Just discovered a station misalignment

Gordon Dry

I've seen that sort of thing happen to engine shrouds and tank end caps quite often.  Never seen it happen with a tank or a station part though.  Does that part have variable geometry?  

(I mainly play modded games, so this might not happen in stock, but it has been happening with engine shrouds and tank end caps etc since at least 1.2).

Yeah I have a similar issue. There’s this one service bay on my main station that just is constantly oriented strangely. It’s always different but usually doesn’t affect physical parts around it. Ended up having to evacuate the station after it finally blew. Took out the core hub, and everything went down hill from there.

I've seen this happen to stations of mine as a result of coming out of physics warp.

I have launched a craft and assembled it in space and everything was fine, but approach it quickly like a hard stopping rendezvous braking maneuver and when the physics engine kicks in it can "bend" some of the nodes.

Once it happens, it appears to be permantely bent too.

Edited by pquade

• 1 month later...

I have also experienced minor misalignment issues:
6o7pVAD.jpg

At the time I eventually figured out what caused it.....but for the life of me I can't remember now. I think it was a specific part when docked and then going into timewarp triggered it, But I can't remember which part. I know, not very helpful, sorry!

I had a station that would always go wonky if I did a vessel to vessel scene change. If I went back to the tracking station and loaded the vessel it always worked fine. Never figured that one out.

May be worth trying to load from Tracking Station to see if you get the same experience.

• 2 weeks later...

I get that sort of stuff pretty often when I use Infernal Robotics parts and then I put them through a lot of stress, or non-lethal collissions.  I havent had that issue yet when playing with stock parts.

But when it happens, its permanent.

5 minutes ago, Tyko said:

Were you using Autostruts? They seemed to be the problem in my case of station misalignment.

Kerbal Joint Reinforcement seems to make it so I don't need autostruts ever. Tbh I forget they exist...

18 hours ago, Gordon Dry said:

@eddiew That looks posed...

Just kidding.

I wish, I wanted to move that before the engines all started pointing different ways :P 

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.