Shower thoughts

p1t1o

So I recently realised that there is no such thing as bird milk and that birds dont have nipples.

I am objectively aware that this is not necessarily surprising, especially if you know even the smallest amount about birds, but for some reason the realisation came upon me suddenly and its a weird concept to hold in my head.

You've probably never thought about "bird milk" before, but is that because you are consciously aware that it cant exist, or merely because you've never thought about it until now?

Edited by p1t1o

Almost every day, unfortunately shower thoughts usually don't stay with me long.  I'm pretty sure I've solved world hunger, I just don't remember how.

I'll be back here, I'm sure...

This is a false statement.

Does AI have consciousness? Like, Mario-playing AI, not super advanced robots.

Moon landing Hoax conspiracies are good, because otherwise people wouldn't be talking about the Apollo Project anymore.

1 hour ago, p1t1o said:

Anyone else have any intrusively odd thoughts lately?

what if our solar system is nothing more than a giant Oxygen atom with an extra electron...?

1 hour ago, Geonovast said:

Almost every day, unfortunately shower thoughts usually don't stay with me long.  I'm pretty sure I've solved world hunger, I just don't remember how.

I'll be back here, I'm sure...

With a Di Journo Pizza, of course. And yes, I am pretty sure you'll be back.

1 hour ago, Earthlinger said:

If the genocide of a million saves ten times that number, is it justified?

Mine are probably be kinda deep/morbid guys

Just warning... :P

No. genocide is NEVER justified. There are always other solutions.

4 minutes ago, adsii1970 said:

what if our solar system is nothing more than a giant Oxygen atom with an extra electron...?

ive often thought we could be nothing more than a "grow your own space system in a jar" someones grandma has in her closet and forgotten about. *plz dont shake us*

Edited by invision

1 minute ago, Ultimate Steve said:

What if genies were a real thing until someone wished for them not to exist anymore?

Spooky.

Anyone else sometimes theorizes how to make a thing in the shower? Like basically design stuff in your mind like a spider robot for instance?

Also randomly looked at bodyparts and thought oh my god that looks kinda funny thinking about it.....

5 minutes ago, adsii1970 said:

1 minute ago, invision said:

ive often thought we could be nothing more than a "grow your own space system in a jar" someones grandma has in her closet and forgotten about. *plz dont shake us*

My version of this - it seems like it could be a common trope? - is that the observable universe might be an elementary particle in some larger, uber-universe. Our universe might be taking part in a chemical reaction right now. Maybe we are being emmited as part of an alpha-particle along with several other complete universes making up the other parts.

9 minutes ago, adsii1970 said:

Then this would be a very negative universe indeed.

What would the asteroids be though?

37 minutes ago, invision said:

Maybe that's exactly what we need... or open the galactic jar and stick the vacuum cleaner hose into it, hit the power button :D

33 minutes ago, p1t1o said:

My version of this - it seems like it could be a common trope? - is that the observable universe might be an elementary particle in some larger, uber-universe. Our universe might be taking part in a chemical reaction right now. Maybe we are being emmited as part of an alpha-particle along with several other complete universes making up the other parts.

I think it is. It probably dates back to some dead ancient Greek philosopher... Just sayin'

30 minutes ago, qzgy said:

Then this would be a very negative universe indeed.

What would the asteroids be though?

That's easy... subatomic particles.

29 minutes ago, StrandedonEarth said:

The entire universe could just be the “jam” under some giant’s toenail....

How...how do you get jam...under your toenail?

5 hours ago, qzgy said:

Spooky.

Anyone else sometimes theorizes how to make a thing in the shower? Like basically design stuff in your mind like a spider robot for instance?

Also randomly looked at bodyparts and thought oh my god that looks kinda funny thinking about it.....

Spiderbot.

14 hours ago, adsii1970 said:

No. genocide is NEVER justified. There are always other solutions.

It was a theoretical scenario. If something similar happened in the real world, obviously there would be other solutions, but in a hypothetical world where there are only those two options, which one would be the 'right' one?

7 hours ago, Earthlinger said:

It was a theoretical scenario. If something similar happened in the real world, obviously there would be other solutions, but in a hypothetical world where there are only those two options, which one would be the 'right' one?

Its easy to re-phrase a question to make one option the only logical answer by making the *only* other option worse, anyone can do that.

Would you rather see your daughter murdered or both your wife and daughter murdered, which is the "right" choice?

If you restrain the question so severely yes, you can force people to say awful things.

In reality, its not like there is *always* another option, it would be silly to assume such an absolute. I imagine there have been times in the world, over the years, where people have had to make such decisions, but people are generally highly motivated to look very hard for other options so luckily, it doesnt come up very often.

But if you have to force an answer, sure, genociding a million is not as bad as genociding ten million, in such simple terms.