[1.12.x] Malah's Quick Mods - ZEROMINIAVC in new thread

linuxgurugamer

58 minutes ago, 4x4cheesecake said:

@linuxgurugamer

Just a quick question: Should it be possible to run just a single "QuickXYZ" mod or do I always need the whole bundle? I was trying to use "QuickBrake" only and the toolbar icon is missing (toolbar controler recognizes the mod anyway) but when I'm using the whole bundle the icon reappears. So is that something I should put on the bug list or just use the whole bundle?

I'll take a look at that.  Just make sure that the directory layout is still the same (ie:  Don't move the QuickBrake out of the QuickMods directory, just delete the others

Confirmed it's a bug (the missing button when QuickBrake is alone)

Edited by linuxgurugamer

1 minute ago, linuxgurugamer said:

I'll take a look at that.  Just make sure that the directory layout is still the same (ie:  Don't move the QuickBrake out of the QuickMods directory, just delete the others

Yep, I already figured that out^^ As soon as my tests are done I can provide a log for every single mod which might help you to isolate some issues.

I've tested on a clean install (1.4.3), just QuickMods + dependencies are installed. Obviously, I had to install some other mods to test QuickHide.

Tested Mod version is 1.3.2.1, because these tests needs lot of time and I was already half through when you uploaded your new version.

While running each mod on its own:

QuickBrake

• Missing toolbar icon, toolbarcontrol recognizes the mod and when launching a vessel, brakes are active.
  • Several "d3d: failed to create 2D texture" messages in output_log. (maybe not related, can be found in other logs)

QuickContract

• After declined all contracts multiple times:
    [ContractSystem]: Attempted to generate contract with no celestial bodies available
    (replicable, not sure if related to this mod)
  • You can click through the settings window (pretty hard to click on something behind the window but it is possible^^)

QuickCurserHide

• No problems

QuickExit

• No problems with the mod itself but you can click through the dialog window

QuickFineControl

• No problems

QuickGoTo

• GoTo VAB -> GoTo SPH (and vice versa) results in VAB/SPH no longer available via GoTo (greyed out) and a massive NRE Spam, 0 funds displayed, no contracts displayed, scene can only be switched by GoTo (Stock "Leave" button does not work)
  • GoTo SC not available while at AdministrationBuilding, Mission Control, Astronaut Complex, R&D (maybe inteded)
  • Running KSP in window mode and with a resolution of 1280x720 resultsin not all GoTo options are visible during a flight scene (well, found this one by accident)
  • You can click through GoTo Buttons

QuickHide(+RCSBuildAId, Haystack, KER)

• Hiding all icons take some time (~3 -5 seconds)
  • Some icons can't be restort by clicking "show" (inconsistent)
  • Some icons can't be hidden (inconsistent)
  • Some icons are visible after returning to main menu from a running game (ToolbarControl, Haystack, RCSBuildAid)

QuickIVA

• Missing toolbar icon, toolbarcontrol recognizes the mod and when launching a vessel IVA is active
  • cannot switch to thirdperson

QuickMute

• No problems

QuickRevert

• NRE when clicking the QR button while in editor(button become visible in editor after using "revert to VAB/SPH")
  • QR Button is visible in main menu (inconsistent)

QuickSAS

• No Toolbar icon

QuickSearch

• Don't work at all

QuickStart

• No problems

Generell

• "Cannot find a Module of typename 'QuickStart_Persistent'" after removing QuickStart
  • "ToolbarControl: stockButton is null, ,  namespace: ToolbarController_NS" on startup and when switching to KSC scene
  • Toolbarcontrol has mods listed which are no longer installed

While running the whole bundle:

• Buttons for QuickBrake, QuickIVA and QuickSAS become always available at KSC (not during flight scene which might be nice for QuickSAS). I got them in the editor once but after some (stock)scene switching, the buttons are no longer available there (but they reappear sometimes, very inconsistent)
  • Settings for QuickBrake, QuickIVA and QuickSAS are only available while at KSC, not in editor (even though the buttons are available)
  • QuickIVA works as inteded (switch over to third person is possible with correct settings)
  • NRE when reverting flight to SPH/VAB (stock revert)
  • QuickSearch still doesn't work at all

If not mentioned, problems of single mods like QuickGoTo are still present in the bundle.

Logs are named like the installed mod and can be found here:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/8prng76sg3i3gfl/AAC_Q3IqdiETUUJIYbagULYXa?dl=0

Edited by 4x4cheesecake

35 minutes ago, 4x4cheesecake said:

Several "d3d: failed to create 2D texture" messages in output_log. (maybe not related, can be found in other logs)

Can be ignored, it's not an error

36 minutes ago, 4x4cheesecake said:

GoTo VAB -> GoTo SPH (

I'm going to have to remove this since the functionality is now stock

36 minutes ago, 4x4cheesecake said:

Generell

• "Cannot find a Module of typename 'QuickStart_Persistent'" after removing QuickStart
  • "ToolbarControl: stockButton is null, ,  namespace: ToolbarController_NS" on startup and when switching to KSC scene
  • Toolbarcontrol has mods listed which are no longer installed

Not a bug.  The module issue is that QuickStart leave stuff in the save file, but it can be ignored

The stockButton is null is a warning message, won't be in the final release

The mods listed is just one of those things that can't easily be fixed.  Once a mod is registered with the ToolbarController, it stays there.  I may eventually put in a way to delete uninstalled mods, but it just has to be lived with for now.

