Newbie Central - Micro-challenges for new comers! - Closed

Just as a public announcement, I will be taking a break from the forums for a little while. I'll hopefully be back by the end of the month, but that means I won't be able to hand out the medals for the next two challenges. For those two challenges, would the author of their challenge be so kind as to take care of the medals as well? 

Happy Explosions!

3 hours ago, Alpha 360 said:

Just as a public announcement, I will be taking a break from the forums for a little while. I'll hopefully be back by the end of the month, but that means I won't be able to hand out the medals for the next two challenges. For those two challenges, would the author of their challenge be so kind as to take care of the medals as well? 

Happy Explosions!

I am available for medal art creation assistance if it's needed! Check out my Juno badge as an example of my work.

@The Minmus Derp, in the tag it says below 750 reputation. 

When my reputation goes above 750 rep I'll bequeath this thread to @kerbalstar, who is doing most of the organizing behind this thread.  

So, please DON'T like this post, because then I'll be thrown out sooner. :/

Edited by Alpha 360

1 hour ago, Alpha 360 said:

@The Minmus Derp, in the tag it says below 750 reputation. 

When my reputation goes above 750 rep I'll bequeath this thread to @kerbalstar, who is doing most of the organizing behind this thread.  

So, please DON'T like this post, because then I'll be thrown out sooner. :/

Why thank you @Alpha 360

10 hours ago, Alpha 360 said:

Happy Explosions!

Whoops, sorry.

Edited by kerbalstar

21 hours ago, Alpha 360 said:

He is an experienced hand at medal production, so expect a whopper of a medal at the end of this challenge!  

Has he been informed of this expectation?

!General Universal Public Announcement!

Operation DELIVERANCE Entry Cutoff

Due to budget constraints, any further entries for operation DELIVERANCE will need to be finalized and submitted before medal presentation which is due to occur later this evening.

(pardon my shirking character for a moment, but @hoioh, you haven't yet given a proper submission for this challenge, we can't give you a medal if you don't make a submission)

3 hours ago, Lucast0909 said:

!General Universal Public Announcement!

Operation DELIVERANCE Entry Cutoff

Due to budget constraints, any further entries for operation DELIVERANCE will need to be finalized and submitted before medal presentation which is due to occur later this evening.

(pardon my shirking character for a moment, but @hoioh, you haven't yet given a proper submission for this challenge, we can't give you a medal if you don't make a submission)

Greetings, all! I am proud to present the medals for our challenge winners.

@Scarecrow  gets the tier 3 medal!

OflhhIdt.jpg

@4x4cheesecake gets a shiny new tier 4 medal!

aPIXrZy.png

@hoioh  - We're still waiting to see how your mission panned out. I'll just keep your tier 4 medal in my top desk drawer for when you get back.

I also get a shiny new tier 4 medal! It's okay, I can pin it on myself.

HP6MpgA.png

No, it's not bigger. That's just an optical illusion due to your perspective.

We're working on getting the next challenge put together, and hope to have it up very soon. Let's keep the submissions coming, these are some really interesting builds! It's amazing the variety of ways different people solve the same problem.

Happy explosions! 

11 hours ago, doggonemess said:

-- snip --

I'lll attempt to finish it up tonight, just started a new job and can't devote enough time to KSP for the complexity level of my mission. So far I've landed my shuttle next to my base, now I still need to collect my Kerbals from orbit, exchnge the ladies for the men and fly the ladies back home

Ok, on the edge there, but here's some pictures of the mission. Video will follow later (requires editing and uploading)

sVBWuQi.jpg

Arrival of the crew form the space station

6xkhXHB.jpg

Refueling the shuttle (without exploding the base) And moving crews around

h9B5tkA.jpg

Any landing you can walk away from is a good landing, right?

KASA

2018-06-16

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

KASA seeks to build a semi-permanent laboratory and habitat in low-Kerbin orbit. Your mission, should you choose to accept it, is to build, launch, and staff a reproduction of the NASA Skylab spacecraft. See my station as an example or make a copy of the station based on NASA's design. After launch and deployment, you then need to rotate the crew (at least three Kerbals) back to Kerbin and have a new crew delivered and brought back home mostly intact.

38RkQhf.jpg

"Skylab". Sort of.

Mission goals:

1. Build Skylab - it needs to have a habitat, solar panels, a crew return capsule, a communications dish, three kerbals and a docking port to meet the requirements.
  2. Launch the station with crew module to LKO, with altitude between 70 and 250 km.
  3. Deploy solar panels and crew the station.
  4. Do some science and a few laps around the planet! Worker mutiny optional.
  5. Return crew to Kerbin.
  6. Launch a new three-kerbal crew to station.
  7. Return the crew safely to Kerbin.
  8. Take screenshots of important events and the F3 mission log at the end.

Lev Aerospace mission log is here: https://imgur.com/a/mGHSG5r

Good luck, and happy explosions!

///// 7418880 L4TW

28 minutes ago, oAsAo said:

I think I have stranded kerbal on Eve in one of my safes...

I never returned from there.

There is always just one challenge active and 'rescue a kerbal' is closed, since the new challenge is presented in the post above yours. I'm afraid, you can no longer do the 'rescue a kerbal' challenge, but you are welcome to try the new one :) 

1 hour ago, hoioh said:

I hope I did this one correctly. I launched my Skylab, then separately launched a crew on an SSTO and later sent up a crew on a rocket:

I'm not in charge, but I would say this qualifies - NASA did originally plan for the space shuttle to service Skylab. Instead, they let it deorbit and focus on the ISS. So, in that vein, sending Kerbals on an SSTO would be practically the same thing, right?

TBH most of these challenges seem very fun and enjoyable.

*looks at rep count*

Ah well can't do them. Best of luck to all though, I'll probably be watching.

Edited by qzgy

3 hours ago, qzgy said:

TBH most of these challenges seem very fun and enjoyable.

*looks at rep count*

Ah well can't do them. Best of luck to all though, I'll probably be watching.

You can still do them, just not ffor realz

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.