Shower thoughts

p1t1o

51 minutes ago, Dientus said:

why would anyone want to make one from the fat of an arctic animal which most, if any at all, had never seen or heard of at that time?

I just get laughed every time when I see in every second movie somebody sitting surrounded with an army of candles.

So why not go deeper.

I think it funny when in a movie they come to some thousand year old temple and everything is ready to light and does, and all the ancient traps work perfectly as designed.

I'm gonna wash that grey right out of my hair. (insert tune here)

And it's also wonderful, how did the ancient Egyptians know what machine-gun ammo put into a sarcophag.

Isn't it the evidence of their prophetic wisdom?.

2 minutes ago, Stormpilot said:

Do bees burp?

Of course. And you eat it, calling their vomit "honey".

23 minutes ago, Stormpilot said:

Figs are pollinated when a wasp flies into one, gets trapped, and dies.

Reveal hidden contents

Why? Why? Why?

This is nowhere near the most baffling role of wasps in an ecosystem.

1 minute ago, cubinator said:

This is nowhere near the most baffling role of wasps in an ecosystem.

Yeah. Honestly there annoying (and painful sometimes) but they do a lot to the ecosystem that bees seem to have the spotlight for.

3 minutes ago, Stormpilot said:

Yeah. Honestly there annoying (and painful sometimes) but they do a lot to the ecosystem that bees seem to have the spotlight for.

Usually people think mainly of yellowjackets when thinking about wasps. But there are over 20000 described species and probably one for every other species of insect. If you learn to identify them, you'll find that a lot of the random bugs you see outside are actually wasps of various types. They tend to be pretty harmless.

Edited by cubinator

Does no one worry that the Antman movies kept mixing up the 2 sorts of ways to shrink and grow?

If you are more dense and strong when you shrink then you should still weigh the same but in a smaller area, and when you grow much larger you should weigh the same but over a much wider area and so should much weaker and be almost balloon like. Or if it is the remove matter to shrink and add matter to grow version, then should be light and weak when shrunk and heavy and strong when grow.

9 hours ago, ColdJ said:

Does no one worry that the Antman movies kept mixing up the 2 sorts of ways to shrink and grow?

If you are more dense and strong when you shrink then you should still weigh the same but in a smaller area, and when you grow much larger you should weigh the same but over a much wider area and so should much weaker and be almost balloon like. Or if it is the remove matter to shrink and add matter to grow version, then should be light and weak when shrunk and heavy and strong when grow.

They explained a clear set of rules in the first movie and then immediately broke them. I never had high expectations in this regard after that (although the movie itself is quite fun)

9 hours ago, ColdJ said:

Compare to Pratchett's

https://wiki.lspace.org/mediawiki/Wee_Mad_Arthur

Despite of his shrunk size (can fit on a bird's back), has a kick strength of an strong man (and uses that often).
Eats per year as much as a normal guard per  week (but drinks per week as much as a normal guard per year). 

4 minutes ago, kerbiloid said:

Compare to Pratchett's

https://wiki.lspace.org/mediawiki/Wee_Mad_Arthur

Despite of his shrunk size (can fit on a bird's back), has a kick strength of an strong man (and uses that often).
Eats per year as much as a normal guard per  week (but drinks per week as much as a normal guard per year). 

Never could get into The Terry Pratchett books, though strangely I like the tele movies. That person is in a magic world. In a physics world it is either space between atoms or the adding and subtraction of matter.

16 hours ago, Dientus said:

Standing there I can't help but wonder, am I not aggressive enough? I am so different now than I was just 20 years ago, but is it better or worse?

If you have gained wisdom then you are better. Aggression rarely works out well.