38 minutes ago, 4x4cheesecake said:

GoTo SC not available while at AdministrationBuilding, Mission Control, Astronaut Complex, R&D (maybe inteded

Pretty sure this is intended

39 minutes ago, 4x4cheesecake said:
  • Running KSP in window mode and with a resolution of 1280x720 resultsin not all GoTo options are visible during a flight scene (well, found this one by accident)

Not too much I can do about this right now.

I'll work on the others, I greatly appreciate you're taking the time to do this

I was wondering if you could do the same tests using the older verion in 1.3.1, and see which issues are new ?  Would be helpful for when I get back to it

In my opinion, KSP is one of those games getting more enjoyable with mods. I wish I could contribute some mods on my own but I know nearly nothing about modding a game so doing some tests is the best I can do and I'm glad to help in thiy way :)

Well, I've never played KSP 1.3.1 but i guess steam can go back so that shouldn't be a problem to do some tests in that version.

Edited by 4x4cheesecake

Hey, I just installed the mods (along with the dependencies), but I removed everything except QuickGoTo and QuickExit. QuickGoTo loads fine, but QuickExit fails to load. Upon inspection of the log file, I found this exception in the loading sequence:

[ERR 05:41:50.992] AssemblyLoader: Exception loading 'QuickExit': System.Reflection.ReflectionTypeLoadException: The classes in the module cannot be loaded.
  at (wrapper managed-to-native) System.Reflection.Assembly:GetTypes (bool)
  at System.Reflection.Assembly.GetTypes () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at AssemblyLoader.LoadAssemblies () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

Additional information about this exception:

System.TypeLoadException: Could not load type 'QuickExit.QStockToolbar' from assembly 'QuickExit, Version=2.1.4.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.

This exception is still produced in a clean install with only the mod and its dependencies.

19 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

I was wondering if you could do the same tests using the older verion in 1.3.1, and see which issues are new ?  Would be helpful for when I get back to it

Just for clarification: "the older version" is the one originally released by malah for ksp 1.3.0 or the very same I've used for my last test?

20 hours ago, 4x4cheesecake said:

QuickGoTo

• GoTo VAB -> GoTo SPH (and vice versa) results in VAB/SPH no longer available via GoTo (greyed out) and a massive NRE Spam, 0 funds displayed, no contracts displayed, scene can only be switched by GoTo (Stock "Leave" button does not work)

This is fixed.

But I found a bug which is crashing KSP, need to fix that before getting out a new beta

QuickHide(+RCSBuildAId, Haystack, KER)

• Hiding all icons take some time (~3 -5 seconds)
  • Some icons can't be restort by clicking "show" (inconsistent)
  • Some icons can't be hidden (inconsistent)
  • Some icons are visible after returning to main menu from a running game (ToolbarControl, Haystack, RCSBuildAid)

I'm not seeing the delay, but it may be related to the Reflection it is using.

I just fixed a big problem in QuickHide, apparently it was getting confused when one mod had multiple buttons (ie:  ToolbarController). 

QuickIVA

•  Missing toolbar icon, toolbarcontrol recognizes the mod and when launching a vessel IVA is active

I'm not seeing that, but it's probably related to the last bug fix (the one which came out in the middle of your testing)

QuickRevert

•  NRE when clicking the QR button while in editor(button become visible in editor after using "revert to VAB/SPH")
  • QR Button is visible in main menu (inconsistent)

The button visibility is again related to the last bug fix.

The button should not be visible in the editor

Again a clean install, this time KSP 1.3.1, just QuickMods by Malah installed.

Tested Mod version is the last released one by Malah.

While running each mod on its own:

QuickBrake

• Works fine

QuickContract

• After declined all contracts multiple times:
    [ContractSystem]: Attempted to generate contract with no celestial bodies available
    (replicable, not sure if related to this mod)
  • Since I consider the message above to be harmless, this one works fine too

QuickCurserHide

• Works fine

QuickExit

• NRE when used while the game is loading (before entering the main menu the first time)

QuickFineControl

• Works fine

QuickGoTo

• Input Lock when hovering above the GoTo button (like before in the beta release for KSP 1.4)
  • Flight scene -> GoTo VAB/SPH results in a error message: "StageManager: Only one instance of this class may exist per scene. Destroying potential usurper."
  • While in flightscene, GoTo Rv (revert to launch), GoTo Rc (recover) and GoTo ED (editor) crashes the game. GoTo RvSC (revert to SpaceCenter)works fine. [Crash is caused by memory access violation, tell me if you need the crash log]
  • While in flight scene, small display resolutions (1280x720) cannot display all "GoTo" options [900px in hight seems to be minimum, depends on position of the GoTo icon in the toolbar]
  • NRE when trying to switch between editors, same issue as in 1.4 (this one is in a separate log file named "QuickGoTo(2)")

QuickHide(+QuickExit, QuickBrake, QuickGoTo)

• Deactivating the "Auto hide on mouse hovering out the stages" option while in editor causes the stages bar to disappear until scene switch
  • Returning to main menu while icons are hidden causes the little yellow/black bar (seperator between mod and stock buttons) to be visible in the top right corner.

