Shower thoughts

p1t1o

On 9/27/2021 at 12:13 PM, AtomicTech said:

I hate going into my class early and finding the oddest possible club there.

I call it,

Atomikku's Law of Educational Early Arrival

Last week I stayed in the empty classroom to study after it was done and ended up sitting in on a class I'm not in for fun.

They say that the military salute (when they touch the cap with fingers) originates from the medieval times, when the knights were raising the helmet visors to show each other's face as a greeting.

But most of the medieval helmets were too cheap and primitive to have a visor.

But probably yes. They were knocking the steel helmet with the steel glove fingers to salute each other with a jingle.

1 hour ago, Admiral Fluffy said:

Could i get into an aerospace engineering school, with my only qualifier being my experience in KSP?

Well, the whole point of an aerospace engineering program would be to teach you aerospace engineering, not to require that you know aerospace engineering before you enter it. So, my guess is, all that would be required of you is a certain aptitude in math.

7 hours ago, Admiral Fluffy said:

Could i get into an aerospace engineering school, with my only qualifier being my experience in KSP?

Not with that alone, but a good knowledge of math and science are a good base, and good grades in school.

7 hours ago, TheSaint said:

Well, the whole point of an aerospace engineering program would be to teach you aerospace engineering, not to require that you know aerospace engineering before you enter it. So, my guess is, all that would be required of you is a certain aptitude in math.

And especially they hate the phrase "But it works in KSP!"

44 minutes ago, TheSaint said:

Especially when it's true.

This picture automatically sends the candidate into permanent ban.

They  already see it in nightmares.

P.S.
And btw, @Admiral Fluffy, as a plan B you can try a chance in Navy with Subnautica.

P.P.S.
It worked with MS Flight Simulator and some our old navigation project, why shouldn't here.

Edited by kerbiloid

You know, Buzz Aldrin's doctoral thesis was on orbital rendezvous. He was working all this stuff out when it was pencil and paper and slide rule. I honestly wonder what he thinks of Kerbal Space Program.

1 hour ago, ColdJ said:

I notice that time spent at NASA actually started to slowy degrade your knowledge before you started playing KSP. :)

Oh, that's from XKCD. I don't work at NASA. I didn't even sleep at a Holiday Inn Express last night. :D

11 hours ago, TheSaint said:

You know, Buzz Aldrin's doctoral thesis was on orbital rendezvous. He was working all this stuff out when it was pencil and paper and slide rule. I honestly wonder what he thinks of Kerbal Space Program.

"If I had toy Kerbals, I could make a virtual crew."