Does "Dump ServoStructure" not appear?
-----------------------------------------------

yes ,is displayed

"Servo dumping Message"
"servo structure dumped"
                 "OK"

Greeting

Does it work?

Dextre(SPDM) - kerbal "robot arms" under design.

3693RrN.png

11 hours ago, funkheld said:

I can move my arms individually with the individual windows from the hinges.

but "CA2 IK ROBOT Controller" window does not appear.

Thank you.
greeting

Can you send me the KSP.log file?

I sent you my email address.

Edited by Trufiadok

1 hour ago, funkheld said:

-------------------------------------
Does it work?
---------------------------------------

I can click OK.

I can move the individual joints.
but each hinges only with its own window.

but the "IK Robot Controller" can not be seen working.

Thank you.
greeting

If I understand well, custom moves work from the InfernalRobotics plugin, but the IKRC window does not appear.

If "servo structure dumped" appears, it should be fine.

Is the "Turn on IKRC" button displayed?

I would need the KSP.log file, so I could say more.

There may be a problem with the IKRC plugin.

• 3 weeks later...

I installed every files into gamedata and got all parts, however I can't find out the IKRC controller option in game play. What happened? Is because I use version1.6.1? Or just because I installed files in wrong way?

Edited by rogerwang86

6 hours ago, rogerwang86 said:

I installed every files into gamedata and got all parts, however I can't find out the IKRC controller option in game play. What happened? Is because I use version1.6.1? Or just because I installed files in wrong way?

I'll describe what is in the GitHub IKRC-for-Kerbal directory: 
Ca2LeeCam - This is necessary if you want to use a camera on "TRF_CA2_LEE_wCam" part.
Canadarm2 - This contains the parts that make up the robot arm.
IKRC - Inverse Kinematics Robot Controller plugin - that should be.
IkRobotController - This is the source code for the IKRC plugin, which does not have to be.
InfernalRoboticsMod - This is the modified InfernalRobotics plugin, that's it. If you use the "MagicSmokeIndustries" directory, you don't have to.
(I must make an InfernalRobotics plugin mod because the didn't always rotate the servos the shortest way. I changed "Interpolator.cs" file.)
InfernalRoboticsMod-develop - This is the source code for the InfernalRoboticsMod plugin, which does not have to be.
MagicSmokeIndustries - This is a complete package that contains the modified IR plugin. If you use this, don't use "InfernalRoboticsMod".
Pictures - Don't need it. 
RV-2F - This contains the parts that make up the Mitsubishi RV-2F robot. If you want to use it you need it. 
TRF_SPHERES - KSP robot satellite part. Don't need it. 
WireSnareLock - This is necessary if you want to use a "WireSnareLock" mechanism on "TRF_CA2_LEE_wCam" part. This is the simulation of the wire lock mechanism with which Lee catches the Pdgf.
The WireSnareLock plugin can disable TRF_CA2_LEE_wCam dockingNode and activate the wire-snare device to capture the PDGF.
WireSnareLock support a physical connection with the vessel, but don't make logic connection.

Source libraries also contain dlls, multiple loading can cause problems. Using the original and modified InfernalRobotics plugin will also cause problems.
The IKRC plugin must be connected to the base element of the robot arm. For Canadarm2, this is the TR_CA2_LEE part. The assembly (Canadarm2) that you can download from GitHub,  is set.

Write if something is not clear. If you still do not work, send the kerbal.log file, I review it.

Is version 1.6.1 coming out of weeks? because then I haven't tried it.

@Trufiadok You have peaked my interest! I’ll be watching this one intensely!

I’ve been Playing around with Canadarms and Dextre since 1.0.5

Edit - Replaced video with one more specific.

It looks like you’re using a working version of @spudbean‘s RKE Robotics? I’ve been using RKE arm parts forever! Since they’re designed to be physicsless and therefore stronger. I’m on my phone atm. But I intend to dive into This one as soon as I can. Thank you for bringing something like this into the light!

Edited by V8jester

12 hours ago, V8jester said:

@Trufiadok You have peaked my interest! I’ll be watching this one intensely!

