Shower thoughts

p1t1o

17 hours ago, StrandedonEarth said:

I think I’ll make this old measuring tool into a sword or dagger. I shall call it….

Hide contents

Ex-Caliper :cool:

I have some broken ones I could donate.  

but yes, my eye twitched a bit at this one. 

EDIT:    Just ran over to a coworker with my broken calipers and made this joke.     His eye twitched too.  

Edited by Gargamel

1 hour ago, Gargamel said:

but yes, my eye twitched a bit at this one. 

EDIT:    Just ran over to a coworker with my broken calipers and made this joke.     His eye twitched too.  

6 minutes ago, Gargamel said:

I just got yelled at for running around the shop wielding the 50” (~1.5m) calipers yelling. “I am Sir measure-a-lot!”

59867554.jpg

So... I have most of my shower thoughts  at work.   My job can be very detailed and technical, but often tedious and mundane.  

Listening to Bill Bryson’s “A Short History of Nearly Everything”.  Delightfully excellent book, if it is ~25 years out of date, and would be enjoyed by just about everybody on here. 

Listening to the part about Halley, Newton, Principia, and gravity while I’m tossing around 20kg lumps of steel.     I start thinking about how the Earth Is pulling down on the steel, and I can feel them get heavier.  

I look down at my feet and yell out “Quit pulling you —-!  You’re making this harder!”   Notice a coworker looking over and giving me a weird look.  

Unrelated to the previous two posts, but I just finished reading Carl Sagan's Pale Blue Dot. I'm not sure how many tim s I've read it over the years, but it and his other book, Cosmos, are among my most read non-history non-fiction. 

4 hours ago, adsii1970 said:

Unrelated to the previous two posts, but I just finished reading Carl Sagan's Pale Blue Dot. I'm not sure how many times I've read it over the years, but it and his other book, Cosmos, are among my most read non-history non-fiction. 

I read that second one, I liked it!

On 2/25/2022 at 11:41 AM, Stormpilot said:

If you stack 2 lasagnas on top of each other, do you get 2 lasagnas or one big lasagna?

One thing's for certain, you might need a bottle of Tums...

Two lasagnas, require extra garlic bread. And the way I love lasagna and garlic bread and would probably overindulge myself.  :blush:

On 2/25/2022 at 9:41 AM, Stormpilot said:

If you stack 2 lasagnas on top of each other, do you get 2 lasagnas or one big lasagna?

20 hours ago, Gargamel said:

I will do some tests at tonight's family dinner. 

14 hours ago, Gargamel said:

Consensus is that you now have one tall lasagna. 

I'm getting a message from an old friend here:

Spoiler

227-2271167_garfield-thumb-up-garfield-thumbs-up.png

garfield-lasagna.gif

1 hour ago, Gargamel said:

Who the heck puts asparagus in lasagna?!   I should ban you for that. :cool:

Try sliced melanzana baked on olive-oil and garlic. You can even replace the pasta with it - besides intercalating pasta and melanzana is better IMHO!

15 hours ago, Gargamel said:

Who the heck puts asparagus in lasagna?!   I should ban you for that. :cool:

Out of all the things I should have been banned for, and THIS is what you pick?!? Well then, I aim to misbehave. ;)

Back in college, I used to pull all-nighters to write my English papers. My performance-enhancement of choice was to take a 32oz Sunny D, drink the top 12oz, then pour a Pepsi in. Repeat 2-3 times as necessary. Yes, it's as disgusting as you can imagine, and it will all but guarantee you spend the hours of 6-7AM in the bathroom.

Spoiler

Apart from the obvious that that is back to front. Cats have been known to bring home still alive Brown Snakes (One of the most deadly in Australia) and drop them in the house as a present.

So you might want to rethink that one.