Newbie Central - Micro-challenges for new comers! - Closed

47 minutes ago, Dr. SpaceFreak said:

How can I get in to this? I've never been in a challenge. Apreciate the help!

Just do it ;)Read and follow the rules and how to submit your entry (a picture of your mun station is enough for the current challenge)

edit: somehow the link doesn't bring up the correct post....it is on site 4^^

Edited by 4x4cheesecake

6 minutes ago, Dr. SpaceFreak said:

Thanks for the

Thanks for the help! And when the challenge closes?

Well, the OP says that each challenge will run for 10 days but AFAIK, @Alpha 360 mentioned to change this to "you can submit until the next challenge pops up", even though the OP is not updated yet. Unfortunately, due some RL and other things, this can always be another day (hopefully, every upcoming challenge will be announced like before)

My humble Munnar station: 2 science labs, a coupula, 2 Hitchhicker modules, an Adove module (10 kerbals capacity from a mod) several solar panels (-1 of them, destroyed by this idiot kerbal on the picture), some antennas and 15000 electric charge, and a couple of fuel tanks, also a Davon selfsupply tank and a bunch of docking ports.

6e751822857eeb12aa64a5814341d367-full.pn

Oh, and thanks guys for the help!

Edited by Dr. SpaceFreak

General Universal Internal Memo:

Operation: ANCHOR ONE

• Mission Images:
  • Spoiler

NWpgZwR.png

Full Album: https://imgur.com/a/jeF9Mhu

Dustoff Station now operational in LMO

• Dock & Refuel now possible in Munar orbit
    • Rescue of currently stranded Valentina Kerman now possible
    • Deployment of Inter-orbital transport & extra-planetary industrial mining now feasible

Operation success achieved, future considerations:

• Station structure rather flimsy, recommend larger assembly components
  • Unmanned craft lose signal when behind the Mun, recommend construction of relay array
  • Port solar arm currently placed incorrectly, recommend deployment of orbital maneuvering & assembly vehicle
  • Mun delivery rocket currently overkill for delivery of craft smaller than Universal Orbital Silo to Munar orbit, recommend removing superfluous transfer stage.

Argh! I'm too popular to participate! ;-;

*Walks away sadly while dramatic, sorrowful piano music plays in the background*

I also seem to be missing a lot of threads lately. I literally just noticed this one.

Hm. I'm in exams season.  :D

You don't have to change your entry, @Barzon Kerman. It doesn't matter because you have posted a space station around the mun with two parts. Since you have done that, you will receive a medal regardless of additions or subtractions. Once its up there, it will give you a medal. 

On ‎5‎/‎22‎/‎2018 at 1:02 PM, Earthlinger said:

Argh! I'm too popular to participate! ;-;

*Walks away sadly while dramatic, sorrowful piano music plays in the background*

I also seem to be missing a lot of threads lately. I literally just noticed this one.

Hm. I'm in exams season.  :D

Indeed. Now get out! Newbies only!</joke>

Here's my Mun station, built specifically for this challenge.

Includes a Cupola, hitchhiker storage and science lab for Kerbals, communication arrays and solar panels, fuel and monoprop, and 4 docking ports - 3 for arriving crew vessels and one for refuelling.  All built using 3 main modules taking up 3 launches, and a 4th launch to deliver the refuelling tanks.

First launch delivered the station core, which includes the habitation modules, basic comms and power supply

munstat1.jpg

Second launch added main power supply and principal comms module.  It also added a further 2 docking ports.

munstat2.jpg

3rd launch added the base for later addition of refuelling tanks

munstat3.jpg

4th and final launch supplied the refuelling tanks

First one almost in place

munstat4.jpg

Final station

munstat5.jpg

Edited by Scarecrow

This looks very fun! How much time is left on the current challenge? If there's enough time I think I'll attempt at it.

Heck, I don't care if it's closed I think I just need to do this stuff anyway.

Edited by Gyrothesia

2 hours ago, Gyrothesia said:

This looks very fun! How much time is left on the current challenge? If there's enough time I think I'll attempt at it.

Heck, I don't care if it's closed I think I just need to do this stuff anyway.

The challenge is open until the next one is up.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.