I’ve been Playing around with Canadarms and Dextre since 1.0.5

Edit - Replaced video with one more specific.

It looks like you’re using a working version of @spudbean‘s RKE Robotics? I’ve been using RKE arm parts forever! Since they’re designed to be physicsless and therefore stronger. I’m on my phone atm. But I intend to dive into This one as soon as I can. Thank you for bringing something like this into the light!

Yes, the parts of canadarm2 made by @spudbean's RKE Robotics. Now, I'm working on the dextre's parts.

eCYLQrL.png

@Trufiadok You sir are amazing! I got everything up and running in about 15 minutes last night. And while I got the general idea. I can tell this has some serious capabilities I’ve barely begun to scratch the surface of.

I did run into an “issue” last night though. I built a test rig. (A command pod with 3 Grapple fixtures) Everything worked like a charm. Until I added my Dextre I just rebuilt, onto the test rig as a subassembly. The ability to activate the controller window in the flight scene went away (no button). And when I went back to the editor and attempted to remove Dextre to try again. The entire test rig / Canadarm craft dissapeared “visually” in the editor. If you moused around you could see the green part highlighting. But no visible textures on any parts. Also, when adding the Canadarm subassembly onto an ISS I’m working on. It again lost the button for the Controller window in the flight scene. (There were already IR components on the ISS, similar to the previously posted video)

You’ve made it clear this is a WIP mod, and does have some bugs to work out. And my install is very heavily modded already. So no harm no foul. Just wanted to let ya know. Otherwise, I’m very impressed with the capabilities of the mod so far. And am looking forward to seeing Dextre and all the other improvements along the way.

Game version 1.6.1

Edited by V8jester

On 3/22/2019 at 10:18 AM, Trufiadok said:

Yes, the parts of canadarm2 made by @spudbean's RKE Robotics. Now, I'm working on the dextre's parts.

eCYLQrL.png

I'm sorry I have not been. But seeing how much work you have done (canadarm, dextre) and of course canadarm 2 where it all started. I mean, these manipulators are the best I've ever seen. You made a breakthrough, and it's true. Now I am developing ISS modules and I hope it will be released soon. I think your manipulators will be a great addition to my ISS or ISS will be a good addition for manipulators. I almost forgot. I just wanted to say that you are the best and wish you good luck in everything !;)

Edited by Briso

4 hours ago, funkheld said:

it would be nice if you could describe it in detail for the ksp 1.6. which files you can download exactly where and which files belong together.

I see here only your lonely playfulness as a loner without a precise reference.

Grud

I got it up and running on 1.6.1 with standard IR - "Not Next" as this was not built to run with IR Next.

1 - Install Infernal Robotics "Core" (no parts in this download) - Optionally install IR Rework "Parts" - The fancy white and orange parts @ZodiusInfuser is famous for

2 - Replace the InfernalRobotics.dll - "GameData/MagicSmokeIndustries/Plugins" - With the included .dll file from IKRC Master  "InfernalRoboticsMod/" - IR now works in 1.6.1

3 - In "GameData/MagicSmokeIndustries/Parts" - Create a new folder Labeled "IKRC"

4 - In the IKRC Folder copy over from the IKRC Master.zip file - "Ca2LeeCam, Canadarm2, PluginData, RV-2F, TRF_SPHERES, WireSnareLock folders. And the IkRobotController.dll"

5 - Give V8jester a cookie!

The remaining files and folders you didn't touch, are for development purposes and are not needed for the game. There's other ways you can organize the folder structure. But this way is just the most straight forward and easy to explain

Optionally for all the other IR fan boys out there. The standard "InfernalRobotics.dll" for 1.6.1 compatibility Unofficially recompiled 1.6.1 .dll Courtesy of @whale_2 - Not for use with IKRC

- Edit

Just realized this breaks rotor sounds. Unless you want to cfg bash a bit. Just place all folders / files in step 4 directly into "GameData" and the sounds should work just fine. (I tend to play KSP with music so I didn't notice till just now)

Edited by V8jester

15 hours ago, V8jester said:

I got it up and running on 1.6.1 with standard IR - "Not Next" as this was not built to run with IR Next.

