Inverse kinematics robotcontroller for Canadarm1, Canadarm2 and ANY

Trufiadok

On 8/14/2019 at 3:22 PM, PriusMann said:

please help i dont know how to activate the IK robot controller please help me 

23 hours ago, hellblazer said:

Watch the video in the post above yours ↑↑↑

I Still couldnt get the controller out... the CaLeeCam2 is my root and also those other sliders arent showing along that i cant still couldnt turn on the ikrc controller yet i dont even know how to download it properly i used the option 2 of installation please help

15 minutes ago, PriusMann said:

I Still couldnt get the controller out... the CaLeeCam2 is my root and also those other sliders arent showing along that i cant still couldnt turn on the ikrc controller yet i dont even know how to download it properly i used the option 2 of installation please help

TRF CA2 LEE is the root part (no camera) and the TRF CA2 LEE with Cam is the one that docks to payload. As well, it only shows up outside the VAB/SPH.

What version of KSP are you using?

Just now, hellblazer said:

TRF CA2 LEE is the root part (no camera) and the TRF CA2 LEE with Cam is the one that docks to payload. As well, it only shows up outside the VAB/SPH.

What version of KSP are you using?

KSP Version: 1.7.0

On 8/15/2019 at 6:09 AM, PriusMann said:

KSP Version: 1.7.0

I just tried it on 1.7.3 and it doesn't work. All the parts are there but the "Turn on IKRC" option isn't available. If you have Steam or can roll back to 1.6.1 it works great. Hopefully the mod gets updated to the 1.7+ soon.

Update:  Downloaded a clean copy of 1.7.3 and can confirm it works with no issues.

sWhWkGy.jpg

Edited by hellblazer

16 hours ago, hellblazer said:

I just tried it on 1.7.3 and it doesn't work. All the parts are there but the "Turn on IKRC" option isn't available. If you have Steam or can roll back to 1.6.1 it works great. Hopefully the mod gets updated to the 1.7+ soon.

I'm going to look at what is the problem with version 1.7.3 and change the plugin's bug fixes to cause less "headaches".

6 hours ago, Trufiadok said:

I'm going to look at what is the problem with version 1.7.3 and change the plugin's bug fixes to cause less "headaches".

I checked my own ksp version, this is 1.7.3. It works for me.

zGhzeAO.png

I created an email "[email protected]" for this you can send the log file (eg path: c:\Program Files(x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\KSP.log).
I'll try to find out from this what's wrong.

I'm working on "bugdetector".

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/15/2019 at 4:00 PM, hellblazer said:

Update:  Downloaded a clean copy of 1.7.3 and can confirm it works with no issues.

sWhWkGy.jpg

I add the same probleme I apply this procedure 

but I C'ant turn on IKRC

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 10/23/2019 at 10:57 PM, Voyager93 said:

Unfortunately I have a problem with IKRC. I don't see the spheres after starting IKRC. Also, I can select a target and approach it, but this ends somewhere else and not where the target is.  Is there a solution for this problem? Many thanks already once.

https://imgur.com/nVGBSY2

If you think, send KSP.log for me. ("[email protected]" ; eg. path: c:\Program Files(x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\KSP.log)

I will try to help.

On 10/29/2019 at 8:55 PM, Eychics said:

Will it ever be possible to not have the Canadarm as root part? (ex: for space stations)

Thinking of "worm movement"?
The basic problem is that in KSP (in Unity), the parts are structured in a Parent-Child structure. This dependency chain is very difficult to reverse in flight mode.

There are two reasons why the worm mode doesn't work:
1. The IKRC module operates in base element-servo motors-endeffector structure. If you want to replace the functionality of the elements, you need to re-structure the inverse kinematic chain. This could be done but is not yet part of the module.
The bigger problem is the second reason.
2. Used servo motors are managed by the InfernalRobotics module. These motors "work" so that the 3D model has a dedicated stationary part and a dedicated moving part.
The stator and the movable part are not interchangeable, because movement is accomplished by rotating the entire motor and with it the subsequent part with the desired angle and then rotating back the stationary part with the desired angle.
That's why MagicSmokeIndustries has "Rotor" and "Rotorb" part. 

5P8TuAv.jpg

PS: I'm working on the problem and there are positive results. It seems that the 2nd problem can be bypassed.

On 11/1/2019 at 11:33 AM, Mr_Xarchok said:

Can you make this mod complitable with 1.2.2.?

Have you tried in version 1.2.2 and it doesn't work? What's the matter with it?

If you think, send KSP.log for me. ("[email protected]" ; eg. path: c:\Program Files(x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\KSP.log)

Edited by Trufiadok

1 hour ago, Trufiadok said:

The basic problem is that in KSP (in Unity), the parts are structured in a Parent-Child structure. This dependency chain is very difficult to reverse in flight mode.

