Shower thoughts

p1t1o

3 minutes ago, LordFerret said:

There is money to be made here.  Think about it.  Space souvenirs.

I wonder how much a soiled napkin would go for?

likely a negative price, that is, you'd have to pay someone for them to take it

Edited by Guest

5 minutes ago, Aperture Science said:

likely a negative price, that is, you'd have to pay someone for them to take it.

Considering there are people in this world who, for example, collect celebrity urine (of all things) ... I think there's an untapped market here.  Astronauts are celebrities, right?

Edit:
And then there's this...
https://people.com/food/urine-beer-belgian-researchers/

So, like,  'Space Beer'

Why not?... we've already got 'Civet Coffee'

Life... this world... it's just full of potential !  :lol:

Edited by LordFerret

3 minutes ago, LordFerret said:

Considering there are people in this world who, for example, collect celebrity urine (of all things) ... I think there's an untapped market here.  Astronauts are celebrities, right?

I don't know. I think there's way too few people that could be actually interested in this kind of stuff, making actually selling it somewhat difficult. Because of the little amount of demand, you're not going to be able to make an actually (profit-wise) decent price. You'll end up wasting more getting to a place and collecting items and then getting back, later delivering it than you'll be getting back from selling it for, in the most ideal scenario imo, a few dollars. If you charge the guy more than that he'll just lose interest since there's not many people that would be willing to buy for the desired price instead of him, so he wouldn't be really missing out on this.

13 minutes ago, LordFerret said:

There is money to be made here.  Think about it.  Space souvenirs.

I wonder how much a soiled napkin would go for?

Cleaning out all of our old stuff in anticipation of moving this summer-ish. I discovered that in the boxes of old memorabilia I have saved in the office closet I had a souvenir map of Epcot Center from when I was stationed in Orlando in 1987 (which just happened to be the original printing from when Epcot opened in 1982.) Sold it to a guy on EBay for $30. One man's trash is another man's treasure....

• 2 weeks later...

You dont need an uppercase character and a number in your password to make it secure, you only need the option of using them...so finicky password conditions are total BS?

By stipulating that you HAVE to have an uppercase or a symbol or whatever, thats actually removing a huge number of possible passwords from the pool, making brute-force hacks significantly easier.

Is that right? Am I missing something?

Edited by p1t1o

32 minutes ago, p1t1o said:

You dont need an uppercase character and a number in your password to make it secure, you only need the option of using them...so finicky password conditions are total BS?

By stipulating that you HAVE to have an uppercase or a symbol or whatever, thats actually removing a huge number of possible passwords from the pool, making brute-force hacks significantly easier.

Is that right? Am I missing something?

It's better to use a long, easy to remember code than any random 8-digit BS any site makes you put up with.

Password Strength

(https://xkcd.com/936/)

2 hours ago, cubinator said:

If everybody would just calm the **** down, we'd probably be ok. 

Hahaha nope, that's not happening~ but hey, all of humanity will suffer as one, so it's cool.

20 hours ago, kerbiloid said:

Don't spend your money on fake placebos, buy only true placebos from our company!

wait

In theory a fake placebo would be actual medicine, wouldn't it?