Inverse kinematics robotcontroller for Canadarm1, Canadarm2 and ANY

Trufiadok

2 hours ago, Briso said:

Did you use this mod ?

Personally, I'm annoyed by its magnetic End Effector. I like it better as it was in real life (as in fashion from Trufiadok). But since Canadarm 2 is not designed to be placed in a Space Shuttle, you will have to use Candarm 1 with a magnetic End Effector. I'd be in seventh heaven if Trufiadok remade it with the same Kanadarm 2.

Are you thinking of full inverse kinematics control or just the gripping "mechanism" (WireSnare)?

1 minute ago, Trufiadok said:

Are you thinking of full inverse kinematics control or just the gripping "mechanism" (WireSnare)?

@Trufiadok you're a good coder, of course the whole one :P

BTW, did you have any issues that sometimes the IKRC Transforms dont appear no matter how often you reload the scene or switch scenes ("showTRF" option doesnt work at all i mean sometimes after a few scene changes, only a full game restart helps).

It's a only a little inconvenience as i am restarting quite often (playing around with mod configs)

8 minutes ago, Trufiadok said:

gripping mechanism

3 minutes ago, Jasseji said:

BTW, did you have any issues that sometimes the IKRC Transforms dont appear no matter how often you reload the scene or switch scenes ("showTRF" option doesnt work at all i mean sometimes after a few scene changes, only a full game restart helps).

It's a only a little inconvenience as i am restarting quite often (playing around with mod configs)

Yes, I too have experienced this

2 minutes ago, Jasseji said:

Yes, I know about the problem. This happens when we exit the "flight sceen", so the transform visualization is not turned off.

I put the "transform visualization off" in OnDisable(), in OnDestroy() and in Destroy(), but ineffective. I run out, again.

7 minutes ago, Trufiadok said:

Yes, I know about the problem. This happens when we exit the "flight sceen", so the transform visualization is not turned off.

I put the "transform visualization off" in OnDisable(), in OnDestroy() and in Destroy(), but ineffective. I run out, again.

I hope you will fix this problem very quickly.

Yes, and can another question in the video when you docking Dragon when speed Canadarm 0,031 not twitches whether your station ? I just have experienced this is the first on speed 4 and my station was spinning very quickly around its axis.

31 minutes ago, Briso said:

Yes, and can another question in the video when you docking Dragon when speed Canadarm 0,031 not twitches whether your station ? I just have experienced this is the first on speed 4 and my station was spinning very quickly around its axis.

When I move the robot arm, the station doesn't rotate or shake. This can be due to two things. I use the KerbalJointReinforcement plugin or SAS is off at the space station, I think this.

10 hours ago, Briso said:

I found the best option to use Mechjeb Smart ASS and "Kill ROT" 

10 hours ago, Trufiadok said:

ok, will keep in mind that the option has to be turned off before scene change - it is only a small problem

1 hour ago, Funkrusha said:

if anyone need's it,
a recompiled, working version for KSP 1.5 of InfernalRobotics.dll (based on the repo from @Trufiadok

[snip]

Hi @Funkrusha, and welcome to the forums!  :)

Thank you for your efforts to help the community!  Unfortunately, we've had to snip the download link, because any mod downloads need to follow our add-on posting rules.  Specifically, the source code needs to be available (with any changes you made to the original), as well as a posted license.  (The license is important not only to let people know what they can do with it, but also to demonstrate that you have permission for your own release, if you're basing it on someone else's work.)

We apologize for the inconvenience and know it's a hassle, but unfortunately those are important rules and have to be followed.  If you can provide a download that includes a link to your source code and has an appropriate license included with it, you're welcome to re-post as long as you're not violating any terms of the original mod's license.

Thank you for your understanding.

@Trufiadok the Bug seems to be gone 

another Bug/Question:

When aligning two parts using the VEE function, i find that to have the proper rotation of parts i need to force IKRC rotation to 270 Degrees.

when docking same parts using MechJeb, the rotation is 0

Working as Designed or anything to look out for ?

2 hours ago, Jasseji said:

@Trufiadok the Bug seems to be gone 

another Bug/Question:

When aligning two parts using the VEE function, i find that to have the proper rotation of parts i need to force IKRC rotation to 270 Degrees.

when docking same parts using MechJeb, the rotation is 0

Working as Designed or anything to look out for ?

