Dive into my hole

Maybe most of you have seen this when flying to the North pole, but I guess nobody took the time to explore it.

EtmgKQQ.png

sb0f9DJ.png

The challenge:

- Find the location.

- Set a base on the bottom of the hole.

- BONUS Have a sub that can explore the hole.

I'm not going to take this to seriously so use mods or what ever, just be there first and brag about it. :cool:

So I send in a rover hoping it would sink (it would if the wheels where thouging the ground I think)

It didn't so I'm back to the drawing board ^_^

RejBrSy.png

That bottom looks pretty scary . . .

Gk8h6zJ.png

Lxtgbrf.png

Edited by Triop

I started a mission with this Sub Base called Arctic Endeavor, it's got lander cans so we can have some observatory while we are there. Here are pictures of a test drop. Game plan is to drop the base in the hole then fly a mini sub there and with the ability to refuel the mini sub. This base is full of Ore that brings the weight to 58.6t. Right now it's not sinking. I also have lots of sepratrons to blast near the water to stop the damage from hitting the water too hard.

o2Xfid3.png

rBt7is4.png

rUGcCF1.png

5 hours ago, Castille7 said:

I started a mission with this Sub Base called Arctic Endeavor, it's got lander cans so we can have some observatory while we are there. Here are pictures of a test drop. Game plan is to drop the base in the hole then fly a mini sub there and with the ability to refuel the mini sub. This base is full of Ore that brings the weight to 58.6t. Right now it's not sinking. I also have lots of sepratrons to blast near the water to stop the damage from hitting the water too hard.

Awesome !

I like the duo-plane and the refueling idea.

Goodluck.

21 minutes ago, DoctorDavinci said:

@Triop - Just an exploratory mission ... Val and her friends will come pick up Jeb when he is done diving in your hole ;)

Nice, awesome stuff from you as always !

1152 meters deep . . .Wow, didn't expect that !

You beat me to it, but I'm still goin to get my measly science points ^_^

Edited by Triop

YAY!!!.........NOT!.....This is a little embarrassing :blush: I hit save just before getting to the drop zone, the sub was tested and it can dive....BUT! I didn't take the time to do any test drops because I wanted to get to the hole tonight. Sooooo after a few F9's the best I could do was crash land just before the hole ;.;. On the other hand, I may have enough fuel to dive under the ice and pop up inside the hole!!!....stay tuned! :D

Hs0oRfD.png 

78YSRZr.png

Diving Down.............oh the suspense!!

CUO7Skl.png 

aaaaaaahhhhh! It's not a floating sheet of ice!!! :mad:  Didn't realize until after this that  @DoctorDavinci had already reached the bottom of the hole......To be continued.......

3MN6NLn.png

Edited by Castille7

LMAO.

Sorry that just so funny.

#SubmarineBase (No Im Not Sorry)

Come to think of it there should be a cave that leads from that hole into the ocean. Would be a neat thing to run across.

Edited by Mark Kerbin

11 hours ago, Gargamel said:

Apparently you missed the recent thread in Gameplay questions on this very topic.... ;)

Sure did! :blush: I mentioned it here. Unless it was mentioned somewhere else.

aaaaaaahhhhh! It's not a floating sheet of ice!!! :mad:  Didn't realize until after this that  @DoctorDavinci had already reached the bottom of the hole......To be continued...

Edited by Castille7

• 3 weeks later...
6 hours ago, XLjedi said:

@Triop  I built a new long range bomber and a specialized cruise missile just for this challenge...

Wel done sir, very nice design.

+recovery  :rep::rep::rep::rep::rep:

Is there a way to get the sub home ?

On 5/14/2018 at 5:16 AM, Gargamel said:

Apparently you missed the recent thread in Gameplay questions on this very topic.... ;)

Where can I find it ?

I've looked but didn't find anything.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.