Anyone but me want a Mod that has a Bunch of Sci-fi engines and generators in it ?

so I downloaded the GN-Drive mod for Ksp. and ran into some issues since its an outdated mod. I am hoping to find someone or a group of people that would want to make a collab mod with engines and Reactors from several TV-shows and Anime. in the current version of KSP.

49 minutes ago, TheRedWolf2099 said:

oh, that would be great.  now since my knowledge in moding is limited I need to find someone who can code, I am more experienced in the project lead role, but I'm not afraid to learn and will learn anything I need to. "just saying" 

If your just making parts, you do not need to learn coding. Parts are only a mesh, texture and configuration. The configurations are very easy to configure, with things such as 'name = x' or 'cost = 9999'. Then, there are modules which allow you to give the part a special feature such as fuel or thrust. I reckon you will be able to do a good job on them. :) 

11 hours ago, TheRedWolf2099 said:

oh huh well. I'm surprised it's that easy cool yea I think I could get my head around that. so is there any particular engine/reactor you want to do?  

Right now I don’t know as you haven’t told me what you wanted to do. If you could PM me your ideas I could choose some.

42 minutes ago, Orbiter Space Program said:

if you are making electric engines, that would be great, I want to help, but I suck at everything.

if I can get this idea of the ground. with I am started with I'll definitely add some electric engines. I also want some Electric engines both sci-fi and otherwise. I am completely up for a mod pack made by more than one author so if you want to help you can learn some basic engine moding like Dankgum said it basically just a Configuration file that needs editing.

I'll put up a production timeline where I and any affiliates are in mod progression in its own thread later. if your interested PM me and I'll send a Discord Link.

I will try to help out with coding, but to worn you, I am not that good with Unity.

btw, me

1 hour ago, TheRedWolf2099 said:

if I can get this idea of the ground. with I am started with I'll definitely add some electric engines. I also want some Electric engines both sci-fi and otherwise. I am completely up for a mod pack made by more than one author so if you want to help you can learn some basic engine moding like Dankgum said it basically just a Configuration file that needs editing.

I'll put up a production timeline where I and any affiliates are in mod progression in its own thread later. if your interested PM me and I'll send a Discord Link.

how do I PM exactly?

never mind, I looked it up

Edited by OrbiterAirFields
I used text chat, I fixed it.

There's also Kerbal flying saucers by Angel-125 which looks gorgeous, has a bunch of sci-fi related parts all themed around creating flying saucers.

And Exotic Solutions which is my own mod and has a series of parts that work in various sci-fi related fashions. Currently working on the inertial shunts and catapults which is able to transfer momentum around wirelessly between crafts.

Unfortunately neither of them is in a release state yet. Exotic solutions does have alpha releases with a few parts, I'm hoping to do another alpha release either today or tomorrow once I've finished the inertial module.

Not as of yet. Right now I'm working on functionality, numbers balance will come after stuff works. I'm contemplating making a balance pass and releasing a beta after the inertial shunts/catapults (probably going to be renamed to kinetic shunts/catapults) & shields are in.

Edited by Darinth
Minor correction after looking at my roadmap

Not exactly an engine, but generator that provides benefit to the engine too. There's a mod (IIRC) called LeBeau Space Industries (LBSI). This mod provides a lot of stuff, including high capacity crew capsules, fuel tanks, rocket parts, etc. But the most interesting part is the generators. It's basically electric-based fuel generator (input electricity to generate fuel) and electric-based electric generator (input electricity to generate electricity, output is higher than input) with scientific mumbo jumbo thrown in in the description. Both generators are available in inline and radial mount and has input-output ratio of roughly 1:4. One electric-fuel and one electric-electric generator is enough to power vector engine indefinitely. It's basically my cheat engine (pun intended) after GN drive becomes unworkable in 1.4 (this mod is really outdated, but the parts still works perfectly in 1.4

Edited by ARS

1 hour ago, ARS said:

Not exactly an engine, but generator that provides benefit to the engine too. There's a mod (IIRC) called LeBeau Space Industries (LBSI). This mod provides a lot of stuff, including high capacity crew capsules, fuel tanks, rocket parts, etc. But the most interesting part is the generators. It's basically electric-based fuel generator (input electricity to generate fuel) and electric-based electric generator (input electricity to generate electricity, output is higher than input) with scientific mumbo jumbo thrown in in the description. Both generators are available in inline and radial mount and has input-output ratio of roughly 1:4. One electric-fuel and one electric-electric generator is enough to power vector engine indefinitely. It's basically my cheat engine (pun intended) after GN drive becomes unworkable in 1.4 (this mod is really outdated, but the parts still works perfectly in 1.4

Well this actually sounds cool I'll look into it

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.