Inchworm movement works as of 1.7.3 

At least when the connection points are stock docking ports modules.

4 hours ago, Trufiadok said:

There are two reasons why the worm mode doesn't work:
1. The IKRC module operates in base element-servo motors-endeffector structure. If you want to replace the functionality of the elements, you need to re-structure the inverse kinematic chain. This could be done but is not yet part of the module.
The bigger problem is the second reason.
2. Used servo motors are managed by the InfernalRobotics module. These motors "work" so that the 3D model has a dedicated stationary part and a dedicated moving part.
The stator and the movable part are not interchangeable, because movement is accomplished by rotating the entire motor and with it the subsequent part with the desired angle and then rotating back the stationary part with the desired angle.
That's why MagicSmokeIndustries has "Rotor" and "Rotorb" part. 

5P8TuAv.jpg

PS: I'm working on the problem and there are positive results. It seems that the 2nd problem can be bypassed.

Have you tried in version 1.2.2 and it doesn't work? What's the matter with it?

Cool to see progress! I hope IKRC will support several Canadarms on the same spacecraft in the future

@Trufiadok Just wanted to say the mod is great. ;)

However, may I suggest seperating all the source code and the /Pics folder to a folder level above the actual mod files (using the "standard" /GameData/ and /Source/ folder structure would help), *or* just remove all the source stuff and/or /Pics in a seperate release package (instead of having people grab and install the full master repo).

Also, rearranging the folder structure to a moar "standard" KSP arrangement?

And I see the current folder size when extracted to /GameData, is ~358 MB... thats quite a lot.
I removed all the source material, the /Pics folder, and converted all the part textures from .mbm (.mbm format is not necessary any moar, and the file size for them is QUITE large), all to .dds.
This shrinks the necessary extracted files/folders people install, down to ~114 MB... Quite a bit better.
Also, by converting the textures from .mbm to .dds, might give a decent performance/FPS boost for users.

Also by changing the folder structure to a moar "standard" format, might help eliminate any users having installation difficulties and asking for support? vOv

I can make the changes for you and subimit a PR for you to look at and test, also? Just lmk...

On 11/3/2019 at 10:00 PM, Mr_Xarchok said:

When I click RMB on the part "TRF CA2 LEE" , there is no button "Turn on IKRC" in the appeared window(KSP 1.7.3)

This is probably because the repository on GitHub is not well structured.

You have also installed directories that belong to the source.

There is a lot of truth in what @Stone Blue wrote. This is what causes most problems for users.

Please, send KSP.log for me. ("[email protected]" ; eg. path: c:\Program Files(x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\KSP.log)

On 11/2/2019 at 6:08 PM, Stone Blue said:

@Trufiadok Just wanted to say the mod is great. ;)

However, may I suggest seperating all the source code and the /Pics folder to a folder level above the actual mod files (using the "standard" /GameData/ and /Source/ folder structure would help), *or* just remove all the source stuff and/or /Pics in a seperate release package (instead of having people grab and install the full master repo).

Also, rearranging the folder structure to a moar "standard" KSP arrangement?

And I see the current folder size when extracted to /GameData, is ~358 MB... thats quite a lot.
I removed all the source material, the /Pics folder, and converted all the part textures from .mbm (.mbm format is not necessary any moar, and the file size for them is QUITE large), all to .dds.
This shrinks the necessary extracted files/folders people install, down to ~114 MB... Quite a bit better.
Also, by converting the textures from .mbm to .dds, might give a decent performance/FPS boost for users.

Also by changing the folder structure to a moar "standard" format, might help eliminate any users having installation difficulties and asking for support? vOv

I can make the changes for you and subimit a PR for you to look at and test, also? Just lmk...

I accept your help and thank you in advance!

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/20/2019 at 11:11 AM, Jasseji said:

Great Job, i havent played KSP for a while but i am happy to see progress.

now we only need a complete ISS parts mod (i know there are a lot different ones, they just dont fit 100% together)

btw. @Trufiadok do you have a working MSS Gantry for this ?

MMS has SSRMS (Canadarm2) and SPDM (Dextre), but doesn't have MBS (Mobile Remote Servicer Base System) and MT (Mobile Transporter).
Canadarm2 can't move than worm.
Dextre doesn't have the final "dress" texture, yet. (I'm not very strong in texture making.)
Creating an MBS is basically a modeling task. (It's a matter of time.)
Realizing MT is a big challenge. It is a serious task to create connectable Truss elements, on wich MT unit can move through. (Anyone have any ideas?)