Shower thoughts

p1t1o

1 hour ago, Mad Rocket Scientist said:

I feel like there's a 90% chance that you were reacting to the show as intended.

A lot of reality TV seems intended for people to laugh at the dumb decisions of the people on the show.

On 4/24/2019 at 2:57 PM, qzgy said:

Thats sounds.. exactly how to manipulate and create a toxic relationship. Why is this a thing?

On a slightly related note, do you have any actual useful dating advice/stories?

Allow your boyfriend to set the agenda sometimes. Maybe half the time. You can get your way the other half. Or maybe you both want to do something sometimes.

If you do not like what he's wearing, tough. Maybe you're too shallow to date someone who doesn't match your standards.

If you don't like his friends, you don't have to hang out with them. Same with him and your friends.

If you don't want to go out on Friday night, tell him. He may feel the same way.

If you don't like his friends (i.e. the people he likes), think what are you doing wrong that he likes you enough much to include you in his jerk squad.

Let him set the agenda to let him feel his stupidity himself.

If you don't like what he's wearing, explain him that it's the only reason why you let him take it off.

Edited by kerbiloid

Be yourself, dont try to be better or different in order to attract a partner. You cant maintain it indefinitely and it will cause friction. On top of that, you are hiding your true self from them so they cant make their decision properly either.

Let them be themselves, dont try to change them. If you are not compatible, you are not compatible. Like them for who they are, not who you wish they were.

Relationships dont really count before the age of around 23-24. Sorry, but thats true.

The age at which a person loses their virginity does not affect anything. a-n-y-t-h-i-n-g.

Breakups hurt. There is no way to breakup that doesnt. No right way to do it. If you need to breakup, just get it over with.

But if you only take away one thing, let this be it: communication is the key to everything. talk. say what you mean. tell them what you want. ask them what you need to know. Like the clothing thing, thats a problem for yourselves.

Don't say him the truth. Just notice that his car is too large.

4 hours ago, p1t1o said:

Relationships dont really count before the age of around 23-24

since the first date.

4 hours ago, p1t1o said:

The age at which a person loses their virginity does not affect anything. a-n-y-t-h-i-n-g.

And be thankful to the person who had done all hard work for you.
Age detector. Teenagers will think, it's a joke.

Edited by kerbiloid

2 hours ago, kerbiloid said:

And be thankful to the person who had done all hard work for you.

My wife does say that when she meets my first wife in the afterlife she's going to profusely thank her for working out all of my issues for her.

On 4/26/2019 at 5:24 PM, TheSaint said:

My wife does say that when she meets my first wife in the afterlife she's going to profusely thank her for working out all of my issues for her.

3 - count'em - 3 of my ex-girlfriend's immediately met and married the love of their lives after breaking up with me.

Its a gift I have.

But I dont think I worked out anyones issues for them, might have added a couple :D

5 hours ago, p1t1o said:

3 - count'em - 3 of my ex-girlfriend's immediately met and married the love of their lives after breaking up with me.

Its a gift I have.

But I dont think I worked out anyones issues for them, might have added a couple :D

Well, I can only think of one ex that I drove screaming into the arms of matrimony. (At least that I know of.) Oddly enough, she married a good friend of mine, and I'm still in touch with them almost 30 years later. She made the right call. :)

2 hours ago, KerbMav said:

Ahm ... would you like to date me for a while?

Maybe it works one more time ... xD

If I was still doing the online dating thing, I'd actually add it to my profile

I honestly wish I could offer that service, I actually think I'd get a lot of business :D

Fresh shower thought

eSports

Being expert at one game is so....not "e"

The REAL test of a TRUE gamer?

They should have mysetry game for every competition.

Competitors would have to train a variety of games and skills in order to have a chance?

Oh? Your reflex-jerk FPS aiming is pixel perfect?

Too bad, I hope you know how to train a MyLittlePony.

Clicks per minute are off the scale?

Well...actually you might do ok, its DinerDash this year.

Software is not football, or physical exertion, you can [quite literally] "game" it. Learn the intricacies of the program in and out. Then it just becomes an exercise in who can memorise enough of it and click with fine enough accuracy. A boring comparison. Besides, games come and go, you'd have to retrain eventually anyway. Its not like the javelin is going to be replaced next year with a sequel, eSports are different and should BE different.

That is all.

