Shower thoughts

p1t1o

Spoiler

Total Recall miniMartian Reactor Start Button | Etsy

OK, the classics.
OK, the water.
OK, the air...

Air? Wait... What air?

Say, oxy. Say, carbon. Say, the perchlo.

Say, nitro... Nitro? What nitro? 
Just poor traces of nitro on Mars.

How did this not result into a oxyhalogenide mix of gases making the whole Martian surface burn in a panplanetary firestorm?

Educated people know that the Earth is a ball moving around the Sun in an ellipse.

Illiterate people believe that the Earth is a projection of a 2d circle on a 3d space, expanded in the perpendicular direction, along the so-called "polar axis", and the Sun is moving around it in a perturbated epicycloid.

13 hours ago, kerbiloid said:

epicycloid

This should be in the "Words fun to say" thread :)

I wonder if you took 8 flat people and put 1 of each on a plane leaving from a central spot, with each plane flying away on 1 of the 8 directions of the compass so that they all met again at the end of the journey at the same spot. What the plausible explanation would be?

9 hours ago, ColdJ said:

I wonder if you took 8 flat people and put 1 of each on a plane leaving from a central spot, with each plane flying away on 1 of the 8 directions of the compass so that they all met again at the end of the journey at the same spot. What the plausible explanation would be?

That the plane was a hologram.

There are at least two (2) kinds of worlds.

1. those in which "Any of my search term words" is the default
  2. those in which "All of my search term words" is the default

The last time I was having a shower, I was wondering whether it would be better to post this in "Shower Thoughts" or in "Thread to discuss negative things in a very general way, just see where it goes y'know?"  Truthfully, I have no idea...

3. Why wouldn't people living in world type #1 just get a moving truck and move to world type #2?

Edited by Hotel26

2 hours ago, Admiral Fluffy said:

There is no such thing as extra-curricular activity in space.

Okay, not meaning to be rude here, but as someone with a bit of brain damage, sometimes, during a bad migraine attack, I sometimes forget words. Last week, in the middle of a world civ lecture, I could not think of the word, "superstitious." And, in usual fashion, I made a joke out of it.

The way I read that post is what you meant was "extra-vehicular activity" or EVA.

It's all good. :)

It isn't exactly a shower thought, but it was an after school conversation my soon-to-be eleven year-old daughter and I had. 

Dad, if each planet were an ice cream flavor... And with that, we came up with a list. Not all of these heavenly bodies are planets, but it was fun. 

The Sun: Ghost Pepper flavored

Mercury: Black cherry and Dutch chocolate

Venus: Blue raspberry (sherbet)

Earth: Rocky road

Mars: Pumpkin spice

Jupiter: Coffee/mocha chocolate

Saturn: English toffee and vanilla bean

Uranus: Pistachio

Neptune: Blue cotton candy flavored

It was fun and we had to get a little creative. We even had to go to some websites of grocery stores to make sure the flavors were legitimate.

So... What would some of your ice cream flavors be to represent the solar system?

13 hours ago, Admiral Fluffy said:

There is no such thing as extra-curricular activity in space.

Actually, unless you are in Astronaut school then all things you do in space (while you are attending an educational institution) are Extra-Curricular activities.

10 hours ago, adsii1970 said:

So... What would some of your ice cream flavors be to represent the solar system?

Well, my taste in icecream is more bland so the following.

The Sun: Blood Orange.

Mercury: Chocolate Vanilla Swirl.

Venus: LemonLime.

Earth: Rainbow sorbet

Mars: Jaffa

Jupiter: Caramel with a flake chocolate bar pushed into it.

Saturn: Lemon Cheesecake.

Uranus: Coconut.

Neptune: Blue Peppermint.

Pluto: Cookies and cream.

My.Very.Energetic.Mother.Just.Swept.Up.Near.Pluto.

1 hour ago, TheSaint said:

Oh, dude, are you not informed? They eat rock lobster.

Ahhh, but that is what they eat when they under the dock. In the 5:22 long album version of Love Shack, at 4:45 in he say's "Your What!" and she replies "Tiiiiiiiiiiiiin Roof Rusty" or for our purposes "Tiiiiiiiiiin Roof Sundae"
:D

If attach the Ingenuity to the Perseverance with a copper wire, this will not just help to pull back the copter if it's lost, but will also allow to use ingenuity as a hundreds-meter long flying antenna to communicate with Earth directly.

Also next time they should try a kite.