sos kerble stranded

Assuming you're new at the game, you could either terminate the mission and wait for the kerbal to respawn or wait until you can attempt a rescue. Solar rendezvous is kinda hard.:( 

I'm no expert on it, so if you want to try a rescue i'd recommend reading/watching tutorials. hope this helps.:D

If the pod is capable of re-entry, you can literally get out and push.  EVA fuel is unlimited in the sense that you can keep getting in and out of the pod, and it will refuel.

26 minutes ago, ksp nerd said:

ile:///C:/Users/chris/Desktop/ksp%20beginings/ 

What's the mission here?  Are you trying to upload photos, or sharing the save file?

5 minutes ago, Geonovast said:

If the pod is capable of re-entry, you can literally get out and push.  EVA fuel is unlimited in the sense that you can keep getting in and out of the pod, and it will refuel.

That's cool, I never thought about that. But how long does it take, and how hard is it to keep it pointed straight? I also thought it might be difficult to do a Kerbin encounter after just beginning the game.(assuming the original poster is a beginner)

3 minutes ago, Jollyranger said:

That's cool, I never thought about that. But how long does it take, and how hard is it to keep it pointed straight? I also thought it might be difficult to do a Kerbin encounter after just beginning the game.(assuming the original poster is a beginner)

Eesh... I missed the "sun" part. 

I'd say a GOAP Kerbin encounter would be insane.

A solar orbit just outside kerbin's SOI wouldn't be that hard, GOAP is a very doable thing there. 

A retograde sun skimming orbit is something else entirely.

So yeah, some pics would help.   

to all replays

yes i see your suggestions thinks but a i have nothing for movement and i have no Eva flue because i tried pushing and it did nothing i need someone to send a rocket to the pod and bring it back to kirbin thanks please respond as soon as possple and also the image is supposed be the link to get the save so you can do this thanks

and i have played for a year so no i'm not new i'm just lazy

Edited by ksp nerd
new info

1 hour ago, ksp nerd said:

it did nothing

Oh it did something, you just didn't notice.....  It's a slow, cumulative thing, you need to do it over and over and over. 

Like the Doctor and the Wall.....

1 hour ago, ksp nerd said:

to all replays

yes i see your suggestions thinks but a i have nothing for movement and i have no Eva flue because i tried pushing and it did nothing i need someone to send a rocket to the pod and bring it back to kirbin thanks please respond as soon as possple and also the image is supposed be the link to get the save so you can do this thanks

and i have played for a year so no i'm not new i'm just lazy

The link doesn't do anything because what you copied is a part of your hard drive. You need to find the save file under KSP Saves folder (if you already moved it from there its wherever you moved it), then upload it using something like drop-box or other file hosting site.

Edited by nascarlaser1

Moving to Gameplay Questions.

On 5/4/2018 at 5:58 PM, ksp nerd said:

sos i have a pod stuck in sun orbit with no fuil

Well, one piece of advice I'd offer is:  when you have a spacecraft in a not-so-great situation (e.g. when things have gone wrong)... don't use up all of your fuel, unless you've actually got a solution figured out.  Leave a little bit left over.  Rationale:  Randomly thrashing around in KSP rarely helps... but sometimes you can figure out a useful solution with only a small amount of dV to work with, if it's carefully thought through.  But if you get all the way to zero fuel, then you''ve got a much harder problem to solve.

Admittedly, this "don't use up all your fuel unless you have a solution" advice doesn't help you right here and now, since you've already used up the fuel-- but it's a helpful thing to bear in mind for the future, since it's likely this won't be the last time you find yourself in difficult circumstances.  ;)

If you're in a solar orbit, "get out and push" is probably not going to be super practical, since you'll likely need too much of a dV adjustment for that.  A couple of options:

• Send a rescue mission to rendezvous with the pod in solar orbit, so you can transfer the kerbal across.
  • If you can work out how much dV you need to get back to Kerbin from your solar pod... well, if it's less than 600 m/s, you could EVA the kerbal home.  Just step out of the pod and leave it behind.  You'd still want to launch a rescue mission to scoop up the kerbal upon Kerbin arrival (because the kerbal would fry if they try to re-enter while EVA), but that might be simpler than launching one to rendezvous around the sun.

Just a couple of suggestions.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.