Shower thoughts

p1t1o

16 hours ago, some_failure said:

why are people more rude in middle school then online? i do wonder (speaking from experience)

It's not just middle school, it is in wider society. Even in many places online, rudeness and narcissism prevail. It's just that we strive hard to keep this forum a giant hugbox that's friendly, helpful, and welcoming to all. And it can be challenging some days more than others. :) 

On 4/28/2023 at 1:24 PM, kerbiloid said:

The connection between LOTR and SW is getting more obvious.

SLOTRW

I think I just managed to shoe horn in Guardians of the Galaxy too.

Edited by ColdJ

1 hour ago, SunlitZelkova said:

Good luck and I wish you a good time there!

It's unlikely to happen in couple days later: the accommodation of this damn place is already fully booked;.;

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Khufu#Khufu's_name

Khufu or Cheops was an ancient Egyptian monarch who was the second pharaoh 

Khufu's name[edit]

<...> Khufu's full name (Khnum-khufu) means "Khnum protect me".[11][12] While modern Egyptological pronunciation renders his name as Khufu, at the time of his reign his name was probably pronounced as Kha(w)yafwi(y), and during the Hellenized era, Khewaf(w).[13]

The pharaoh officially used two versions of his birth name: Khnum-khuf and Khufu. The first (complete) version clearly exhibits Khufu's religious loyalty to Khnum, the second (shorter) version does not. It is unknown as to why the king would use a shortened name version since it hides the name of Khnum and the king's name connection to this god. It might be possible though, that the short name was not meant to be connected to any god at all.[5][10]

Khufu is well known under his Hellenized name Χέοψ, Khéops or Cheops (/ˈkɒps/, KEE-ops, by Diodorus and Herodotus) and less well known under another Hellenized name, Σοῦφις, Súphis (/ˈsfɪs/, SOO-fis, by Manetho).[5][10] A rare version of the name of Khufu, used by Josephus, is Σόφε, Sofe (/ˈsɒfi/, SOF-ee).[2] Arab historians, who wrote mystic stories about Khufu and the Giza pyramids, called him Saurid (Arabic: سوريد) or Salhuk (سلهوق).[14]

He was not Cheops.
Not Khufu.
Not Khewaf(w).
Not Khnum-khuf. 
Not Khauf.

He was Kh-F because they called him

Spoiler

JEFE

giphy.gif?cid=6c09b952a903c144e1ed2d0898

pyramid-power-boss-sits-over-his-employe

Wondering that perhaps the best way to help KSP2 (and us, KSP(1) die hards) is to make KSP(1) Open Source - or perhaps Shared Source, as Unity does.

People are already decompiling the code, openly watering the Forum rules not to mention the EULA. Having the source code published will help to identify unauthorized use by 3rd parties at very minimum - right know, with the KSP reverse engineered source code at hands of a very few, there's no plausible way to do such. Too many hands, to fewer eyes.

The genius is already out of the bottle, we have no other choice but to deal with it.

I should drink tea and write the backstory for my dnd character.

53 minutes ago, Lisias said:

Wondering that perhaps the best way to help KSP2 (and us, KSP(1) die hards) is to make KSP(1) Open Source - or perhaps Shared Source, as Unity does.

People are already decompiling the code, openly watering the Forum rules not to mention the EULA. Having the source code published will help to identify unauthorized use by 3rd parties at very minimum - right know, with the KSP reverse engineered source code at hands of a very few, there's no plausible way to do such. Too many hands, to fewer eyes.

The genius is already out of the bottle, we have no other choice but to deal with it.

The source code would allow for so many great mods for ksp1! As one of those ksp1 die hards (I can't run ksp2 well yet) I would love to see mods that take advantage of a deeper understanding of the game's guts.

Btw, a funny fact.

As we know, the Khufu / Jefe pyramid has narrow so-called "star shafts" from both upper ("King's") and middle ("Queen's") chambers, right at the top of the passage and on other walls.

