

It's definitely LaunchNumbering.  I'm going to grab a clean install of 1.8.1 and see if I can replicate it on it.

Edit:

I just tried it with only LaunchNumbering (and it's requirements from ckan) and it's doing the same thing.  I click on certain buildings and I can't enter.  The few I can, I can't exit.  I have to crash the game, as the exit game won't even work.

Log link: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Idt6LC5q6MB6YzrcKfHxlRtp_POMD6sj

Edited by Critter79606

9 minutes ago, Critter79606 said:

@linuxgurugamer

I uninstalled the mods that got updated, and installed them one at a time.

It's definitely LaunchNumbering.  I'm going to grab a clean install of 1.8.1 and see if I can replicate it on it.

Edit:

I just tried it with only LaunchNumbering (and it's requirements from ckan) and it's doing the same thing.  I click on certain buildings and I can't enter.  The few I can, I can't exit.  I have to crash the game, as the exit game won't even work.

Ok, I'll take another look at that.

Check your PM for a message from me about Firespitter

Thanks for troublshooting

3 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Ok, I'll take another look at that.

Check your PM for a message from me about Firespitter

Thanks for troublshooting

Thanks, didn't even know I had an issue with Firespitter.  If you need anyone to help testing anything, just give a yell.  I'd be glad to help.

I'm running into an issue with QuickStart not working. From a UI perspective it looks like it isn't installed.

Player log is here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1WM4ak4CJztrRBpUNgKQFBVbfgGA2dQpV/view?usp=sharing

Just digging through it, it looks like this is the important bit.

Uploading Crash Report
UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the path "c:\Config.txt" is denied.
  at System.IO.FileStream..ctor (System.String path, System.IO.FileMode mode, System.IO.FileAccess access, System.IO.FileShare share, System.Int32 bufferSize, System.Boolean anonymous, System.IO.FileOptions options) [0x0019e] in <ad04dee02e7e4a85a1299c7ee81c79f6>:0 
  at System.IO.FileStream..ctor (System.String path, System.IO.FileMode mode, System.IO.FileAccess access, System.IO.FileShare share) [0x00000] in <ad04dee02e7e4a85a1299c7ee81c79f6>:0 
  at (wrapper remoting-invoke-with-check) System.IO.FileStream..ctor(string,System.IO.FileMode,System.IO.FileAccess,System.IO.FileShare)
  at System.IO.File.Open (System.String path, System.IO.FileMode mode) [0x00000] in <ad04dee02e7e4a85a1299c7ee81c79f6>:0 
  at ConfigNode.Save (System.String fileFullName, System.String header) [0x00000] in <9d71e4043e394d78a6cf9193ad011698>:0 
  at ConfigNode.Save (System.String fileFullName) [0x00000] in <9d71e4043e394d78a6cf9193ad011698>:0 
  at QuickStart.QSettings.Save () [0x0000c] in <d20696a046564ca4ab7c14d802fccecb>:0 
  at QuickStart.QSettings.Load () [0x00048] in <d20696a046564ca4ab7c14d802fccecb>:0 
  at QuickStart.QSettings.get_Instance () [0x0000f] in <d20696a046564ca4ab7c14d802fccecb>:0 
  at QuickStart.QUtils.QDebug.Log (System.String String, System.String Title, System.Boolean force) [0x00006] in <d20696a046564ca4ab7c14d802fccecb>:0 
  at QuickStart.QMainMenu.OnDestroy () [0x00000] in <d20696a046564ca4ab7c14d802fccecb>:0 
UnityEngine.DebugLogHandler:Internal_LogException(Exception, Object)
UnityEngine.DebugLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)
ModuleManager.UnityLogHandle.InterceptLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)
UnityEngine.Logger:LogException(Exception, Object)
UnityEngine.Debug:CallOverridenDebugHandler(Exception, Object)

5 hours ago, Shalfar said:

I'm running into an issue with QuickStart not working. From a UI perspective it looks like it isn't installed.

Player log is here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1WM4ak4CJztrRBpUNgKQFBVbfgGA2dQpV/view?usp=sharing

Just digging through it, it looks like this is the important bit.

Uploading Crash Report
UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the path "c:\Config.txt" is denied.
  at System.IO.FileStream..ctor (System.String path, System.IO.FileMode mode, System.IO.FileAccess access, System.IO.FileShare share, System.Int32 bufferSize, System.Boolean anonymous, System.IO.FileOptions options) [0x0019e] in <ad04dee02e7e4a85a1299c7ee81c79f6>:0 
  at System.IO.FileStream..ctor (System.String path, System.IO.FileMode mode, System.IO.FileAccess access, System.IO.FileShare share) [0x00000] in <ad04dee02e7e4a85a1299c7ee81c79f6>:0 
  at (wrapper remoting-invoke-with-check) System.IO.FileStream..ctor(string,System.IO.FileMode,System.IO.FileAccess,System.IO.FileShare)
  at System.IO.File.Open (System.String path, System.IO.FileMode mode) [0x00000] in <ad04dee02e7e4a85a1299c7ee81c79f6>:0 
  at ConfigNode.Save (System.String fileFullName, System.String header) [0x00000] in <9d71e4043e394d78a6cf9193ad011698>:0 
  at ConfigNode.Save (System.String fileFullName) [0x00000] in <9d71e4043e394d78a6cf9193ad011698>:0 
  at QuickStart.QSettings.Save () [0x0000c] in <d20696a046564ca4ab7c14d802fccecb>:0 
  at QuickStart.QSettings.Load () [0x00048] in <d20696a046564ca4ab7c14d802fccecb>:0 
  at QuickStart.QSettings.get_Instance () [0x0000f] in <d20696a046564ca4ab7c14d802fccecb>:0 
  at QuickStart.QUtils.QDebug.Log (System.String String, System.String Title, System.Boolean force) [0x00006] in <d20696a046564ca4ab7c14d802fccecb>:0 
  at QuickStart.QMainMenu.OnDestroy () [0x00000] in <d20696a046564ca4ab7c14d802fccecb>:0 
UnityEngine.DebugLogHandler:Internal_LogException(Exception, Object)
UnityEngine.DebugLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)
ModuleManager.UnityLogHandle.InterceptLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)
UnityEngine.Logger:LogException(Exception, Object)
UnityEngine.Debug:CallOverridenDebugHandler(Exception, Object)

Nice catch, that was the problem line.  Fixing it now

New release, 2.2.0.8 Quickstart

• Fixed initialization of path to config file

22 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Nice catch, that was the problem line.  Fixing it now

New release, 2.2.0.8 Quickstart

• Fixed initialization of path to config file

So I didn't get to actually try it out until today and I'm still having the issue. I've tried grabbing it from CKAN and from Spacedock, just in case CKAN didn't properly update.

10 minutes ago, Shalfar said:

So I didn't get to actually try it out until today and I'm still having the issue. I've tried grabbing it from CKAN and from Spacedock, just in case CKAN didn't properly update.

I'll need a full log file, pls.  It's working for me, so I'm not sure what's going on

55 minutes ago, Shalfar said:

Try this, please and let me know how it goes.  I've changed the initialization a bit

Hmmm.  The only thing different is that you are running it from the Steam directory while I use a unique install location.  I'll have to set up a test with Steam

Edited by linuxgurugamer

35 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Try this, please and let me know how it goes.  I've changed the initialization a bit

Hmmm.  The only thing different is that you are running it from the Steam directory while I use a unique install location.  I'll have to set up a test with Steam

I don't see anything to try.