p1t1o

Shower thoughts

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, p1t1o said:

If the Illumanati were still around...

How many illuminati does it take to illuminate a room?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, kerbiloid said:

How many illuminati does it take to illuminate a room?

They wouldn't, because they like to keep people in the dark.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Since the sun is about 44% as bright on Mars as it is here, you might not need to wear sun shades when walking there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, cubinator said:

Since the sun is about 44% as bright on Mars as it is here, you might not need to wear sun shades when walking there.

Depends on how reflective the surface is.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/9/2018 at 9:29 AM, adsii1970 said:

Yeah, there is. If you don't want poop all over the place...

But the point is, you're constantly having to take the dog out... and in some cases, the dog gets separation anxiety. And that can be real fun...

Step 1: open door, dog runs outside

Step 2: dog drops a deuce in backyard

Step 3: dog runs back in

Step 4: said deuce composts into fertilizer for the lawn after a few months or so. We have the greenest backyard in the neighborhood!

Edited by Kernel Kraken

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, cubinator said:

Since the sun is about 44% as bright on Mars as it is here, you might not need to wear sun shades when walking there.

But since Mars doesn't have a thick atmosphere and ozone layer, UV should be more intense.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Kernel Kraken said:

Step 1: open door, dog runs outside

Step 2: dog drops a deuce in backyard

Step 3: dog runs back in

Step 4: said deuce composts into fertilizer for the lawn after a few months or so. We have the greenest backyard in the neighborhood!

Dude. No.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If a gum neutralizes the sour  in the mouth, why shouldn't it keep doing this in the stomach, when you are chewing it after lunch and swallowing the saliva?
Shouldn't it disturb the digestion? Or it's a choice: either teeth, or stomach?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/6/2018 at 12:36 AM, kerbiloid said:

But since Mars doesn't have a thick atmosphere and ozone layer, UV should be more intense.

1.14 diff in apparent magnitude tho?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, TheTripleAce3 said:

1.14 diff in apparent magnitude tho?

So, sunglasses are still in fashion.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Everyone who goes skydiving will die.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If something happends 1 lightyear away and im seeing it right now, does that mean it happend 1 year ago, because the light had to travel 1 year, or is it right now, because if nothing moves faster than light, then than must mean time itself also doesn't move faster than light.

Whoa.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, NSEP said:

If something happends 1 lightyear away and im seeing it right now, does that mean it happend 1 year ago, because the light had to travel 1 year, or is it right now, because if nothing moves faster than light, then than must mean time itself also doesn't move faster than light.

Whoa.

Then, it happened one year ago, didn’t it?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Atlas2342 said:

Then, it happened one year ago, didn’t it?

Wait, time travels at the exact same speed time does? Oh wait, yes! Of course!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, NSEP said:

Wait, time travels at the exact same speed time does? Oh wait, yes! Of course!

An explosion happens far away from you. The shockwave takes 60 minutes to get to you. When the shockwave reaches you, the explosion would have happened an hour ago. Same principle.

Also related, people who were born at the same time can be born a day apart.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Atlas2342 said:

Also related, people who were born at the same time can be born a day apart.

Yeah, because light has to travel a da.... here we go again.

14608107_1180665285312703_1558693314_n.j

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, NSEP said:

If something happends 1 lightyear away and im seeing it right now, does that mean it happend 1 year ago, because the light had to travel 1 year, or is it right now, because if nothing moves faster than light, then than must mean time itself also doesn't move faster than light.

So, Big Bang is happening right now. We can see it all around.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On to another shower thought:

Lets say i go on a cruise ship with 4000 other people, jokingly tell my friends that the ship is going to sink, and later, the ship actually sinks. Is that a coincidence, or inevitable, because you would think that at least a few of the 4001 people on board would make a joke about the ship sinking?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, NSEP said:

On to another shower thought:

Lets say i go on a cruise ship with 4000 other people, jokingly tell my friends that the ship is going to sink, and later, the ship actually sinks. Is that a coincidence, or inevitable, because you would think that at least a few of the 4001 people on board would make a joke about the ship sinking?

It's probably likely that a few people would joke about the ship sinking on any cruise ship, so you could happen to be on the one that actually does by a slim chance.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

When people go to Mars, we should have scheduled 'waving times' set up by internet so that for a short time, people on Earth can wave at Mars and the astronauts can be waving back at the same time (this would be some compromise between Earth and Mars time involving either one group waving early, or the two groups waving in a bounce). Of course, nobody would be able to see the other group waving, but it would be fun to know there is somebody waving back.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, NSEP said:

Lets say i go on a cruise ship with 4000 other people, jokingly tell my friends that the ship is going to sink, and later, the ship actually sinks. Is that a coincidence, or inevitable, because you would think that at least a few of the 4001 people on board would make a joke about the ship sinking?

The ship sank because somebody not joking about sinking has an evil eye.
He/she was thinking: "We are not sinking. It's OK. What can go wrong?", and that's a result.

3 hours ago, cubinator said:

When people go to Mars, we should have scheduled 'waving times' set up by internet so that for a short time, people on Earth can wave at Mars and the astronauts can be waving back at the same time (this would be some compromise between Earth and Mars time involving either one group waving early, or the two groups waving in a bounce). Of course, nobody would be able to see the other group waving, but it would be fun to know there is somebody waving back.

And we will easily recognize that moments from internet freezing, when all Martian users will be connecting at once.

Edited by kerbiloid

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, kerbiloid said:

And we will easily recognize that moments from internet freezing, when all Martian users will be connecting at once.

You wouldn't have to connect all at once. You'd set up a time in advance, then when the time comes everybody goes outside and literally waves at the other planet.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, cubinator said:

You wouldn't have to connect all at once. You'd set up a time in advance, then when the time comes everybody goes outside and literally waves at the other planet.

And myriads of Martian leechers resume torrent downloading at once.

Edited by kerbiloid

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.