Shower thoughts

p1t1o

39 minutes ago, StrandedonEarth said:

Hmm, so what would be stronger, Vader’s cybernetic limb attachments (without the Force) or a T-800 endoskeleton?

In the absence of any other data, the T-800. Because the T-800 is a whole unit, whereas Vader's prosthetic limbs are attached to flesh, an obvious weakpoint.

Arm wrestling a T800 would be like arm wrestling a jaws-of-life. Arm wrestling Vader (sans force) would be like wrestling a jaws-of-life being held by a man.

6 hours ago, kerbiloid said:

What is a diminutive for queue? A small queue?

queueie?

P.S.
And a verb for "to make the queue smaller"?

to queueieify?

As a Brit, I am born with a genetic expertise on queuing.

I can inform you that the concept of a "diminutive" form of the word makes no logical sense.

A queue of any length is always too long.

Whether its a 3-hour queue of 3000 people or a 60-s queue of 3 people, the correct reaction on seeing it is always "Ugh, look at the queue".

Consoler Troi is not very useful, and is likely just faking her telepathic abilities.  She never makes any insights that are not extremely obvious to non telepaths, and sounds like a horoscope.  Telling the captain that the crew is afraid when the ship is about to explode isnt very useful.  

1 hour ago, GRS said:

Bad guys are Dumb, no matter how Smart they are.

My friend and I (and most of his co-workers) had a long discussion once about how we should all be happy that the vast majority of criminals are remarkably stupid. [Insert obligatory Dunning-Kruger reference here.] We wound up the conversation by concocting a rather viable scheme for stealing an arbitrarily large sum of money (ours was $100,000,000, but this was 25 years ago) from a banking institution in a way that you would actually be able to use it afterwards. It was...enlightening.

52 minutes ago, Barzon Kerman said:

That sounds really interesting! Care for a follow up with some details? @TheSaint?

No, actually. One of the things we agreed on at the end of the conversation is that it wasn't the sort of thing we wanted to be spreading around, since we had already established at the start of the conversation that we liked our criminals stupid uneducated. Besides, the scheme relied on a lot of obscure banking laws that I believe have changed significantly in the last 25 years. I don't know if it would actually work anymore. And, furthermore, it was not a kind, lighthearted scheme. While it didn't involve murder directly, it was there as a contingency. And it did involve kidnapping and many threats of physical violence. If you were to make a movie out of it, it would not be a comedy. Not the sort of things to dwell on.