5 minutes ago, p1t1o said:

eSports

Being expert at one game is so....not "e"

The REAL test of a TRUE gamer?

So, have an eSports decathlon! From CoD to Civ to Starcraft to Tetris to SMB!

”Ready, Player One!”

Edited by StrandedonEarth

8 minutes ago, StrandedonEarth said:

So, have an eSports decathlon! From CoD to Civ to Starcraft to Tetris to SMB!

”Ready, Player One!”

Actually I was thinking....well I was browsing steam and I was like "there are a flipping TON of games that I cant even tell what they ARE let alone recognise them! I wonder if Im missing gems that I would never otherwise notice?"

Like literally pick a random title from ALL games (or some very large subset).

Eg:

Lets do a quick random search of steam...

I typed in randpom word "doors" and picked page 3 of search results.

First coherent title (that wasnt a DLC or a cheap mobile nothing) called "Command Ops 2: Knock on all doors Vol.6"

Take a look, how good at it would you be if you picked it up right now and launched a campaign game?

No manual

No practice

No tutorial (or maybe yes tutorial, but that time counts)

Yes, dealing with bugs and crashes would be part of it.

How good is your "Force restart/Reload Savegame" game? How often do you regularly save? How often is optimal?

Its be SO much more interesting.

8 hours ago, p1t1o said:

Software is not football, or physical exertion, you can [quite literally] "game" it. Learn the intricacies of the program in and out. Then it just becomes an exercise in who can memorise enough of it and click with fine enough accuracy.

Sounds like speedcubing. I barely think when doing a speedsolve, I just watch and tell my hands which patterns to do.

It'd be really fantastic to see someone who could play a game like VVVVVV perfectly the first time they'd ever seen it.

9 hours ago, p1t1o said:

While watching the Great British Baking Show (and no I wasn't in the shower) I had an idea for a computer tech show where X contestants are each given a computer with various things wrong and they have so much time to achieve some task, like say install Firefox off of the Internet when the power is unplugged, there's some startup script that just dumps you at a command prompt, the network cable is severed and there's a hosts file that sends everything to 127.0.0.1

The big problem with a show like that is baking is fun to watch. Computer repair not so much.

25 minutes ago, 5thHorseman said:

While watching the Great British Baking Show (and no I wasn't in the shower) I had an idea for a computer tech show where X contestants are each given a computer with various things wrong and they have so much time to achieve some task, like say install Firefox off of the Internet when the power is unplugged, there's some startup script that just dumps you at a command prompt, the network cable is severed and there's a hosts file that sends everything to 127.0.0.1

The big problem with a show like that is baking is fun to watch. Computer repair not so much.

I think it would be more fun to make a show where you have ordinary people trying to do things on computers and you throw random weird computer events at them, like bugs crawling across the screen or smoke coming out of the chassis, and you capture the whole thing on hidden cameras. Like Candid Camera for the 21st Century. But you'd never get away with it these days, it seems like everyone lost their sense of humor about 3 years ago.

There so many stories involving a pair of cops where one of the cops is a robot:  iRobot, the caves of steel, detroit become human, blade runner, ghost in the shell, robocop, that holodeck epsiode of TNG

It even has a TVtropes page https://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/AndroidsAndDetectives

Edited by DAL59

19 minutes ago, StrandedonEarth said:

GoT what huh?

The magic anachronistic coffee cup, brought in by the mystical time-travelling hipster.

GoTh spoiler caution.

Spoiler

30j5q7.jpg

Coming soon (a spoiler, too)

Spoiler

Daenerys-Drogon-Official.jpg&c=sc&w=736&

Spoiler

"DRACARYS !!!"
article-2295406-18C32D16000005DC-961_634

Spoiler

1273afcde0e0e94ef1e0767fb7e011ecfc6af21d

Spoiler

"...(burp)..."

cersei-1024x575.jpg

Spoiler

main-qimg-80184464a453555858b99aab1b84e7

Spoiler

gif-explosion-57.gif

Spoiler

dragon-bone.jpg

Spoiler

23770da0-226f-4ea1-8c44-8111aa594915-scr

Spoiler

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQfNAszoD14VulAOlgk2ps

Edited by kerbiloid

19 minutes ago, Kernel Kraken said:

how to get over the crippling anxiety of asking someone out?

As I understand it the usual procedure is to get suitably drunk first...