QuickIVA

• Vessel can be recovered while moving very fast on the ground by using the "End" shortcut (need to test this one in 1.4 so this is just a note for me^^)

QuickMute

• Works fine (provides a master volume slider, this doesn't happen in your 1.4 beta)

QuickRevert

• Works fine

QuickSAS

• Works fine

QuickSearch

• Just a little consideration: When sorting the search history by count number, entries with the same count number should also getting sorted, may it be by date or alphanumerical. Currently, all entries with the same count number switching places whenever a new search is done. (Haven't noticed this one for 1.4 but maybe I just missed that)
  • Just want to mention, that the search history window in the editor got a better placement compared to 1.4 version

QuickStart

• Works fine

While running the whole bundle:

• NRE when entering the editor (SPH and VAB). Happens after revert, entering via KSC and entering via GoTo

If not mentioned, problems of single mods like QuickGoTo are still present in the bundle.

Logs are named like the installed mod and can be found here:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/jr8b9fv71izi7hj/AACEivZy9QzwoaTlSdzcxh-va?dl=0

Edited by 4x4cheesecake

Ok, thanks.  So it looks like, except for the search window placement, I've gotten it up and above  the same functionality as the old versions.

QuickGoTo seems to be problematic, I've had it crash my test games to the point that the game is unplayable when I restart.  I may have an idea as to what's going on, otherwise I may just remove it from the release.

Regarding QuickMute, is it a visual slider?  In my 1.4 version, the mouse wheel actually does the volume control

56 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Regarding QuickMute, is it a visual slider?  In my 1.4 version, the mouse wheel actually does the volume control

Yes, it is a visible slider which can be moved with the curser. Didn't know that can be done with the mousewheel in your 1.4 version, it is not mentioned anywhere.

2 hours ago, 4x4cheesecake said:

Yes, it is a visible slider which can be moved with the curser. Didn't know that can be done with the mousewheel in your 1.4 version, it is not mentioned anywhere.

That is very strange, I don't see anything in the code which controls that (I looked at the old code as well)

Just found it, now I need to figure out why it isn't working iin my version

Edited by linuxgurugamer

On 5/2/2018 at 11:24 AM, 4x4cheesecake said:

Just want to mention, that the search history window in the editor got a better placement compared to 1.4 version

I'm a bit puzzled.  I just tested this in 1.4.3 and the quicksearch history appears to be in the same place as in the 1.3.1 version.  Can you be more specific?

On 5/2/2018 at 11:24 AM, 4x4cheesecake said:

Just a little consideration: When sorting the search history by count number, entries with the same count number should also getting sorted, may it be by date or alphanumerical. Currently, all entries with the same count number switching places whenever a new search is done. (

Good point, I'll see if I can do that

41 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

I'm a bit puzzled.  I just tested this in 1.4.3 and the quicksearch history appears to be in the same place as in the 1.3.1 version.  Can you be more specific?

Well, a picture is worth a thousand words:

https://i.imgur.com/hfmMwoA.png

Can not be embedded, so take a link instead

I'm actually curious why the gui ist bigger in 1.4.3 since both screenshots are made with the same screen resolution (I've tried different resolution but it happens all the time). But remember: The 1.4.3 version contain the very first beta of QuickMods (because in 1.3.2.1 QuickSearch didn't work at all and haven't had the time for a closer look at the newer versions)

11 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Added secondary sort by name for QuickSearch

Nice :)

edit: ?! picture is not shown in the actual post....wait a sec....

Edited by 4x4cheesecake

Well, even on a fresh install, QuickSearch refuses to run.

No toolbar icon, no search history, no search bar in techtree and searching for "tank & mono" in VAB doesn't show any results, so it is not just a missing window/icon.

Changed settings in ToolbarControl to use Stock only (was set to both by default) -> still nothing. restart game -> still nothing. Deleted every other QuickMod from gamedata folder -> still nothing.

QuickSearch is just not working for me...

edit: I cannot find any relevant errors in the output_log but if you want to look for your self: https://www.dropbox.com/s/ad4df363iue6lyr/output_log.txt?dl=0

edit2: Ehm...there is no "Plugin" folder (and no QuickSearch.dll) in your latest version ;)

Edited by 4x4cheesecake