Shower thoughts

p1t1o

6 hours ago, Aperture Science said:

In theory a fake placebo would be actual medicine, wouldn't it?

As the "placebo effect" is "a nothing that helps", so I guess a fake placebo is "a nothing that doesn't".

(Also, do not confuse with homeopathy, "we drink what the fishes have (liquided) in a river").

Mercedes is actually a female first name. It was the name of the daughter of Emil Jellinek, a rich guy and aristocrat who did races with Daimler motor cars at the end of the 19th century in France (i think) and appeared on the list with the pseudonym "Mercedes", his daughter's first name. This name became so popular (and he actually started to design engines for Daimler motor company) that the cars were branded as Daimler Mercedes in ~1900.

Or so.

Later name changes and rebranding have washed that away, as well as the names of Lenoir, Otto, Benz and Maybach, who played decisive roles. Only Daimler has "survived". And no, i don't own a Mercedes. Too expensive, too heavy, too big. I own a small Toyota.

Karl Schwarzschild is one of my favourites. Nobody gets it right.

:-)

Edited by Green Baron

7 hours ago, Green Baron said:

Mercedes is actually a female first name.

I work with a girl named Mercedes.   Her last name is pronounced (but not spelled) like Bins.     We state she wasn't given a birth certificate at birth, but a title. 

52 minutes ago, Gargamel said:

I work with a girl named Mercedes.   Her last name is pronounced (but not spelled) like Bins.     We state she wasn't given a birth certificate at birth, but a title. 

Lol, she should get a VIN tattooed on her, um, hmm, now where would be a good spot...? I want to say bumper, but dashboard is the usual spot, along with the engine block...

And/or... s-l300.jpg

6 hours ago, soboring356 said:

haha like fish milk you mean. it's just a common sense. when you are young and have no idea about the world. you learn that bird eats insect not milk. that's all. 

Mate Im 35 :D