1 - Install Infernal Robotics "Core" (no parts in this download) - Optionally install IR Rework "Parts" - The fancy white and orange parts @ZodiusInfuser is famous for

2 - Replace the InfernalRobotics.dll - "GameData/MagicSmokeIndustries/Plugins" - With the included .dll file from IKRC Master  "InfernalRoboticsMod/" - IR now works in 1.6.1

3 - In "GameData/MagicSmokeIndustries/Parts" - Create a new folder Labeled "IKRC"

4 - In the IKRC Folder copy over from the IKRC Master.zip file - "Ca2LeeCam, Canadarm2, PluginData, RV-2F, TRF_SPHERES, WireSnareLock folders. And the IkRobotController.dll"

5 - Give V8jester a cookie!

The remaining files and folders you didn't touch, are for development purposes and are not needed for the game. There's other ways you can organize the folder structure. But this way is just the most straight forward and easy to explain

Optionally for all the other IR fan boys out there. The standard "InfernalRobotics.dll" for 1.6.1 compatibility Unofficially recompiled 1.6.1 .dll Courtesy of @whale_2 - Not for use with IKRC

- Edit

Just realized this breaks rotor sounds. Unless you want to cfg bash a bit. Just place all folders / files in step 4 directly into "GameData" and the sounds should work just fine. (I tend to play KSP with music so I didn't notice till just now)

I've written these files and libraries a few times, but the best way to use them is described above by @V8jester.  I will also look at this "sound" question.

20 hours ago, funkheld said:

it would be nice if you could describe it in detail for the ksp 1.6. which files you can download exactly where and which files belong together.

I see here only your lonely playfulness as a loner without a precise reference.

Grud

@V8jester 's answer helped or is there a problem with operation?

On 3/22/2019 at 5:28 PM, V8jester said:

@Trufiadok You sir are amazing! I got everything up and running in about 15 minutes last night. And while I got the general idea. I can tell this has some serious capabilities I’ve barely begun to scratch the surface of.

I did run into an “issue” last night though. I built a test rig. (A command pod with 3 Grapple fixtures) Everything worked like a charm. Until I added my Dextre I just rebuilt, onto the test rig as a subassembly. The ability to activate the controller window in the flight scene went away (no button). And when I went back to the editor and attempted to remove Dextre to try again. The entire test rig / Canadarm craft dissapeared “visually” in the editor. If you moused around you could see the green part highlighting. But no visible textures on any parts. Also, when adding the Canadarm subassembly onto an ISS I’m working on. It again lost the button for the Controller window in the flight scene. (There were already IR components on the ISS, similar to the previously posted video)

You’ve made it clear this is a WIP mod, and does have some bugs to work out. And my install is very heavily modded already. So no harm no foul. Just wanted to let ya know. Otherwise, I’m very impressed with the capabilities of the mod so far. And am looking forward to seeing Dextre and all the other improvements along the way.

Game version 1.6.1

I'll try this configuration to find out what the cause of the error is.

At first, it may be that you have used the same servo parts when creating the dextre as used by TRF_canadarm2. Unfortunately, I haven't been able to solve the problem that building robot arm only with unique servos, yet. The problem might be in your case that the plugin couldn't identify the servoList according to TRF_CA2_LEE's part.cfg.

My version is 1.6.1, too.

Edited by Trufiadok
As long as this error is not corrected, it is advisable to grab the dextre module in flight mode and work with it.

I found a way of using multiple complex robotics on a single craft. @Trufiadok may have covered this, but I didn't catch it.

If you build a single craft with any additional IR components, in addition to those in the Canadarm II subassembly. The IKRC controller will not be accessible or usable. But if you launch a bare bones craft with only the working arm (No additional IR parts) You then use the included robot spheres to undock the Canadarm II from the small craft and then transport / dock to the larger craft. You can combine a working IKRC arm with something as complex as an ISS build with an MSS gantry, Dextre and the Kibo arm. All while keeping everything usable :)

IKRC_zpszh7vytks.jpg~original