[1.12.x] Diazo's Landing Height

57 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Which is very strange, since there were minimal code changes.  The only change was changing a font from normal to bold.  And the version you downloaded was compiled for a previous version of KSP.

I'll test and see if I can duplicate this.  What version of KSP are you running?

Would be very useful if you could tell me at what point it happens, or even if you give me the Ap and Pe of the orbit you are testing with.  Right now I have nothing to go on, can only guess 

I've tried it around multiple bodies and it seems to be consistent. 

using KSP 1.4.5 set an elliptical orbit with a PE below 100km and AP above 1500km. When the craft passes between 600km and 1000km I'm getting the blank altimeter. When below or above that band altimeter works fine. You don't have to click it to change modes, in fact, clicking it doesn't do anything for me.

Edited by Tyko

• 1 month later...
7 hours ago, Angleton said:

Do you plan to release an update for version 1.5.1?

Already released, look at the thread title

On 11/10/2018 at 1:29 PM, Gordon Dry said:

Descending on parachutes, a smart part triggers an action group at 400m altitude to jettison the heat shield = altitude from now on is always 1m.

No idea what you just said

On 11/13/2018 at 6:50 AM, Gordon Dry said:

After the action group jettisoned the heat shield the stock altitude readout which is overridden by LandingHeight showed 1m altitude all the time until touchdown.

What happens if you jettison the heat shield by hand, without any smart parts attached?

On 11/13/2018 at 6:50 AM, Gordon Dry said:

After the action group jettisoned the heat shield the stock altitude readout which is overridden by LandingHeight showed 1m altitude all the time until touchdown.

I just tested this, I think I know what's going on.

First, tell me that the heat shield isn't falling away, but is being held to the bottom of the craft by the air pressure.

Assuming that's what's going on, it is detecting the heat shield as if it was the ground, and since it is being held against the bottom of the vessel, it will show 1m.

It's a funny quirk, nothing can be done about it other than to be sure that there is nothing below the lowest part of the vessel other than the ground

30 minutes ago, Gordon Dry said:

@linuxgurugamer The heat shield was held below the craft for a few seconds but then fell down eventually.

Well, when I tested, that happened as well, and I saw the altitide start at 1m and increase until the heat shield moved away.

Can you do a short video to show the problem?

• 4 months later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 7 months later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.