[1.3.x-1.9.x] Craft Manager - search, sort, tag & share your craft

katateochi

I'm not sure why but for some reason I do not see the option to view craft from a different save it is completely empty where that option should be. I'm not sure if I made a mistake but I am playing on 1.7.2 and have 4 mods which are Kerbal alarm clock, x science and for science.

7 hours ago, TheBreezus said:

I'm not sure why but for some reason I do not see the option to view craft from a different save it is completely empty where that option should be. I'm not sure if I made a mistake but I am playing on 1.7.2 and have 4 mods which are Kerbal alarm clock, x science and for science.

I had a few problems with this. It seemed to be an issue with my save file (really not sure why). I made backups of everything in my saves and craft files. Then I deleted everything expect for my persistent.sfs in each save directory. I also tidied up some craft files. Reloaded my save and that seemed to be OK. I did lose some orbiting satellites so I re imported them into my persistent.sfs using this: 

MAKE SURE YOU HAVE BACKUPS THOUGH! NO ONE IS TAKING RESPONSIBILITY FOR YOU LOSING STUFF! 

• 3 weeks later...

I'm getting an issue again where Craft Manager doesn't recognise all of my craft in the VAB/SPH/Subassemblies folder. I have 11 files in the subassembly folder but only 2 show in the Craft Manager window. They all show in the editor subassembly tab. 

Log is here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1X-Chz4XyDeQM7pZswPI1gOOWmiRkqszb/view?usp=sharing

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at CraftManager.Translate.this_string (System.String look_up) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at CraftManager.CraftData.read_craft_info_from_file () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at CraftManager.CraftData.initialize (System.String full_path, Boolean stock) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at CraftManager.CraftData..ctor (System.String full_path, Boolean stock) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at CraftManager.CraftData.load_craft_from_files (System.String save_dir) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at CraftManager.CMBrowserBase.refresh () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at CraftManager.CMBrowser.on_show () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at KatLib.DryUI.show () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at CraftManager.CM_KeyShortCuts.Update () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

This error features a lot.

This is a great way to load craft but when it fails to recognise a tonne of files it becomes rather annoying :( 

Just a quick update: I made a backup of all my craft files and I've been slowly re-adding them. Everything seems fine for now. Seems like there was a bad craft file in there. I had downloaded some from KerbalX via the website so maybe something got messed up there. 

Very weird issue though. Anyone else experienced this or know why it happens? @katateochi Do you perhaps know? Sorry for the ping just a weird bug. 

Update: I'm a massive idiot :blush::0.0:;.; I had a craft file that I had downloaded from GitHub...but when I used the "Save link as..." option in Chrome I forgot that it doesn't download the file. It literally saves the link...So I had a craft file with a load of HTML in it. That messes the whole thing up. I think. It seems to affect it differently each time I add and remove it from the VAB folder. 

Edited by madindehead

• 2 months later...

The current version of Craft Manager seems to be functionally OK in KSP 1.8.0, but there are some issues with missing textures on menus and lists.
So you can use Craft Manager (and the dependency KXAPI) in 1.8.0, but menus are transparent.
I will get working on a fix for that soon.

Sorry to those who've asked Qs and reported issues. I've been out of action this last month and before that work was killing me, so I'm quite behind with KSP things! I'll try to catch up!

Hi @katateochi,

Thank you for making this awesome mod for craft management.

Recently I do get some crash log related to this mod in 1.8 though:

Uploading Crash Report
ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Index was out of range. Must be non-negative and less than the size of the collection.
Parameter name: index
  at System.ThrowHelper.ThrowArgumentOutOfRangeException (System.ExceptionArgument argument, System.ExceptionResource resource) [0x00029] in <ad04dee02e7e4a85a1299c7ee81c79f6>:0 
  at System.ThrowHelper.ThrowArgumentOutOfRangeException () [0x00000] in <ad04dee02e7e4a85a1299c7ee81c79f6>:0 
  at CraftManager.CMBrowserDialogs.<populate_new_save_dialog>m__0 (System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2[TKey,TValue] craft_by_version, System.Collections.Generic.List`1[T] versions) [0x00094] in <8ab4bdda3865433b90597b59289a5b5c>:0 
  at CraftManager.KerbalX+<get_craft_ids_by_version>c__AnonStorey2.<>m__0 (System.String resp, System.Int32 status_code) [0x00117] in <8ab4bdda3865433b90597b59289a5b5c>:0 
  at KXAPI.KerbalXAPI+<fetch_existing_craft>c__AnonStorey5.<>m__0 (System.String resp, System.Int32 status_code) [0x0008f] in <08ea9bfe152f4481b2250e7dddb731fe>:0 
  at KXAPI.RequestHandler+<transmit>c__Iterator1.MoveNext () [0x002b9] in <08ea9bfe152f4481b2250e7dddb731fe>:0 
  at UnityEngine.SetupCoroutine.InvokeMoveNext (System.Collections.IEnumerator enumerator, System.IntPtr returnValueAddress) [0x00027] in <5aeafee3fea24f37abd1315553f2cfa6>:0 

It can be replicated by reversing to launch status after crash, it's not happening everytime but when it happens(and crash the game) the log is showing above lines.