Spoiler

bbcaf5b3891bfce4bfc482004296dc51.jpg

And according to the scheme, the top ends of the shafts from the middle ("Queen's") chamber end at the altitude of the ceiling of upper ("King's") chamber.
(If continue them to the outer walls. It's currently unknown if they reach the surface, because there is some mini-chamber or valve there.)

Spoiler

Inner-construction-of-the-Cheops-Pyramid

So, if pour water from the "King's" vent shafts inside, it will stop at the same level of the "King's" ceiling and the "Queen's" vent shafts.

We also have the underground chamber (pharaoh's toilet? they would need one living in the pyramid) with a 3 meter deep well (a pharaoh's cesspool?)
and the so-called "Grotto" in the middle (a small chamber, formerly a small building on the top of the rocky basemenet of the pyramid, later covered by the pyramid body).

And there is a curvy and ugly vertical passage from the Toilet to the Grotto and then to the Queen's corridor.

If we pour water, it will fill the pyramid from bottom, and the grotto passages let the air get out without air bubbles.

Thus, we may conclude that all the astronomy/schmastronomy is absolutely not a thing here, and the whole pyramid is a hydrostatic system (consisting of two separated but later connected subsystem, "underground" and "pyramid"), and its sole idea is in pouring water beer  through the upper "star shafts" to make pharaoh feel good.

The underground chamber is to let pharaoh keep feeling good after consuming the beer.

We should notice also, that the stupid tilted passages are perfect channels for liquid, matching the size of the meter-sized corridors.

And the lower ends of the "star / vent" shafts are exactly at the top of the narrow passges, to let the beer flow without whirls.

It's not a pyramid. It's a beeramid.

Edited by kerbiloid

Upd.
The beer flows this way:

1. Four men pour it inside through the four 20 cm narrow holes of the "King's Chamber" star shafts".

Spoiler

greatpyramid3-3.jpg

2. It fills the "King's Chamber" up to 1 m height and flows through the tunnels.

The small hole to the left is the "star shaft", from where the beer flows into, the tunnel to the right is the tunnel through which the beer flows out of the chamber, into other part of the pyrbeeramid.

Spoiler

bbcaf5b3891bfce4bfc482004296dc51.jpg

3. The beer comes into the "Pre-Chamber", used to compensate the level instability.

Then it flows into the "Grand Gallery."

Spoiler

iobshy4mvvj61.jpg?auto=webp&s=bb72a7ffadgreat_pyramid_giza_9218280.jpg

As you can see, it's tilted and has no steps. But it has a trough in the middle, matching the 1 meter high corridor from wjere it flows.

There is also a "Grand Step", which requires climbing from below, but makes a nice waterbeerfall from above.

4. The beer reaches the "Queen's Chamber" and fills it up.

At the same time the beer level is raising in the "Queen's Chamber" "star shafts".

5. Once the beer starts flowing out from the outer ends of these shafts, the people outside see that the beer has reached the level of the "King's Chamber" ceiling, and everything they pour in, starts flowing out.

So, they stop pouring the beer, because the pyramid is full. All its chambers are full, corridors are full, "star shafts" are full.

7. The pharaoh in his fishtank is soaked with beer to, he is happy, and everything is ok.

Originally there was just the underground part, with a "Grotto" on top, and the "Toilet" below.

That's why it's a formerly isolated underground hydrostatic system/

When the pyramid was built, they dug a curved tunnel and connected both hydrostatic system to turn them in a single one.

Also this theory explains the stupid unhuman tilted corridors, which have nothing common with any temple architecture (usually absolutely pragmatic).
They aren't corridors, they are beer troughs.
Nobody (but the pharaoh) should walk there after building, and after such amount of beer anyone (including the pharaoh) would anyway crawl on his four, so the 1 m high tunnels are enough.

Edited by kerbiloid

14 hours ago, StrandedonEarth said:

Or is there a plus where there should be a minus?

This happened in my brains, during a math lesson, when i was on first class. I simply for some reason liked addition more than subtraction and in my head counted subtraction tasks as addition tasks, and one time that carried on to the paper :D