Newbie Central - Micro-challenges for new comers! - Closed

16 minutes ago, doggonemess said:

I think he's pointing out the typo in the title. Can it not be corrected once the thread posts?

It's fixed. Please get on with discussing the actual thread content now. 

51 minutes ago, Elon Kerman Jr said:

@kerbalstarcan I use Scan sat to look for the things because I already have a scan sat in my purestock save

Yup. It's a good option C. 

2 hours ago, hoioh said:

Went to the memorial with a Kapollo style mission, thought it'd be fitting:

Reveal hidden contents

q3jeSbO.jpg

I'll also admit that in 4+ years of playing KSP for literally thousands of hours, I never visited any of the easter eggs either! :blush:

Very nice @hoioh! I like the Apollo Style lander by the NAM with the LM on it.

56 minutes ago, Elon Kerman Jr said:

@kerbalstarcan I use Scan sat to look for the things because I already have a scan sat in my purestock save

Oh, I just remembered, if you use ScanSat, it has the same caveats as option A. Just so you know!

Just now, Elon Kerman Jr said:

What does caveats means

From Bing: 

ca·ve·at
[ˈkavēˌat, ˈkävēˌät]

NOUN
caveats (plural noun)
  1. a warning or proviso of specific stipulations, conditions, or limitations.
    synonyms: warning · caution · admonition · monition · red flag · alarm bells · proviso · condition · stipulation · provision · clause · rider · qualification · restriction · reservation· limitation · strings
    • law
      a notice, especially in a probate, that certain actions may not be taken without informing the person who gave the notice.

Basically problems.

4 hours ago, Alpha 360 said:

At the end of the week, I'll hand out the badges. I'm so glad to see so many submissions for the first micro-challenge! Thanks for posting in this thread everyone! 

Might I recommend you implement a little star system to the badge so after each mission you get an extra star? sort of similar to the way the STS badges currently work? It leaves some space in the signature while also showing how many you've completed

16 hours ago, Vanamonde said:

It's fixed. Please get on with discussing the actual thread content now. 

Yay! My obsessive-compulsive ADD fueled nitpicking is satisfied. :D

And I am actually fielding a mission, no trolling intended. 

8 hours ago, TheFlyingKerman said:

It is OK to drive to the anomaly?

I'm sorry but I have to say no.  The point of the challenge is precision landing, not land anywhere and drive there. Since @VelocityPolaris disagrees, what do you @Alpha 360 think, also @obney kerman.

4 hours ago, Kergarin said:

I have just 519points. Am I allowed to participate? :D

Reveal hidden contents

Good job and another ENCCC badge @Kergarin!

@TheFlyingKerman, I'm inclined to say that you can drive to the anomaly if you land within lets say 10 kilometers of the anomaly. Pin-point landings aren't my thing, so I symathise. 

Here is a quick tip on precision landing at low-gravity bodies. Put your peripasis beyond the target by a cms "on screen distance", and when you near peri, start to burn. Hopefully you will end up near the anomaly. 

7 minutes ago, obney kerman said:

I Agree with @Alpha 360 that you should be within 10km.

35 minutes ago, Alpha 360 said:

@TheFlyingKerman, I'm inclined to say that you can drive to the anomaly if you land within lets say 10 kilometers of the anomaly. Pin-point landings aren't my thing, so I symathise. 

Here is a quick tip on precision landing at low-gravity bodies. Put your peripasis beyond the target by a cms "on screen distance", and when you near peri, start to burn. Hopefully you will end up near the anomaly. 

Sounds good, I'll edit the post.

Post is edited. :)

7 hours ago, Kergarin said:

I have just 519points. Am I allowed to participate? :D

Looks at signature.

Suspicion increases.....

c9f31496-6b94-40ad-94ad-43c8c4b20df0.jpg

But I don't run the challenge. :ph34r:

I myself cannot participate. But I think this thread is a great idea! Can I suggest a challenge be a SSTO satellite launch?

4 minutes ago, qzgy said:

Looks at signature.

Suspicion increases.....

c9f31496-6b94-40ad-94ad-43c8c4b20df0.jpg

But I don't run the challenge. :ph34r:

I myself cannot participate. But I think this thread is a great idea! Can I suggest a challenge be a SSTO satellite launch?

I like that idea. Me and my co-authors are working out a schedule.

So my excited journey is complete! I made it to the Mun and back... but didn't find an anomaly. Oddly, I reached the coordinates and there was nothing there. It was still a fun trip, and some very amusing things happened. And one not so amusing thing.

Here's my complete travel log: https://imgur.com/a/OQmMPvB

1VoSVW9.jpg

This screenshot sums up the mission pretty well:

ed09yPA.png

Jamie

Edited by doggonemess

24 minutes ago, doggonemess said:

So my excited journey is complete! I made it to the Mun and back... but didn't find an anomaly. Oddly, I reached the coordinates and there was nothing there. It was still a fun trip, and some very amusing things happened. And one not so amusing thing.

Here's my complete travel log: https://imgur.com/a/OQmMPvB

1VoSVW9.jpg

This screenshot sums up the mission pretty well:

ed09yPA.png

Jamie

Good job, sorry you didn’t find an anomaly. The coordinates you put in were for the Mun right? I figured, just checking. You can always try again!:) 

V4GIp5T.jpg 

(anomaly pic within)

Spoiler

7VofBLH.jpg

That was nice, I've never actually used Kerbnet before, so this was a fun outing. Normally I just stumble into these things while bumbling around, so actually finding them the right way almost felt like cheating!

Thanks for the challenge, all!

Edited by Cunjo Carl
Woops, putting anomaly pic in spoiler. Sorry 'bout that!

6 hours ago, Cunjo Carl said:

That was nice, I've never actually used Kerbnet before, so this was a fun outing. Normally I just stumble into these things while bumbling around, so actually finding them the right way almost felt like cheating!

Thanks for the challenge, all!

(How do you use Kerbnet for this, by the way? I actually kinda don't know how to do this.)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.