Again, thank you for your time and effort for creating this great mod and community.

Edited by ioulaum

8 hours ago, ioulaum said:

Recently I do get some crash log related to this mod in 1.8 though:

The current version, while it does (mostly) work in 1.8, will have some issues. 
I'm currently working on (almost ready) a recompile for 1.8.x with a few fixes for 1.8 specific issues.
Should have that release out in the next day or two. Hopefully that will take care of that issue.

8 hours ago, katateochi said:

New release is out (1.2.0) for KSP 1.8.x
Recompile and fixes issues with some textures not appearing correctly, and a couple other minor fixes
Don't forget, you need to update the KXAPI dependency too. Use KXAPI 1.2.0 for KSP 1.8.x
Links to both on KerbalX

Some reason they aren't showing in CKAN yet, mine haven't got updated. I am going to manually install them until they show up on CKAN.

3 hours ago, therealcrow999 said:

Some reason they aren't showing in CKAN yet, mine haven't got updated. I am going to manually install them until they show up on CKAN.

I've submitted a pull request to update the CKAN info, but the good fellas at CKAN have to review all pull requests before they get merged and then the CKAN bot has to do it's thing. So give it a day or so and then it should show up (assuming I didn't bork my pull request!).

Just now, katateochi said:

I've submitted a pull request to update the CKAN info, but the good fellas at CKAN have to review all pull requests before they get merged and then the CKAN bot has to do it's thing. So give it a day or so and then it should show up (assuming I didn't bork my pull request!).

No worries, CKAN has been weird the last day or so with other mods. Thanks.

On 10/4/2018 at 11:05 AM, Lisias said:

Hi.

Now and then, my Editor UI became sluggish when loading a vessel using Craft Manager. Peeking on the KSP.Log, I found this:

[LOG 09:12:22.474] [CM] Loaded 106 craft from cache
[EXC 09:12:24.920] ArgumentException: GUILayout: Mismatched LayoutGroup.MouseDrag
        UnityEngine.GUILayoutUtility.BeginLayoutGroup (UnityEngine.GUIStyle style, UnityEngine.GUILayoutOption[] options, System.Type layoutType)
        UnityEngine.GUILayout.BeginHorizontal (UnityEngine.GUIContent content, UnityEngine.GUIStyle style, UnityEngine.GUILayoutOption[] options)
        UnityEngine.GUILayout.BeginHorizontal (UnityEngine.GUIStyle style, UnityEngine.GUILayoutOption[] options)
        KatLib.DryUIBase.section (KatLib.ContentNoArgs content)
        CraftManager.CMBrowser.draw_right_hand_section_single_select (Single scroll_width)
        CraftManager.CMBrowser.<draw_right_hand_section>m__15 (Single scroll_width)
        KatLib.DryUIBase.scroll (Vector2 scroll_pos, UnityEngine.GUIStyle scroll_style, Single scroll_width, Single scroll_height, KatLib.Content content)
        CraftManager.CMBrowser.<draw_right_hand_section>m__5 (Single inner_width)
        KatLib.DryUIBase.v_section (Single section_width, KatLib.Content content)
        CraftManager.CMBrowser.draw_right_hand_section (Single section_width)
        CraftManager.CMBrowser.<WindowContent>m__10 (Single inner_width)
        KatLib.DryUIBase.section (Single section_width, KatLib.Content content)
        CraftManager.CMBrowser.<WindowContent>m__0 ()
        KatLib.DryUIBase.v_section (KatLib.ContentNoArgs content)
        CraftManager.CMBrowser.WindowContent (Int32 win_id)
        CraftManager.CMUI.DrawWindow (Int32 window_id)
        UnityEngine.GUILayout+LayoutedWindow.DoWindow (Int32 windowID)
        UnityEngine.GUI.CallWindowDelegate (UnityEngine.WindowFunction func, Int32 id, Int32 instanceID, UnityEngine.GUISkin _skin, Int32 forceRect, Single width, Sin
[ERR 09:12:24.921] GUI Error: You are pushing more GUIClips than you are popping. Make sure they are balanced)

It's a known bug? There's something I can do to prevent this? This can be related to KK?

Hi there, I've just noticed the same EXC error in my logs - I've never seen this before (or so I believe) in all the time I've been using Craft Manager. I don't think I saw a response to this from before.

Anyone know what this error is doing? Seems to be problems interacting with the Unity engine? Currently running KSP 1.7.3 and 1.1.5 of this mod.

