p1t1o

Shower thoughts

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Rover6428 said:

am i the only one here that imagines the pictures used by other members actually saying what they wrote?

Huh. I never really thought of that. I associate users and their words with their pictures, but not quite like that. So you imagine my words coming from a talking Rubik's cube floating in space?

I kind of like that, actually.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Me too.

I find that @kerbiloid always has something concise and funny to say. Or that @RealKerbal3x and @HansonKerman have a similar style of posting.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Rover6428 said:

Possibly like roasted memes and a burrito with Alexa sauce

am i the only one here that imagines the pictures used by other members actually saying what they wrote?

I like turtles

No, but whenever I read anything, its the same person speaking it. Like I have a default "character". I can only vaguely describe them and I think its based on myself. Exceptions are if I actually know what the person looks like, or like, say, if I watch Game of Thrones before reading it, I know what they look like.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I will die at some point. 

I don't know why I suddenly thought about this, but it made me feel frustrated and sad for some reason. Enjoy life while you have it. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, cubinator said:

Huh. I never really thought of that. I associate users and their words with their pictures, but not quite like that. So you imagine my words coming from a talking Rubik's cube floating in space?

I kind of like that, actually.

More robotic Borg-like voice is the one that I think would suit you

2 hours ago, Lo Var Lachland said:

I will die at some point. 

I don't know why I suddenly thought about this, but it made me feel frustrated and sad for some reason. Enjoy life while you have it. 

And then you would decompose and everyone around you would do that, and in a couple of millions of years, all that you would be remembered for is a plastic toy that you have been turned into

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/20/2018 at 9:12 PM, Fraston said:

Me too.

I find that @kerbiloid always has something concise and funny to say. Or that @RealKerbal3x and @HansonKerman have a similar style of posting.

Style of posting? What?

I guess you have a point. I always think of @HansonKerman and @The Minmus Derp as small children, no clue why. Mabye because of caps lock or something, it's weird.

I hope I don't sound stupid to other people xD.

 

13 hours ago, kerbiloid said:

Kerbiloid, however, is like the Ken M. of the forums. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As in, they sound similar.

I might be insane...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Kernel Kraken said:

I guess you have a point. I always think of @HansonKerman and @The Minmus Derp as small children, no clue why. Mabye because of caps lock or something, it's weird.

They just have the CapsLock stuck.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

cu-cu-mber
ba-na-na
to-ma-to
co-co-a
co-co-s
po-ta-to / ba-ta-ta-s
cous-cous
ku-ku
-ruza (slavic for maize)

And they still say that Heliánthus tuberósus is a natural food?

M&Ms and Kit-Kat is.

Co-ca-Co-la maybe.

Edited by kerbiloid

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Assuming no previous interaction and that the thread was locked immediately, it would take you over 5 years to like every post in the WDYDIKSPT thread.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Geonovast said:

Assuming no previous interaction and that the thread was locked immediately, it would take you over 5 years to like every post in the WDYDIKSPT thread.

I don't know. I wouldn't even know if I would want to try it.

=/\=

I've been thinking about doing it for a while - getting rid of the HIS 101 (World Civilization to 1500) term paper. Instead, assign primary source readings and then have students choose a question based upon the reading to answer. But give them a question bank of ten questions to choose from.

And since there would be no term paper, they have to complete one such assignment once every four weeks. One reading from each of the four major epochs of human civilization covered in the course. With the caveat that each essay would have to be between a page and a half to two pages each.

Edited by adsii1970

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wish that on our birthdays there was an actual "level up" process where you get a few points of different types to spend on things like core attributes, skills and perks.

Like, i could really use a few points in the "morning person" trait and definitely a point or two more of "will", and someone invested way too much in "trivia".

And, y'know, it'd be nice, sometimes, to be able to inflict +3 frost damage on a critical from time to time.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Vikings s05e11

(maybe a minor spoiler)

Spoiler

Either vikings were out of hair dye, or vice versa have imported it, but I can't remember if Lagertha was grey in the beginning of the season.

Upd.
Checked it. Yes, she was, at the very end. So, it happened earlier.

Edited by kerbiloid

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/4/2018 at 3:42 PM, p1t1o said:

So I recently realised that there is no such thing as bird milk and that birds dont have nipples.

I am objectively aware that this is not necessarily surprising, especially if you know even the smallest amount about birds, but for some reason the realisation came upon me suddenly and its a weird concept to hold in my head.

You've probably never thought about "bird milk" before, but is that because you are consciously aware that it cant exist, or merely because you've never thought about it until now?

 

 

Soooo...ummm:

"Spider Milk Is Real and Their Babies Love It, New Study Shows"

https://gizmodo.com/spider-mothers-produce-milk-for-their-young-incredible-1830740895

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Don't show this article to Minecraft developers.

And Skyrim ones, too.
Happily there are two mods removing this (wastes), but they don't effect the ones added by the animal mods.

Edited by kerbiloid

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am having a lot of shower thoughts today..

"The reason Elon Musk is so much against AI is because if AI improve significantly, there will be very few reasons to actually send humans to space..."

"Marie Antoinette was not a very evil queen...she was just ignorant"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Nivee~ said:

"The reason Elon Musk is so much against AI is because if AI improve significantly, there will be very few reasons to actually send humans to space..."

He is afraid that AI will honestly tell everything it thinks about his projects and replace him with a virtual avatar.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/30/2018 at 6:48 AM, Nivee~ said:

I am having a lot of shower thoughts today..

"The reason Elon Musk is so much against AI is because if AI improve significantly, there will be very few reasons to actually send humans to space..."

"Marie Antoinette was not a very evil queen...she was just ignorant"

It's because Elon Musk is an AI, and doesn't want to be surpassed in intelligence. Next Question.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now