Inverse kinematics robotcontroller for Canadarm1, Canadarm2 and ANY

Trufiadok

Just now, KallangoVerde said:

Yes yes... the username denounces me :D

Actually i know it when i was read your reply in portuguese, i have three old friends in sao paulo and because of that, i always happy when i can met other person that came from brazil :D. Obrigado for respond my reply

On 2/27/2021 at 4:52 PM, KallangoVerde said:

It's good to see you man!
The mod did very well and that was surprising to me, I thought it would have a lot of problems from one version to another ... but it is possible to use it temporarily taking care.

Yesterday, during the tests, canadarm went through the structure parts (laboratories, capsules, engines, etc ...) a few times but I didn't report it because I don't know if this is a bug or a normal game mechanic. (Or I that I misused kkkk)

I'll leave KSP.log (installation with mods) here below if you want to take a look.

KSP.log :  https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ifWiyJGJa-7HnqgnwKMR9Sq0H8FrzL5B/view?usp=sharing

GameData Folder: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ZjA2nsf_3etjG9OEVNs69luvcLopRd7A/view?usp=sharing

Hi @KallangoVerde,

I looked into your log file and it looks like the basic initializations were done fine for IKRC. 

I think that normal game mechanic. I’m not entirely sure, but I think that parts belonging to the same vehicle can’t collide, they don’t have a physical effect on each other.  It could be such a "Unity" thing. Due to nearby "colliders", the vehicle may explode if the connections are twisting. I will also test the IKRC module under KSP version 1.11.0.

Edited by Trufiadok

18 minutos atrás, Trufiadok disse:

Oi @KallangoVerde,

Eu olhei em seu arquivo de log e parece que as inicializações básicas foram feitas corretamente para IKRC. 

Eu acho que a mecânica de jogo normal. Não tenho certeza, mas acho que costas pertencentes ao mesmo veículo não podem colidir, não têm efeito físico uma sobre a outra. Poderia ser uma coisa de "Unidade". Devido a "colisões" nas proximidades, o veículo pode explodir se as conexões estiverem torcendo. Também testarei o módulo IKRC no KSP versão 1.11.0.

(the same vehicle can’t collide)

Yeah... it makes sense, I hadn’t even thought about it.

On 2/28/2021 at 3:54 PM, CaturLifeLive said:

Wow, glad you came back in here. Just wanna sending this result when i use your mod.

I'm use your mod in ksp 1.8 with rss/ro/rp-1 etc. When I first time tried (after many attemps actually) to install your mod, I always failed. The problem is with internal robotic. But, now it's working great. i solve it with using This Infernal RO-Robotics and put your IR configuration to them.

For now, there is still three problems that i found. the first problem is Canadaarm can get through to other objects, i think it should cant through another objects, the second problem is red circle not align with yellow circle when pressing target button so i should move it manually, and for the third problem is with camera, docking camera works but doesn't display the correct image and can see through inside other object.

Anyway, im happy because i can use this mod. Thank you @Trufiadok, and this's pic when i use your mod with  radar space shuttle.

Reveal hidden contents

J9FnkVq.png

Edited
Can you make patch for realismoverhaul?, because canadaarm explode when i try to reentry

To match the yellow and red spheres, you tried to set the "DistZ: 0.6" parameter on the interface. This determines how far the actual target should be from the PDGF in the Z direction. Maybe that's not the problem. It's an idea.

I might must to write a description of the control panel features. I will also add this to the to-do list.:) I wrote similar on the forum before, but since then the interface has changed a lot.

The faulty camera image is a fault of the Ca2LeeCam mod. The implementation of KSP camera layers has changed and I have not yet come to the right solution.

As you wrote above, I think that parts belonging to the same vehicle can’t collide, they don’t have a physical effect on each other.

6 hours ago, Trufiadok said:

To match the yellow and red spheres, you tried to set the "DistZ: 0.6" parameter on the interface. This determines how far the actual target should be from the PDGF in the Z direction. Maybe that's not the problem. It's an idea.

I might must to write a description of the control panel features. I will also add this to the to-do list.:) I wrote similar on the forum before, but since then the interface has changed a lot.

The faulty camera image is a fault of the Ca2LeeCam mod. The implementation of KSP camera layers has changed and I have not yet come to the right solution.

As you wrote above, I think that parts belonging to the same vehicle can’t collide, they don’t have a physical effect on each other.

That's would be great, but not really necessary because you already make it. I've also tried target position with force dist on, and that work.

