Shower thoughts

p1t1o

And yet a billionaire and their select few just got to orbit the Earth further out than most Astronauts ever have. It is funny how statistics never seem to stop people in reality from doing what they strive for.

3 hours ago, ColdJ said:

And yet a billionaire and their select few just got to orbit the Earth further out than most Astronauts ever have.

You still have ~35 times 9 Apollo + Hubble Shuttle more chances to get farther from the Earth than any billionaire had ever gotten to.

9 hours ago, kerbiloid said:

You still have ~35 times 9 Apollo + Hubble Shuttle more chances to get farther from the Earth than any billionaire had ever gotten to.

If you are an extremely fit and intelligent person hand picked by NASA.

1 hour ago, ColdJ said:

Imagine the first person who said "I am feeling dirty" "I will just get some animal fat and ashes, mush them together and rub them all over my body, and then I will be nice and clean."

There are a lot of things like this in life. Where you think, "The first guy who tried this out was a nutjob. A genius. But a nutjob."

2 hours ago, ColdJ said:

Imagine the first person who said "I am feeling dirty" "I will just get some animal fat and ashes, mush them together and rub them all over my body, and then I will be nice and clean."

He was just covered with fat as usually, and fell asleep into the smoldering campfire.
The tribe started pouring water on him, and suddenly noticed that he is clean.

This way both soap and bath were invented.

The Benny Hill theme should have been playing in the background during the Battle of Jutland. 

On 9/21/2021 at 10:58 PM, Admiral Fluffy said:

Posted at 8:58, 9/21/2021

Would have been a bit better if you have posted that 242 days, 23 hours, 36 minutes and 39 seconds sooner. 

On 9/22/2021 at 6:31 AM, kerbiloid said:

Sooner or later every tourist has faced the dilemma: either to cut off the spoon handle to make it twice lighter, or to sharpen it to hunt the bears.

I need to make a thread of the best comments in Forum history.

On 9/23/2021 at 10:39 AM, AtomicTech said:

How many bananas do you have to eat before the Radiation from the Postassium kills you?

Since Potassium is half of the Sodium/Potassium Pump that enables your muscles to work, eating enough K to attempt to get radiation poisoning would cause heart failure long before you reach that point.     Hence why high dose Intravenous injections of Potassium used to be one of the main drugs used in lethal injections.   Lower doses are still used for therapeutic cardiac treatments.

So yes, K poisoning is a thing.... just not in the awesome gain super powers while doing it kind of way.