JoolTube:Street Fair Day At The KSC!

SQUAD

Wow, now that's neat! Makes me want to try and do a roller coaster!

But seriously, how did you get the train to hinge? I've watched the video and cannot see what's allowing the bendy-movemement.

14 hours ago, adsii1970 said:

But seriously, how did you get the train to hinge? I've watched the video and cannot see what's allowing the bendy-movemement.

They used a hinge design I invented called the Thermometer hinge. It's now ubiquitous. :cool:

On 5/2/2018 at 3:30 PM, adsii1970 said:

Wow, now that's neat! Makes me want to try and do a roller coaster!

Sorry just getting to this, I have four air brakes under the carts that act like car jacks when the brakes are applied. Then I backed up under the hinge, switched craft released the brakes and off I went! 

On 5/3/2018 at 6:24 AM, Majorjim! said:

They used a hinge design I invented called the Thermometer hinge. It's now ubiquitous. :cool:

Yes that Tiny Hinge has made many projects possible for me and others .....many thanks @Majorjim!

On 5/2/2018 at 3:05 PM, betony1 said:

wow!! what mods were used? or is it all stock?

All craft are stock, all craft were placed using only stock. Mods could have help shorten the time it took to make this video but the challenges are all part of the fun in KSP for me. The castle was very difficult to transport. The Ferris Wheel was a very delicate move. Many of my craft were difficult to film because they have many hinges that don't allow a game save. Craft I am still fascinated with, @klond's  Engineering on the Scrambler and Ferris Wheel. @Azimech's Red Eye engineering work also a marvel to me. This was a long off and on six month project with many thanks to Klond & Azimech.

We (Klond, Azimech & myself) prefer the no mod method when it comes to a craft release.

Edited by Castille7

14 hours ago, Castille7 said:

All craft are stock, all craft were placed using only stock. Mods could have help shorten the time it took to make this video but the challenges are all part of the fun in KSP for me. The castle was very difficult to transport. The Ferris Wheel was a very delicate move. Many of my craft were difficult to film because they have many hinges that don't allow a game save. Craft I am still fascinated with, @klond's  Engineering on the Scrambler and Ferris Wheel. @Azimech's Red Eye engineering work also a marvel to me. This was a long off and on six month project with many thanks to Klond & Azimech.

We (Klond, Azimech & myself) prefer the no mod method when it comes to a craft release.

Wow, Thats amazing!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.