[1.12.x] Launch Numbering Templated

37 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Log file and save file, please

When dis you notice this, before or after the last version?

It's happening on the newest version that you have posted on your github, 0.5.4, I think i noticed it a few times over the last couple of days, but was assuming I had just changed something on the crafts without remembering it, and sort of ignored it, but I started to see it more and more as i launched more craft, so yesterday while i was playing I started specifically watching for it. I can't remember if it happened with the 0.5.3.3 version as well, I wasn't aware of it enough back that far to be sure. 

https://www.dropbox.com/s/azqdrld8wlh9bvs/PlayerLN log.log?dl=0 Log file

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/na5pp22zfovteq5/AAAQME5t-bcuiCrWrDlw77uea?dl=0 Should link to save file.

2 minutes ago, vardicd said:

It's happening on the newest version that you have posted on your github, 0.5.4, I think i noticed it a few times over the last couple of days, but was assuming I had just changed something on the crafts without remembering it, and sort of ignored it, but I started to see it more and more as i launched more craft, so yesterday while i was playing I started specifically watching for it. I can't remember if it happened with the 0.5.3.3 version as well, I wasn't aware of it enough back that far to be sure. 

https://www.dropbox.com/s/azqdrld8wlh9bvs/PlayerLN log.log?dl=0 Log file

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/na5pp22zfovteq5/AAAQME5t-bcuiCrWrDlw77uea?dl=0 Should link to save file.

If you get a chance, can you check 0.5.3.3 please?

The only thing I changed was to add code to remember the last select template

2 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

If you get a chance, can you check 0.5.3.3 please?

The only thing I changed was to add code to remember the last select template

Mod swapped booting to do a quick test, do you want a log/save from this as well?

20 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

no need, thanks

Okay, so Initial testing seems to indicate the problem does not exist in previous versions. the first W.C.T.V. i just built got the number 2 tag assigned to it, when the one i had built for my Minmus mision last night before i quit had been assigned 1. I had 3 mun landers last night and the first one i built just now had the number 4

2 minutes ago, vardicd said:

Okay, so Initial testing seems to indicate the problem does not exist in previous versions. the first W.C.T.V. i just built got the number 2 tag assigned to it, when the one i had built for my Minmus mision last night before i quit had been assigned 1. I had 3 mun landers last night and the first one i built just now had the number 4

I spoke too soon, I just built another W.C.T.V. and it rolled out with a number 1 it did not persist.  The error does occur in version 0.5.3.3.

Edited by vardicd

@linuxgurugamer I think I may have just figured out the pattern. If you build a craft [we will say my W.C.T.V.] in the VAB/SPH, and launch it, it will get the number 1 launch, fly, recover. build that craft again, it'll get the number 2. launch, fly, recover, build again, it'll get the number 3. so now we're up to W.C.T.V. 3 I go into the VAB and build a Mun lander, it gets the number 1. build, fly, recover, i build another W.C.T.V. it resets to 1. as long as you don't change craft in the VAB/SPH the number seems to stick with the craft, but as soon as you break the chain, the number resets the next time you come back to that craft. Each time you build a different craft Launch numbering forgets the previous versions of the craft and starts from scratch.

Edited by vardicd

4 minutes ago, vardicd said:

@linuxgurugamer I think I may have just figured out the pattern. If you build a craft [we will say my W.C.T.V.] in the VAB/SPH, and launch it, it will get the number 1 launch, fly, recover. build that craft again, it'll get the number 2. launch, fly, recover, build again, it'll get the number 3. so now we're up to W.C.T.V. 3 I go into the VAB and build a Mun lander, it gets the number 1. build, fly, recover, i build another W.C.T.V. it resets to 1. as long as you don't change craft in the VAB/SPH the number seems to stick with the craft, but as soon as you break the chain, the number resets the next time you come back to that craft. Each time you build a different craft Launch numbering forgets the previous versions of the craft and starts from scratch.

Thanks, I'll look into this when I do my stream this evening.  Sounds like the hash needs to be improved

• 1 year later...
  • 2 years later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.