Shower thoughts

p1t1o

• 3 weeks later...

An up orientation on a helicopter is confusing because roll pushes the tail not the cockpit, there is no alternative unless you flip upside down. Realised that we have been steering rockets as if the are a trackball all this time.

You put a massive amount of work into a mod over a month and one you only spent an hour on gets double the downloads in the same length of time.

You upgrade a mod so that it is much better and has new parts and then suddenly the earlier version (which you would have to go into the changelog section to download) gets a sudden spike in downloads.

Human beings are hard to understand.

10 hours ago, Pthigrivi said:

Yknow, after the third bit of white supremacist propaganda Facebook has served up to me in the last month I think we're done here. 

Surprised you weren't done with facebook much earlier. :)

Basically anybody who thinks the pigment in ones skin determines their value is so far behind the world that they aren't worth worrying about. They are as a group being erroded day by day and eventually they will be an oddity that the population thinks of as having a mental abberation and feels sorry for.

Hobbits were named so because they were just a Gandalf's hobby, a farming simulator.

The Tolkien elves (singular = "elf") were Ubermensch of the Middle-Earth, thus tall, blonde, and long-faced (don't look at the Rings of Power amateur cosplay).
Exactly like him, as it was his Sims, in the dollhouse called Middle-Earth.

When Iluvatar had created the elves (it was 11 of them because Iluvatar himself would be the 12th), he counted them speaking his language:
"Eins. Zwei. Drei. ... Ja, ja, gut. Elf.. Und ich bin Zwölf... Zwoelf... Zwo Elf.... Doppel-Elf. Iluvatar, Alles-Vater."

Thus they were called "Das Elf", or in Westron "The Eleven", or just "the Elves".

It was odd. Literally odd. Because couldn't be divided in pairs.
It's the source of their problems.

And the Valar number was odd, too. 7 of he-Valar + 7 of she-Valar + 1 Melkor.
That's why Melkor was so angry. He was the only Vala with no pair.

Once he invited the Chaotic chick, Ungoliant, to be his crush.
They ran a gothic party, 
Because Melkor was a Goth (though other Valar were scornfully calling him Gepid), was wearing black clothes and hairdo, and called himself Moar-Goth, or Morgoth.

Ungoliant dressed appropriately, with a spider-like brooch on hair.

But other Valar ruined their date, drove away Ungie, and kicked them out.

Edited by kerbiloid

Here's a random very specific thought of mine, what's the chance there exists a person who lives in Oulu (big city in Finland on the coast, and the edge of what is northern Finland and what isn't), loves the color cyan (i do but not the others), is transgender, and has a genetic heritage of 50% inari sami and 50% percent finnish?

1 hour ago, Pthigrivi said:

Apparently Mario’s last name is Mario, making his full name Mario Mario. I don’t know how to feel about that. 

Wait so Luigi's name is Luigi Mario?

So when their mom was mad at Luigi and Yelled "Luigi Mario you come in the house right this minute!" how did Mario know she didn't want him to come in too?

In the ancient and medieval legends, myths, and chronicles, when a person was changing his (every time the only) name, he was kinda reborn as another person, cancelling his previous life and beginning a new one.

It stays incomprehensible for me, how several names at once can not result into split personality.

(Not nicknames, but personal names).

Edited by kerbiloid