Shower thoughts

p1t1o

2 hours ago, StrandedonEarth said:

Earth is just a breadcrumb that found itself in conditions too warm and too wet for too long, so life started growing all over it like a mould

That would imply panspermia. The back seat of my wife's car would support that hypothesis.

Every planet is going to be beautiful to the beings that evolve on it. 

Your senses find differences in things so you can tell them apart, know which are dangerous and which are helpful, and the like. So whatever your environment has, your senses are going to evolve to perceive variations and differences in it. For example, it's believed that primates have color vision so we can tell ripe fruit from unripe, and the like, so we have that to thank for the fact that we can see rainbows. When every race looks at its native planet, therefore, they're going to see a variety of colors and smells and tastes and stuff. and it's going to seem like a rich environment stuffed full of interesting things. 

8 hours ago, STORMPILOTkerbalkind said:

Why is the alphabet in the order it is in now?

qwertyuiopasdfghjklzxcvbnm?

Archaic thinking: "Alphabet from A to Z".
Modern thinking: "Alphabet from Q to M" (well, afaik, in French from A to M).

Alternative Math | Short Film

They boy and his parents are right.
The "+" operator is not clearly defined, as well as the literal types.
Maybe it's a concatenation of string literals, or the additive operator is redefined to perform the concatenation of string representation of integer values?
That's the problem of the teachers, they follow archaic thinking which lacks the modern technological realities.
The teacher should first ask the boy if he is meaning the string concatenation or considers the additive operator being redefined. Also how does he define the literal delimiters.  

10 hours ago, VoidSquid said:

"Who controls the past controls the future. Who controls the present controls the past."

That's how they invented the future-in-the-past tense.

Perfect continuous tense: "I'm feeling perfect, and this keeps continuing."
Past perfect tense: "It was perfect, but it's a pity, it's gone."
Present indefinite tense: "I have no idea, what the (thing) happens here."

Edited by kerbiloid

3 hours ago, TheSaint said:

Satire is obsolete.

Donatien Alphonse, on the other hand, has never been so in vogue - he found an important role on Software Development.

On 3/9/2021 at 12:14 AM, cubinator said:

Light goes SO FAST.

what makes light so special that it can go the speed of light?

And also pink might be blue to you, but you've been taught that that's called blue all of your life so you wouldn't think "Huh, why's the sky pink?"

(or with any other 2 colors)

7 minutes ago, JIMMY_the_DOG said:

So then that means it is possible to go the speed of light, you just have to not have mass, which is a stunt that isnt in the rulebook...

Yeah. That's actually the idea behind certain warp drives. If you find some kind of material that has negative mass, you can gather up enough of it to exactly cancel out the mass of your spaceship, then you can go however fast you want. Unfortunately we've never found anything with negative mass.

Things with very low mass, like electrons  and neutrinos, go almost the speed of light. And light actually gets slowed down when it has to pass through electric fields like those in materials - so light goes at about 75% c in water, but neutrinos still like to go at 99.99% c, and they actually beat the light wave in a race through water. They especially beat light out of exploding stars, so when we see extra neutrinos coming from somewhere in the sky we know to point our telescopes over there within a couple hours to watch a star explode visually.

9 hours ago, StrandedonEarth said:

How hot does it have to get for Bohemian Rhapsody?

Have you not heard that song?!   That’s the temperature you feel when your spouse decides to flush the toilet while you’re in the shower “OH MOMMA MIA, Let me go!”

16 minutes ago, Gargamel said:

Have you not heard that song?!   That’s the temperature you feel when your spouse decides to flush the toilet while you’re in the shower “OH MOMMA MIA, Let me go!”

But  this part:

Beelzebub has a devil put aside for me, for me,
For meee

Is more like boiling water in the lap