What crimes against Kerbin have you committed?

crasher925

On 6/1/2018 at 1:01 PM, Fraston said:

Also, my friend launched 4 kerbals with a mammoth engine(4 nozzles, 4 kerbals!) i heard that their charred corpses got into the high atmosphere.

that was me

15 hours ago, Xd the great said:

Stranding a kerbal on the mun to plant more flags for funds.

I've found it more economically sound to have a lander at Mun-Station, and then combine getting tourist(s) down, planting flag, grab some science and return to the station.

Which also means that I quite often have a small gaggle of tourists holed up at Mun-Station waiting for the other contracts :)

• 2 weeks later...

I installed a life support mod, while I had a crew stranded at Mun.  I run some numbers, and it was cheaper to hire a new pilot than sending an emergency rescue mission.  So I ehmm... voided their contract. (only one orange suit remains in my career mode).

In my defense, I havent lost another orange suited Kerbal since then.

• 1 month later...

I built a small drone with like a hundred BDA Hydra pods on it and destroyed the KSC

Also: built a 400- seat airliners er that actually flew. It went around in circles for a while before I rammed it I to the ocean. All of the Kerbals are now MIA.

Well, today's rocket car experiments would probably qualify.

Me and my brothers were trying to design drag racer rocket cars of sorts, the idea being to drive the length of the runway as fast as possible without exploding before that or killing the Kerbal on board. Results were ... mixed, with many of my early designs losing control and entering a transonic flat spin at ground level with predictable results. My latest designs are a bit better in that respect, being both stable enough for the run and much faster (the latest clocking a top speed of ~813m/s as it crossed the runway threshold) with a pilot's escape pod that doesn't regularly end up smashed against the fuselage the ground while ejecting at the end of a run or disintegrating from excessive g-forces. However, there is one "small" issue

To go from zero to 813 m/s in less than 15 seconds, the rocket car's acceleration can be charitably described as "brutal". It's so bad that I had to add a probe core to the later models to maintain control when the pilot passes out ... before reaching top speed. Herin lies my "crime"

To figure out the optimum fuel load, a lot of trial and error was used, time and again I would tweak the fuel loadout, perform a run (with the inevitable G-LOC) and repeat. For almost all of these tests, I used the same pilot (one I had recruited, I forget his name at the moment, had a high "stupidity" stat). The poor fellow had already been through dozens of runs with other models (not counting the ones he had died in which were reverted) the more recent ones having regularly knocked him out when ejecting, resulting in the parachutes not being deployed and his capsule spearing into the water at 200-300 m/s and somehow surviving. Now, having just finished that ordeal, he is strapped into an overpowered rocket sled of sorts and blasted down the runway until he passes out, waking up bobbing in the water in his capsule amid a shower of debris or in the moments before hitting the water (at which point he may pass out again). Now bruised and concussed, he is fished out of the water, taken back to the other end of the runway where another, nearly identical contraption waits, he climbs in and repeats the experience, again and again and again ...

You know, thinking about it that way is an ideal recipe for remorse

AviosAdku

• 1 month later...

Two similar threads have been joined together.

Just a friendly reminder, please don't post in someone's thread to tell them they posted in the wrong place - just report the post to let the moderators know and we'll merge threads as needed.

I’m actually pretty kermain to my Kerbals. I have actually got a Kobel Peace Prize for how I treat my Kerbals. Crimes against Kermanity should not be tolerated! 

Ever since there are no "official" laws against these Inkermain acts, I will create laws to follow that will keep you kermain. 

Crimes Against Kermanity

1. Don't launch a vessel with a Kerbal in it knowing that it will be destroyed.

2. If a Kerbonaut is unfit to travel to space; DON'T LAUNCH THEM!!! This is basically torture

3. Other Inkermain acts that you KNOW are not right 

Edited by The Amazing Popsicle

Throwing a kerbal into the Sun, trice, Because I kept forgetting that respawn was set to instantly. At this point, for no reason, I had delevopt an antagonist relationship with him, that refused to use him for any mission, until I launched a gigantic half vab sized mun base, population, that one kerbal. It was one giant prison, which held him for over half a kerbal century, until I ended that save.

Oh, now I recall... decided that LV-N is far too long for a stable landing and clipped it right across the lander can top to bottom. Conical tank, reaction wheel etc on top, three stubby landing legs (structural pylons) and just the tip of the bell nozzle sticking from below the lander can. The entire rocket was hardly taller than the engine. And I flew it a lot... poor pilot would likely soon die of cancer.

1 hour ago, KerbolExplorer said:

He is enjoying it so its not a crime!;)

N5WLLuc.png

We’ll see about that. Another thing, do Kerbals even have rights? Do Kerbals live under a dictatorship like communism? Do they even get paid for their work? These are important questions you see. :wink:

Edited by The Amazing Popsicle

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.