Shower thoughts

p1t1o

What would a type 6 civilization look like? What is your technology? How is society? What if their interferences were indistinguishable from natural phenomena across the universe? What if they are among us? Are they gods? ...

Edited by Lo.M

On 3/3/2021 at 6:35 AM, adsii1970 said:

I'm afraid I disagree. Don't get me wrong, it is a really strong force...

But there is something out there far more sinister. It's that plastic device that holds the bottles of sodas together when you buy them at the store. And they are "smart plastic." Whenever you try to break a bottle free, it takes a pair of scissors, bolt cutters, or any other sharp utility tool. But there are those that as soon as you pick them up out of your car to take inside, the "smart plastic" decides - at that exact moment - to allow the bottles to break free from its grasp and fall to the ground.

I disagree further.

Spoiler

62cfa52d873fb4ef352f5d960622b49a.jpg

On 3/13/2021 at 7:59 PM, Spaceman.Spiff said:

Why can’t the water stay warm for longer?

Reveal hidden contents

wE caN LAnd oN aNOtHeR plAneT bUt I cAnT haVE wArM wATeR. 

Maybe everyone should have an RTG for bath/shower warming like in the Martian. 

Nope, why have the chance of being able to glow in the dark when you can get a tankless hot water heater that heats water on demand.

22 hours ago, Kernel Kraken said:

Come to think of it, why do Sith lords name themselves the dumbest things. 

Sith Lords do not name themselves. They are named by the Sith Master who recruits them. Anakin Skywalker was given the name of Darth Vader by Darth Sidious. He, (Darth Sidious) was given his name by his master, Darth Plaguies.

And originally this tradition was born in the ordinary, anonymous school, where the first future Sith Master was being trolled by classmates for his infatuation with Harry Potter and extrasensory.
In his fanfics he named himself "The Dart Thrower", or "Darthrower", so he received the nickname "Darth Crazy", and so the tradition began.

Now, this is an actual shower thought I just got... Bear with me, okay?

It's some sort of live show where two people or small teams argue for and against completely mundane and irrelevant opinions in the ridiculous style of a Phoenix Wright-esque court trial (or a UK parliament session) and at the end, the audience votes for the team they thought was more persuasive.  You'd choose the subjects to make sure there is no bias and that there are no consequences for picking one side over another.

I can't stop smiling over this, I'd gladly watch something like that, just for fun. I'm probably not even the first person to think of something like this, perhaps something like this already existed at some point? Wouldn't be a surprise to me, frankly.

23 hours ago, Delay said:

Now, this is an actual shower thought I just got... Bear with me, okay?

It's some sort of live show where two people or small teams argue for and against completely mundane and irrelevant opinions in the ridiculous style of a Phoenix Wright-esque court trial (or a UK parliament session) and at the end, the audience votes for the team they thought was more persuasive.  You'd choose the subjects to make sure there is no bias and that there are no consequences for picking one side over another.

I can't stop smiling over this, I'd gladly watch something like that, just for fun. I'm probably not even the first person to think of something like this, perhaps something like this already existed at some point? Wouldn't be a surprise to me, frankly.

Jeremy Clarkson
Simon Cowell
Bill Maher

On 3/16/2021 at 8:27 PM, adsii1970 said:

Sith Lords do not name themselves. They are named by the Sith Master who recruits them. Anakin Skywalker was given the name of Darth Vader by Darth Sidious. He, (Darth Sidious) was given his name by his master, Darth Plaguies.

Alright, why do Sith Masters give their apprentices the dumbest stupid names? Why not "Darth Super Powerful Guy"? 

10 hours ago, Kernel Kraken said:

Alright, why do Sith Masters give their apprentices the dumbest stupid names? Why not "Darth Super Powerful Guy"? 

To make the apprentice know his place.

3 hours ago, Superfluous J said:

Because they live in a universe where "Count Dooku" is a perfectly viable name for a powerful villain.

In Transylvania?

As Alpha Centauri is a physically double star, ...

"They said, there will be a bright light at the end of the tunnel...."
"Wait... I see it! Do I?.."
"Yes, it's definitely a light... The light."
"Oh, my, I'm approaching, soon I can see it so close!"
"But wait... What's that? Are there two lights?"
"Yes, two lights. It's a tunnel fork. Two ends, two lights..."
"And..."
"STOP! STOP ! I'M RUNNING IN BETWEEEEENNN!!!11..."

Edited by kerbiloid

4 hours ago, kerbiloid said:

As Alpha Centauri is a physically double star, ...

"They said, there will be a bright light at the end of the tunnel...."
"Wait... I see it! Do I?.."
"Yes, it's definitely a light... The light."
"Oh, my, I'm approaching, soon I can see it so close!"
"But wait... What's that? Are there two lights?"
"Yes, two lights. It's a tunnel fork. Two ends, two lights..."
"And..."
"STOP! STOP ! I'M RUNNING IN BETWEEEEENNN!!!11..."

You see, the Common Center of Mass on a twin star system big enough should be a pretty cozy place for a O'Neill Cillinder or other similar huge space station...