Here's the exception from my latest log:

[EXC 23:16:53.728] ArgumentException: GUILayout: Mismatched LayoutGroup.Repaint
	UnityEngine.GUILayoutUtility.BeginLayoutGroup (UnityEngine.GUIStyle style, UnityEngine.GUILayoutOption[] options, System.Type layoutType)
	UnityEngine.GUILayout.BeginHorizontal (UnityEngine.GUIContent content, UnityEngine.GUIStyle style, UnityEngine.GUILayoutOption[] options)
	UnityEngine.GUILayout.BeginHorizontal (UnityEngine.GUIStyle style, UnityEngine.GUILayoutOption[] options)
	CraftManager.CMBrowser.draw_right_hand_section_single_select (Single scroll_width)
	KatLib.DryUIBase.scroll (Vector2 scroll_pos, UnityEngine.GUIStyle scroll_style, Single scroll_width, Single scroll_height, KatLib.Content content)
	UnityEngine.GUI.CallWindowDelegate (UnityEngine.WindowFunction func, Int32 id, Int32 instanceID, UnityEngine.GUISkin _skin, Int32 forceRect, Single width, Single height, UnityEngine.GUIStyle style)
[ERR 23:16:53.729] GUI Error: You are pushing more GUIClips than you are popping. Make sure they are balanced)

Anyway, I tried re-installing the mod so we'll see if I keep seeing this issue. Thanks!

Edited by scottadges

3 hours ago, scottadges said:

Anyone know what this error is doing? Seems to be problems interacting with the Unity engine? Currently running KSP 1.7.3 and 1.1.5 of this mod.

The first error might suggest that it's something to do with my attempts at making it so you can drag the main craft list up and down with the mouse, as well as regular scrolling.

GUILayout: Mismatched LayoutGroup.MouseDrag

GUILayout: Mismatched LayoutGroup.Repaint

And that other error, is typical of having an open group without a close.  But the way I built it should mean that it's not possible to not have a close....so maybe it somehow exists that block before closing...?
At least the mouse drag error gives me some idea where to look. But I've not been able to repeat this error on my end so tricky to debug.

What happens in game as a consequence of the error, does the Craft Manager UI stop working when that happens?

6 minutes ago, katateochi said:

What happens in game as a consequence of the error, does the Craft Manager UI stop working when that happens?

So far, Craft Manager hasn't stopped/quit on me or shown other visible functional problems. It did seem to open slower around when I got the error, but front-end functionally seemed fine.

Also, I haven't seen that error again from my last session log, so I can't say it's reproduced itself. Maybe something random I was doing?

Edited by scottadges

Hey there, I got another one for ya :)

Not sure if it's exactly the same as before, but it looks pretty close. It also didn't seem to do anything noticeable to the UI. I saw it flash on screen (I've got debug exception logging on now) so I jumped over to my log and found this:

[EXC 21:14:14.597] ArgumentException: GUILayout: Mismatched LayoutGroup.MouseDrag
	UnityEngine.GUI.CallWindowDelegate (UnityEngine.WindowFunction func, Int32 id, Int32 instanceID, UnityEngine.GUISkin _skin, Int32 forceRect, Single width, Single height, UnityEngine.GUIStyle style)

Specifically, I had just clicked on the sorting to "Updated" and left it at "Down" then scrolled to the bottom of the list. Then I clicked on a couple of the oldest craft (bottom) and moused over the slider bar to go up a little. That's when I noticed this Exception pop in.

Hopefully this gives some context. Let me know if I can answer any other question!

Edited by scottadges

• 4 weeks later...

Yes, I see that for a split second and then the screen I posted.

Firefox 70.0.1 if that makes a difference.

EDIT: It does make a difference...  Chrome, Edge, even Internet Exploder all work ok. 

Edited by tg626

37 minutes ago, tg626 said:

Yes, I see that for a split second and then the screen I posted.

Firefox 70.0.1 if that makes a difference.

EDIT: It does make a difference...  Chrome, Edge, even Internet Exploder all work ok. 

Ah cross browser compatibility. Not as big an issue as it used to be but sometimes...

Thing is that those "working" browsers don't rely on HTML web standards very strictly.
They got experimental features to be "different".

Firefox does "somehow" rely on HTML web standards.
But the Firefox devs did banana mainstream hugging the last years.

I use a browser that is very strict. Many websites are bullying my browser (user agent discrimination) but I don't give up.
FYI, it's Pale Moon.

• 1 month later...

Hi @katateochi - while I was debugging something for DasValdez I noticed that Craft Manager is throwing a bunch of exceptions in the Main Menu.

It looks like you are initialising the path before Awake() - which used to just throw a warning, but now throws an exception instead - it brought the Main Menu to a crawl for me.

It's probably this line: https://github.com/Sujimichi/CraftManager/blob/a67dd0a7753091a9df0d5cf88b23fed35813b432/CraftManager.cs#L45

https://imgur.com/64QxFrY64QxFrY.png

• 3 weeks later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.