I may have found a bug in the latest version of KSP (as of 07/05/2018)

(I didn't know where else to post this.)

While I was playing around with subassemblies for one of my cargo aircraft, I noticed something weird about some of them.

After narrowing down the issue, I found that subassemblies containing Rockomax X200 series fuel tanks displayed them with their old model and texture.
Now, the subassemblies in question were created before patch 1.4.
vd0q1MX.png
As you can see, the new texture is in the foreground with the alternate versions in the centre. Notice that there are three different variants of the X200 fuel tanks
present here, respectively with their old textures/models.

When I right-clicked on the old ones, they didn't show the texture options at the bottom of the menu either.

Bear with me, the bug report system is too complicated for my simple mind even with the guides.

12 minutes ago, AngryKitty said:

Not a bug, that's working as intended. You have to go through and update the subassemblies if you want to use the new tanks. It was done this way to avoid breaking old ships.

I thought so, although it seemed weird to have two parts be the same, but also different. Almost as if Squad had overlooked it.

2 hours ago, Kerbal Dynamics said:

I thought so, although it seemed weird to have two parts be the same, but also different. Almost as if Squad had overlooked it.

From what I know, they'll be phased out eventually.

This is the intended behaviour, though. I remember it being mentioned in something, though I'm not sure what...

26 minutes ago, Bill Phil said:

From what I know, they'll be phased out eventually.

This is the intended behaviour, though. I remember it being mentioned in something, though I'm not sure what...

I see. In that case, many thanks for the information!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.