This may result from the orientation of the target DockingNode to determine the orientation of EndEffector by rotating Euler (180f, 0f, -90f). This was an experimental rotation between LEE and PDGFwT. I think that the orientation of PDGFwT's target sign is the reason why it is -90 degrees (270 degrees).

I'll examine and redraw PDGFwT to make the target sign orientation good.

Edited by Trufiadok
Yeah, well, I'm fixing the plugin too.

12 hours ago, Trufiadok said:

It seems I managed to fix the "MechJeb compatibility orientation" Bug. I uploaded -> IKRC & TRF_CA2_PDGF_wT. Please, try it.

kk, will test, rebuilding my station with habtech parts now so will se if it helps (partcount on CxA a bit high for my taste :D)

Edited by Jasseji

After new testings in my game, for me it didn`t work well or I didn`t understand it. I have some problems:
- robotic arm glitches through other parts when moving. The arm don`t recognize them as obstacle.
- When moving a part of my station from one dockingport to another the arm move everywhere but not to the target dockingport. I changed the Endeffector via VEE to the dockingport of the moved module.
- sometimes I can`t control the arm with the arrows manually. It happen nothing.

It may be that I didn`t understand all settings of this mod.

But another question: Is it possible to add

MODULE
{
 	name = WireSnareLock
}

to any Lee of other robotic arms? Or is it especially for your arm?

On 12/9/2018 at 3:23 PM, Cheesecake said:

After new testings in my game, for me it didn`t work well or I didn`t understand it. I have some problems:
- robotic arm glitches through other parts when moving. The arm don`t recognize them as obstacle.

Collision avoidance has not yet been resolved. To my knowledge, physics does not work between parts within the same vessel. This is the case, or there are no collisions with parts of other vessels.

Can you upload a video about the problem?
- When moving a part of my station from one dockingport to another the arm move everywhere but not to the target dockingport. I changed the Endeffector via VEE to the dockingport of the moved module.
- sometimes I can`t control the arm with the arrows manually. It happen nothing.

Isn't there a case when it works flawlessly? Try resetting the robot arm (all servo zero degree) and activate the "Dump ServoStructure" in the right-ckick menu.

Also, it would be nice to have a video about the problem.

It may be that I didn`t understand all settings of this mod.

The mod is not yet definitive, but just ask it.

But another question: Is it possible to add

MODULE
{
 	name = WireSnareLock
}

to any Lee of other robotic arms? Or is it especially for your arm?

I think it can be used for other parts as well. It can be used for a part that has "DockingNode".

The WireSnareLock plugin can enable/disable dockingNode "Turn on/off DockingPort" and activate the wire-snare device to capture the other part.

WireSnareLock support a physical connection with the vessel, but don't make logic connection. "Activate WSLock" creates a FixedJoint for the RigidBody of the another parts.

Note that if you have saved the game, it will not work when it is reloaded. (WireSnare)

Hey @Trufiadok just a quick heads-up - maybe in the UI you could change the arrows to correspond with the colors of the transforms ? i am always getting lost which arrow controls which direction (apart from the small and big dot, that i have figured out)

btw, are you doing something to make the the Shuttle-Arm work as well with your mod ? (Jeast Kanadarm i believe was the original models)

3 hours ago, Jasseji said:

Hey @Trufiadok just a quick heads-up - maybe in the UI you could change the arrows to correspond with the colors of the transforms ? i am always getting lost which arrow controls which direction (apart from the small and big dot, that i have figured out)

I can make it, but the direction keys are relative to LEE, not absolute for X-Y-Z.

Do you want the color of the directions to match the color of the LEE's transform?

btw, are you doing something to make the the Shuttle-Arm work as well with your mod ? (Jeast Kanadarm i believe was the original models)

I'm dealing with Kanadarm inverse kinematics control. I'm cleaning code of the IKRC module.

Edited by Trufiadok

1 hour ago, Jasseji said:

yes, colors would be very helpful.

btw, is there any other way to "save" a custom "0" position ? so that it doesnt go back to the default when pressing "0st"

Momently, there is no such possibility. "0st" refers to the zero degree state of servo motors.

The target servo values are writable. It could be programmed in the plugin to save or restore these values.