Em, for reentry on earth with realsolarsystem and realism overhaul mod. i don't know why the temps can go inside ShuttleCargo and that make your canadaarm exploded. But i've solve this's issue with simple configuration in realismoverhaul. I make a config file for all your canadarm parts and put that file in RealismOverhaul\RO_SuggestedMods\SpaceShuttleSystem

You can see my simple settings below (hope this also can help someone that need it)

Spoiler

FileName : canadaarm.cfg

@PART[TRFCA2LEEwCam]:FOR[RealismOverhaul]
{
	%RSSROConfig = true
	@maxTemp = 2273.15
	%skinMaxTemp = 2400
}

@PART[TRFCA2AHinge]:FOR[RealismOverhaul]
{
	%RSSROConfig = true
	@maxTemp = 2273.15
	%skinMaxTemp = 2400
}

@PART[TRFCA2APitch]:FOR[RealismOverhaul]
{
	%RSSROConfig = true
	@maxTemp = 2273.15
	%skinMaxTemp = 2400
}

@PART[TRFCA2ARM200]:FOR[RealismOverhaul]
{
	%RSSROConfig = true
	@maxTemp = 2273.15
	%skinMaxTemp = 2400
}

@PART[TRFCA2ARoll]:FOR[RealismOverhaul]
{
	%RSSROConfig = true
	@maxTemp = 2273.15
	%skinMaxTemp = 2400
}

@PART[TRFCA2AYaw]:FOR[RealismOverhaul]
{
	%RSSROConfig = true
	@maxTemp = 2273.15
	%skinMaxTemp = 2400
}

@PART[TRF_CA2_BHinge]:FOR[RealismOverhaul]
{
	%RSSROConfig = true
	@maxTemp = 2273.15
	%skinMaxTemp = 2400
}

@PART[TRFCA2BPitch]:FOR[RealismOverhaul]
{
	%RSSROConfig = true
	@maxTemp = 2273.15
	%skinMaxTemp = 2400
}

@PART[TRFCA2BRoll]:FOR[RealismOverhaul]
{
	%RSSROConfig = true
	@maxTemp = 2273.15
	%skinMaxTemp = 2400
}

@PART[TRFCA2BYaw]:FOR[RealismOverhaul]
{
	%RSSROConfig = true
	@maxTemp = 2273.15
	%skinMaxTemp = 2400
}

@PART[TRFCA2CElbow]:FOR[RealismOverhaul]
{
	%RSSROConfig = true
	@maxTemp = 2273.15
	%skinMaxTemp = 2400
}

@PART[TRFCA2ELBOW3]:FOR[RealismOverhaul]
{
	%RSSROConfig = true
	@maxTemp = 2273.15
	%skinMaxTemp = 2400
}

@PART[TRFCA2HINGE]:FOR[RealismOverhaul]
{
	%RSSROConfig = true
	@maxTemp = 2273.15
	%skinMaxTemp = 2400
}

@PART[TRFCA2LEE]:FOR[RealismOverhaul]
{
	%RSSROConfig = true
	@maxTemp = 2273.15
	%skinMaxTemp = 2400
}

@PART[TRFCA2PDGF]:FOR[RealismOverhaul]
{
	%RSSROConfig = true
	@maxTemp = 2273.15
	%skinMaxTemp = 2400
}

@PART[TRFCA2PDGFwT]:FOR[RealismOverhaul]
{
	%RSSROConfig = true
	@maxTemp = 2273.15
	%skinMaxTemp = 2400
}

Anyway, thank you mr @Trufiadok because you still responding this thread. i really appreciated it.

Edited by CaturLifeLive

I'm not sure if this can help you @Kochi. but have you pressed distz ? . For solve my previous problem, Turfadok told me to check/press that parameter and then click ik active.

On 3/3/2021 at 4:10 AM, Trufiadok said:

• 2 weeks later...

Hi there ! I'm new on this forum and first thing I must say is this mod is great! I'm building the ISS using Habtech2 and Tantares parts and I'm looking for the structural part the Canadarm 2 is attached to as seen in this video:

(go to about 3 min for a good look at it). Could someone tell me which mod it's part of and if it still works on latest KSP update? Thanks in advance!  :)

Edited by hugoraider

• 3 weeks later...
On 30/03/2021 at 09:34, hugoraider said:

Olá ! Sou novo neste fórum e a primeira coisa que devo dizer é que este mod é ótimo! Estou construindo a ISS usando peças Habtech2 e Tantares e estou procurando a parte estrutural à qual o Canadarm 2 está conectado, como pode ser visto neste vídeo:

(vá cerca de 3 min para dar uma boa olhada nele). Alguém poderia me dizer de qual mod ele faz parte e se ainda funciona na última atualização do KSP? Desde já, obrigado!  :)

I think it's the Infernal Robotics mod ... but I haven't tested it in recent versions of the game.

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/28/2020 at 9:47 AM, Trufiadok said:

Of course. You are free to use it.

Thank you.  will add a link to your arm as soon as I am ready to put the mod out (sufficient fixes are made for the mod to be considered functional)

I have severe issues with the rotators not rotating on their axis properly. They sort of skew to the side as you get around to 180 degrees, and then start to straighten back up as you come back around to 360, really weird. Any fix for this?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...